Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand Sanitiser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

GooglePlus wrote: »
    I got 4x500ml 70% alc gel on Carethy for just under 40e w) delivery.

I kept two and gave two to vulnerable family.

Dodgy site
    Rating: 1.8 - ‎3,106 reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

toneygecko wrote: »
    Hi, can you confirm what the alcohol percentage is in this stuff, can't find the detail online.

It's marked on the bottle at 70 percent

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

For anyone who purchased and received the Handmade Soap Co and The foran (RedMills store) variations, what are the respective consistencies like? Are they a gel or liquid medium? And are they contained in a bottle which has a spout lid (in that you can easily squeeze it into your hands and evenly distribute it on the go) or did you have to decant the formulation into another bottle?

Both companies are gel rather than liquid. Redmills comes with a screw on lid. Handmade soap company has a pleasant smell and comes in a bottle with a screw on lid. The lid also tilts & you can squeeze it out. Like a shampoo bottle. Both good quality products but handmade soap company is slightly better as its scented and has a better bottle

For anyone who purchased and received the Handmade Soap Co and The foran (RedMills store) variations, what are the respective consistencies like? Are they a gel or liquid medium? And are they contained in a bottle which has a spout lid (in that you can easily squeeze it into your hands and evenly distribute it on the go) or did you have to decant the formulation into another bottle?

Both companies are gel rather than liquid. Redmills comes with a screw on lid. Handmade soap company has a pleasant smell and comes in a bottle with a screw on lid. The lid also tilts & you can squeeze it out. Like a shampoo bottle. Both good quality products but handmade soap company is slightly better as its scented and has a better bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭leex

I use the Red Mills product in car. Bottle cap is similar to a mayonnaise cap etc - turn bottle upside down and squeeze out what you need.

When I get around to using the GH product I'll try it in a liquid soap bottle. It is likely to be messier but better than having nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

dibs101 wrote: »
    The red mills is like a gel.... you wouldn’t be able to spray it.
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    leex wrote: »
    I use the Red Mills product in car. Bottle cap is similar to a mayonnaise cap etc - turn bottle upside down and squeeze out what you need.

When I get around to using the GH product I'll try it in a liquid soap bottle. It is likely to be messier but better than having nothing.

Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭patnor1011

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Bought loads of IPA on eBay for cleaning purposes, it's 99% alcohol, I'd be weary mixing it and putting it near my skin.

That is exactly what is in your hand sanitizer. You just need to mix a little glycerol in it or aloe vera gel. Exactly the same stuff like you get in shops.

If anyone is still on the lookout for Hand sanitizer in a decent sized bottle, I ended up purchasing this Selden So Sterile 73% Alcohol Hand Sanitiser 500Ml from heavins (a Family run co-op/ hardware store based in Athlone).

I bought it online on Sunday night, received a notification last night that it has been dispatched. :)

Quick search of their website also shows that they stock a 250ml option produced by the White Hag brewing company

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

https://handsanitizerdirect.ie/

have stuff in stock.

*not affiliated in any way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

bump, just in case this got buried and people are looking for some

Dunnes are selling 100ml bottles of sanitiser for €5. McCabes pharmacy also have plenty, but smaller sizes and more expensive.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

The Problem with Hand Sanitser and the prices is that if its airfreighted in its a Hazard good. Hence why its so expensive these days compared to when it used to come in via Sea freight, as well as a world wide shortage on materials for masks and sanitiser.

If you by 10 bottles of 100ml, its 5.39 and also masks etc available with next day delivery:

https://www.themobilityshop.ie/daily-living-aids/daily-living-aids-en.html

Also be ware of where you buy masks, there are so so many fake masks going around in both shops and on the internet. Retailers and chancers trying to make a buck are assuming the masks are made correctly and so often people are wearing masks that don't help. The test is to run the mask under water and if the water penetrates them they are effectively useless.

If you by 10 bottles of 100ml, its 5.39 and also masks etc available with next day delivery:

Almost 60 euros for a litre! Wow! That hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

https://www.lifepharmacy.ie/hand-sanitiser-gel.html

Got some of this the other day, quick enough delivery to store

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Almost 60 euros for a litre! Wow! That hurts

ha and I thought I got ripped off a few weeks back when I paid €30 for a 1 litre bottle

Ace2007 wrote:
    ha and I thought I got ripped off a few weeks back when I paid €30 for a 1 litre bottle

Id be looking for 5 litres for 60 euro. 30 for a litre is OK. There's links on the thread for half a little for 15 euro. Prices must be coming down again. I see it back on shelves in pharmacy's

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Dingle Gin are selling 100ml bottles for €2.50. €6 for delivery. I just ordered 5 which is the max order. It’s 80% alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Is 60% alcohol enough or should I add a bit of of surgical spirits to it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Jeez lads how much are you using! I know all I need it for is the weekly shop but I just have one of those small bottles from Aldi and I still have two thirds left. Wash my hands properly otherwise. Is it at work the large quantities are needed, like Sleeper?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

TheChizler wrote: »
    Jeez lads how much are you using! I know all I need it for is the weekly shop but I just have one of those small bottles from Aldi and I still have two thirds left. Wash my hands properly otherwise. Is it at work the large quantities are needed, like Sleeper?

I think it depends on the type of sanitiser 1ml of a gel is enough to clean and sterilise your hands. So a 100ml bottle in theory is 100 applications, although the bigger the size of the container the more one may use. If its liquid alcohol a squirt would be a lot bigger so you might only get 10 applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Dingle Gin are selling 100ml bottles for €2.50. €6 for delivery. I just ordered 5 which is the max order. It’s 80% alcohol.

Was about to order but payment page is not secure.....

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

Myprotein are giving 50ml bottles of hand sanitizer free with every order. Tick the box at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Was about to order but payment page is not secure.....

I thought once you can see a lock 🔒 that it is secure. Hope it’s okay because I did order using credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AOHopeful2019

If anyone is still looking for hand sanitiser, boots seem to have a six pack of 300ml Carex antibacterial gel for €27 available on their website!

If anyone is still looking for hand sanitiser, boots seem to have a six pack of 300ml Carex antibacterial gel for €27 available on their website!

Out of stock unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AOHopeful2019

Out of stock unfortunately.

I'm sorry, must have sold out quickly!

I'm sorry, must have sold out quickly!

It seems to be coming in and out of stock - almost like they're trying to limit orders of it. I eventually got it and a few other items to take my order above 40euro for free delivery. Good value at that price. Thanks for letting us know about this.

It seems to be coming in and out of stock - almost like they're trying to limit orders of it. I eventually got it and a few other items to take my order above 40euro for free delivery. Good value at that price. Thanks for letting us know about this.

9.95 euro 180ml plus P&P. Good quality product & smells nice

https://thehandmadesoapcompany.com/products/pre-order-br-hand-sanitiser-lemongrass-cedarwood-180ml?variant=32016369188927¤cy=EUR&gclid=CjwKCAjwnIr1BRAWEiwA6GpwNZBesN66iWfq2mE1OnPuiuH6xHtc2tLDeK15p0GqRb3lBUKnjLgkTBoCmMQQAvD_BwE

8.95 euro 500ml plus VAT Plus P&P. Another good product

https://redmillsstore.ie/products/foran-hand-sanitizer-with-70-alcohol-and-aloe-500ml?_pos=1&_sid=dd3f2674f&_ss=r

Both in stock

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just on Sleeper12 I'd second the Handmade Soap one, try code Kindness might still work for a discount code. It is the nicest sanitizer I've gotten, its smells strongly of alcohol when you open it, but when you rub it in it smells of Lemongrass, really nice, hasn't dried hands either. (not using much as working from home, but handy)

Advertisement