Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New iPad Pro and MacBook Air

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

That’s brutal, that’s more likely poor app Dev on Twitters end though, right? I upgraded my iPad Air (1) to the 10.5 iPad recently enough and have to say I’m very pleased with everything on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

That’s brutal, that’s more likely poor app Dev on Twitters end though, right? I upgraded my iPad Air (1) to the 10.5 iPad recently enough and have to say I’m very pleased with everything on it.

Yeah. Absolutely abysmal coding that it could lock up a 2020 iPad Pro.

loike wrote: »
    It shipped this morning from The Netherlands and is still say the 17th. Don’t see how it could take two weeks to come from there?

Any sign of your delivery, Loike?

I was on MacBook Air Reddit sub earlier, I learned a couple of things.

1. Most deliveries are landing before Apples estimates, up to a week in some cases. The guys there say that UPS tracker is the one to follow, not Apple’s one.

2. If you’re in the UK/US or China, orders from there seem to be prioritised. There are a bunch of folks that ordered their MBA on the 1st/2nd of April and they’ve shipped and most of them are not base models, they are customised.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

Any sign of your delivery, Loike?

I was on MacBook Air Reddit sub earlier, I learned a couple of things.

1. Most deliveries are landing before Apples estimates, up to a week in some cases. The guys there say that UPS tracker is the one to follow, not Apple’s one.

2. If you’re in the UK/US or China, orders from there seem to be prioritised. There are a bunch of folks that ordered their MBA on the 1st/2nd of April and they’ve shipped and most of them are not base models, they are customised.

No update on the delivery. I rang DHL and they said they hadn’t received the order only the delivery information and to contact Apple. When I rang Apple they said that it’s still on track to deliver on Friday 17th and if I don’t see movement on it next week to contact them again.

No update on the delivery. I rang DHL and they said they hadn’t received the order only the delivery information and to contact Apple. When I rang Apple they said that it’s still on track to deliver on Friday 17th and if I don’t see movement on it next week to contact them again.

Ten minutes after I posted this I got a mail saying my order is due to arrive on Tuesday 14th!

• Advertisement

I saw the folks saying on Macrumor Forums that once it lands in the Netherlands that delivery is next day for the UK so you might hope it'd be 2-3 days for us. It seems all deliveries are landing closer to the earlier date in the delivery window than the later. Mine changed to "preparing to ship" this morning and the card was charged. So I would imagine my date of the 22nd is realistic at this stage.

Ten minutes after I posted this I got a mail saying my order is due to arrive on Tuesday 14th!

Is that on point with original window or earlier?

Is that on point with original window or earlier?

Earlier, my window for delivery was 16th - 23rd with date of delivery given as the 17th once it went to “shipped”.

Ahh cool cool. Is that Apple's date or DHL? I am 1 week behind you to the day I think. I hate the waiting... :) Should have went with Apple originally instead of Harvery Norman, particullary after some research I decided to up the processor and ram.

Ahh cool cool. Is that Apple's date or DHL? I am 1 week behind you to the day I think. I hate the waiting... :) Should have went with Apple originally instead of Harvery Norman, particullary after some research I decided to up the processor and ram.

It’s the DHL date!

• Advertisement

Got a text saying it’s out for delivery today but I won’t be home to get it ��

Ah misery! :( can you not rearrange for where you are? I actually got a shipping notice this morning from UPS saying I'll have it by end of day on Wednesday 15th... my original window was 22-28 of April.

Ah misery! :( can you not rearrange for where you are? I actually got a shipping notice this morning from UPS saying I'll have it by end of day on Wednesday 15th... my original window was 22-28 of April.

Sadly not, so they will they deliver it on Tuesday / Wednesday but are prioritising medial deliveries so only if they are in my area will they deliver i’ve been told..

Sadly not, so they will they deliver it on Tuesday / Wednesday but are prioritising medial deliveries so only if they are in my area will they deliver i’ve been told..

I get the medical supply side of things... but still... that's ****y man..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I see that a 30W charger comes with the new Air. If I buy a higher watt charger will it speed up charging time?

I see that a 30W charger comes with the new Air. If I buy a higher watt charger will it speed up charging time?

There’s guys on Reddit and MacRumors saying they’re using 45w and 60w and said they’re getting significantly faster charging. So I guess the answer it yes :D

Arrived this morning! ��

Arrived this morning! ��

Tremendous! :D I have my fingers crossed that UPS deliver as promised. Apple updated their delivery day this morning to the 15th too..

Mine landed there an hour ago! Very pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

My employer bought me a new 12.9 for work. I've no tracking number though so no idea how my order is progressing. It was ordered on 30/3/20. Anyone else waiting still? Any idea when it may arrive?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My employer bought me a new 12.9 for work. I've no tracking number though so no idea how my order is progressing. It was ordered on 30/3/20. Anyone else waiting still? Any idea when it may arrive?

Should have arrived by now.
    Ordered a 12.9 this evening and it says delivery for 1st may, next Friday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gumbo wrote: »
    Should have arrived by now.
    Ordered a 12.9 this evening and it says delivery for 1st may, next Friday.

Just to update.
    Out for delivery with DHL for tomorrow, Tuesday 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'm hugely tempted by the i5 MacBook Air. I've had a high end late 2011 MacBook Pro since 2012 that has never missed a beat but its not going to last forever.

I'm hearing that apple may be coming out with an ARM MacBook Air next year? I can see the upside here with the speed and power efficiency of these chips but I need certain 3rd party apps for work, Citrix etc.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Is it worth waiting for these or could it be a disaster for 3rd party app support?

I have the 2020 i5 MBA. It's excellent and it has taken everything I have thrown at it without issue. I wouldn't expect anything concrete as to which device Apple will put the ARM chips into first, the Air would make sense, however they have just released the new Air a month ago so I doubt they'll kill potential sales by saying they're gonna load up the next itteration with the new chips. If you need/want a new machine just get it :D Just beware, if you're used to a Pro make sure the Air will do what you want from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got an iPad Pro about 6 months ago, but my wife wanted one, so I'm giving her mine, and just ordered a new 12.9 from Harvey Norman, which was shipped today. Hopefully tomorrow, likely on Thursday. Edit: Or Friday. The days are just blending together.

Advertisement