Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid19 Part X - 1,564 cases ROI (9 deaths) 209 in NI (7 deaths) (25 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

spookwoman wrote: »
    Another scandal/inquiry in the making
    Not really. If, as they say, there are 20000 tests a day being requested it means that the ones most at risk may not be identified quickly enough from the huge numbers who don't have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Wasn't listening myself but someone said ref interview on radio this morning that people may have to call gp's again to get their name back on the list to be tested.

My wife got a text from some queueing service yesterday saying that she was to continue to self isolate while waiting for a test. I presume that means she’s still on the list. If you didn’t get a similar text and you still have symptoms then perhaps you should contact your gp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

When all this settles down it’s very important that we as a nation remember the huge amount of self entitled gombeens who live among us in society.
    I’m talking about the ones who ran out in week one and stripped the Aldi shelves bare.
    The same shelves are full again in spite of yere greedy efforts ye swine.huge thanks to the Aldi staff who had to witness and entertain that fcukin nonsense.
    I’m talking about the ones who queued up for a McDonald’s just to be seen doing it and having the guards go out and send ye home.precious emergency service time wasted on moving sheep out of a drive through.fcuking embarrassing.
    And finally a special mention for all the idiotic fools and their “sources” who sent all the messages about the “11am LOCKDOWN”.
    May ye all be remembered as the self entitled,idiotic gombeens that ye are and always will be.

Sounds like the Fr. Ted Golden Cleric Award speech :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

is_that_so wrote: »
    They still want to get to that 15000 but the testing criteria will be more focused.

There is a conspiracy forum for you.

YFlyer wrote: »
    There is a conspiracy forum for you.
    Indeed, you posted in the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

greenpilot wrote: »
    "2 Children under 5 in hospital in Ireland with virus .no mum or dad allowed.imagin .
    STAY HOME.what if it was your child ."

Just a sample of the utter ****e being shared around Facebook at the moment by bottom feeders.

How is that utter ****e? If the child is in hospital their wouldnt be any visitors everyone knows this. If a person dies due to this virus the last time u will see them is before they go into isolation u wont be having a wake a proper funeral or anything does not matter what age they are cant be near someone with the virus. It sounds awful and it is but its the only way otherwise it will keep spreading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Akrasia wrote: »
    My wife got a text from some queueing service yesterday saying that she was to continue to self isolate while waiting for a test. I presume that means she’s still on the list. If you didn’t get a similar text and you still have symptoms then perhaps you should contact your gp

I'm fine haven't been sick.The cheltenham transfer lot would only be starting. Think they are making a mistake and relying on too small a number of tests results to make decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shelly66

I don’t think all that much has changed from yesterday regarding closures. Libraries and most gym already closed as where local hairdressers nail bars etc . So now we can all go to Woodies / hardwares etc as they are open !! Should only be open for tradesmen in mornings and if they make queue long enough will discourage ppl.

Local construction site no distancing and they sit on local park bench together for lunch , !!

Really don’t think much changed with regards distancing ppl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

No, it's a refined version of who to test , test , test. De Gascun last night suggested that many could have other illnesses. There really is no point in 15000 tests a day only finding 900 positives, when a more focused testing regime of say 4000 a day can turn up 1600 (They get 40% from annual flu' tests).

Few questions this morning waking up to this nightmare. We are a rich country so I'm told.
    • So we should go against WHO because we don't have capacity?
    • Why do hospitals not have enough PPE. Is it because it doesn't work or we don't have enough?
    • I don't believe a word at this stage.
    • The government is holding press conference to drip drip drip info before it gets really bad here.

It's looking like there is not enough PPE for front line staff

Not interested in blame game or if you like paddy cosgrave. I'm interested in solving it immediately.

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1242493950155542528?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Has the criteria for testing changed? If so, will this mean more testing or less...

I caught a bit of it this morning, but couldn't get the full story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

I'm fine haven't been sick.The cheltenham transfer lot would only be starting. Think they are making a mistake and relying on too small a number of tests results to make decisions.

What's the alternative- make decisions on information they don't have?

That would be ridiculous.

Another drop today in cases from the outside in china.

Delighted to see that their measures have worked and hopefully the same for india 1.8 billion put into the lockdown over their. Then in america ya have a leader who is a financial man giving out medical advice that has already taking lives because of his stupidity.

But he had a good feeling about the drug.

6 million masks go missing

This is a global problem. It could easily have anticipated but we suffered a massive bout of normalcy bias when this happened in China. Could have put order in then just in case. We didn't . Move on and solve it now.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1259589/Coronavirus-Germany-latest-update-medical-masks-lost-Kenyan-airport-covid-19-news

walshb wrote: »
    Has the criteria for testing changed? If so, will this mean more testing or less...

Yes, fever plus one other symptom required.

It'll mean priority cases get tested.

New rules have been introduced for Covid-19 testing, which means patients will need to meet revised criteria to qualify in future.

Patients will have to display two major symptoms - a fever and either a cough or shortness of breath - and fall into a priority group in order to be tested.

These are close contacts of a confirmed case, healthcare staff and vulnerable groups.

All patients who have not yet been swabbed, and who do not have an appointment for a test date, will not now be tested and will be required to reengage with their GP.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0325/1126202-those-seeking-test-must-display-two-major-symptoms/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Much less. They couldnt handle the increased amount so now have to cut back again.

• Advertisement

Few questions this morning waking up to this nightmare. We are a rich country so I'm told.
    • Why do hospitals not have enough PPE. Is it because it doesn't work or we don't have enough?
    • The government is holding press conference to drip drip drip info before it gets really bad here.

Not interested in blame game or if you like paddy cosgrave. I'm interested in solving it immediately.

Ref PPE word is staff have been told to shut up and not say anything about the shortage. Holohan I wouldn't trust that man as far as I could throw him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

South Korea on the rise again, this won't be over till the vaccine is out ...

lockdown till then ...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Shelly66 wrote: »
    I don’t think all that much has changed from yesterday regarding closures. Libraries and most gym already closed as where local hairdressers nail bars etc . So now we can all go to Woodies / hardwares etc as they are open !! Should only be open for tradesmen in mornings and if they make queue long enough will discourage ppl.

Local construction site no distancing and they sit on local park bench together for lunch , !!

Really don’t think much changed with regards distancing ppl

Nothing will change. My boss told us all yesterday we are classed as essential workers so asked everyone to come in. All 50 of us into the office today doing non essential admin work. All with social distancing but still we are all due in.

Ref PPE word is staff have been told to shut up and not say anything about the shortage. Holohan I wouldn't trust that man as far as I could throw him

Source for that claim?

There are a lot of vested interests in US who will no fall in behind the Donalds change of tack. I'd take every single one of them with a massive grain of salt. "The Wall Street" part of the title should give you a clue. :D

• Advertisement

Can't help you with a lot of this as you've now put your fingers firmly in your ears but please stop quoting that tool. He's as bad as the WhatsApp crap. They've run low is what Henry said but big order expected starting from Sunday they said so that's sounds pretty immediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Testing will be ramped up week on week. But they are focussing on people with symptoms with a higher likelyhood of having it ie. the fever bit.

Correct me if am wrong but i think most countries ran out of ppe thats why their is such high numbers of medical staff in italy who has the virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

6 wrote: »
    Yes, fever plus one other symptom required.

It'll mean priority cases get tested.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0325/1126202-those-seeking-test-must-display-two-major-symptoms/

Priority! It's not fvcking Ryanair.

They are making people think it's their fault for being sick.

Why don't the own it and say sorry we don't have capacity. We are working with our private sector partners to acquire / borrow equipment and expertise to process the tests.
    • How many of these machines are in the state
    • why can't we use them to process the testing backlog
    • I get the feeling the government is too afraid to use it's power. We are too used to pussyfooting around mulitnationals.
    • Give them a tax break incentive. We are good at that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8146055/Army-seizes-testing-machines-ministers-race-carry-coronavirus-checks-NHS-staff.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

South Korea on the rise again, this won't be over till the vaccine is out ...

lockdown till then ...

Lockdown for the most of 2 years?

Seriously will it feasible economically wise for the that length without either dole and pensions dropping to not even €100 a week or the health service suffering drastic shortages making the whole lockdown worthless as they won't have the supplies and equipment to carry on?

wadacrack wrote: »
    Also S Korea flat and Germany possibly there with France and Italy slowing down. Definitely more positive signs than even a week ago.

So you heard someone say that they heard someone say.........

I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Indeed, you posted in the wrong thread.

Hahaha. I had to check was this the conspiracy forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

pjohnson wrote: »
    Much less. They couldnt handle the increased amount so now have to cut back again.

So we may not know the true numbers affected for weeks?

wadacrack wrote: »

Now allows china to push on with their economy and get ahead of the states while they just begin their crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Jin luk wrote: »
    Correct me if am wrong but i think most countries ran out of ppe thats why their is such high numbers of medical staff in italy who has the virus?

Yes severe shortages there a medic in Italy reduced to wearing a plastic bag over his head. So I don't know why people would be surprised we are hitting a shortage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Did who update this policy?

Haven't seen anything from WHO revising their policy. The Indo said it was an Irish decision.

Allinall wrote: »
    So you heard someone say that they heard someone say.........

I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves.

FFS with that attitude then everything we read or hear on the news is a lie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Also S Korea flat and Germany possibly there with France and Italy slowing down.

Yea testing seems crucial. We this ramping up for us. I hope it doesn't get too bad. It would have been relatively fine compared to the rest of europe if we acted sooner however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Now allows china to push on with their economy and get ahead of the states while they just begin their crisis

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B91NwUFleUR/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

lbj666 wrote: »
    Testing will be ramped up week on week. But they are focussing on people with symptoms with a higher likelyhood of having it ie. the fever bit.

They must have to do this but they will miss some cases now.

Claire Byrne for example never had a fever and would not be tested under the new criteria.

I presume anyone with symptoms will be categorised as presumed positive?

FFS with that attitude then everything we read or hear on the news is a lie :rolleyes:

I never mentioned a lie.

It's not where you hear stuff that's important. It's who you hear it from.

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Did who update this policy?

under a change recommended by the National Public Health Emergency Team.

Do you accept that Ireland, one of the richest countries in the world by any measure, was not able to procure the necessary protective equipment for their frontline doctors and nurses and is effectively sending a proportion of them to their death in the service of their country.

I don't. Get them now.

It's like the scene in enemy at the gates were there was only one rifle for every 2 soldiers. We were horrified by that scene why are we not horrified by this? I saw the photos on twitter of a consultat training in the matter. They didn't look like the PPE in countries that were effected. Half arse job as per usual.

I'm not interested in blame. I'd like some reassurance that they are doing extraordinary things to solve it.

One out of two gets a rifle, one follows him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Does anyone know how Mick Carton is doing? He hasn't updated on his Twitter page since letting everyone know he had it and that he was hospitalised.

Haven't seen anything from WHO revising their policy. The Indo said it was an Irish decision.
    It's not a change in WHO testing policy. We've just redefined the definition by adding more criteria. I think they said they are using an updated WHO definition to do that.

Allinall wrote: »
    I never mentioned a lie.

It's not where you hear stuff that's important. It's who you hear it from.

jesus would you give over, you sound like trump.
    Here is another one from Dr Colm Henry HSE https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1241403523654397954?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They said it was WHO policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It means more testing, but also more targeted testing where the criteria for community spread is minimum of fever and at least one other symptom.

Frontline workers will be priority so if they test negative they can return to work earlier and if positive they can continue to isolate and have contact tracing to limit further spread

The criteria was too low before and the system became overwhelmed. Someone overestimated the testing capacity or underestimated the number of hypochondriacs who demanded a test because they had a headache and a sore throat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

shinny wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Mick Carton is doing? He hasn't updated on his Twitter page since letting everyone know he had it and that he was hospitalised.

Getting out today i think . I heard he was unwell for months leading up to getting it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

lbj666 wrote: »

That's not true. I know for a fact it's not a symptom that needs to be present in order to qualify for testing.

The RTE site has all the facts. I've found them excellent for reporting on this crisis.

6 wrote: »
    If we are had unlimited resources and test kits I'd say we'd test everyone. Need to prioritise.

I thought we were following the South Korean example. Funny how we are when it suits.

"The backbone of Korea’s success has been mass, indiscriminate testing"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement