Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part X - 1,564 cases ROI (9 deaths) 209 in NI (7 deaths) (25 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭paul71

fritzelly wrote: »
    Why were they even still open?

They weren't open. He is saying they are closed permanently, I am assuming it is Headfort, its the only one in Meath I know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Woah. You don't prepare something like that unless you are fairly sure you are going to need it.

London is epicenter of UK outbreak.

I am sure I am not the only one who feels desperately sad looking at this, they have even built a morgue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

paul71 wrote: »
    They weren't open. He is saying they are closed permanently, I am assuming it is Headfort, its the only one in Meath I know of.

You are right, it's Headfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

givyjoe wrote: »
    They did NOT drop.

Italian deaths today were recorded as +683 today (reported on the 25th march) and yesterday as +743. The high point was three days ago, since then the rate of growth has stagnated or fallen.

Daily new cases are also clearly stagnating or falling, as you can see in the new cases here

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭redarmy

Gardaí are conducting three criminal investigations into incidents where emergency service employees have been coughed at or spat at in the course of their work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

FVP3 wrote: »
    Italian deaths today were recorded as +683 and yesterday as +743. The high point was three days ago, since then the rate of growth has stagnated or fallen.

Daily new cases are also clearly stagnating or falling, as you can see in the new cases here

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

I and the other poster were referring to Spain. Not Italy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There is a buy opportunity - just need to know when to buy in, personality I don't think we've hit the bottom yet, but that's just an opinion.

Big investors who may have swap contracts, need cash and hence are selling anything they can - whatever is liquid is going - but those markets are tightening up even.

Spreads are increasing to levels never seen before

So for all those reasons I think the market will drop further.

Very possible. Such uncertainty. But uncertainty doesn't last forever. The Us is on course to be the most affected country on the planet. Who knows what will happen.
    Check out what Bill Ackman is up to.

https://www-bloomberg-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-23/ackman-makes-2-5-billion-recovery-bet-amid-coronavirus-tumble?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#aoh=15851802128941&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/ackman-makes-2-5-billion-recovery-bet-amid-coronavirus-tumble

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Beasty wrote: »
    XI beckons - not sure if that's indicative of something akin to Spinal Tap or the General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party....

...expect a new thread sometime tomorrow

Xi endorses the coming homage to his greatness.

7f178139023143f1adf2f9306382c827_18.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

g903zpc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Is it slowly getting to the point where we can start to say Ireland is going to be OK. Look at the growth pattern over the past week and looking at the ICU figures it looks like we will cope with this and hopefully will end up with a death rate similar to the seasonal flu.

Way to early to tell. Look at how Spain spiralled the last week. The vast majority are trying their best with physical distancing which is definetly going to help but how much is the question. We also have the full lock down card to use and although people are screaming at the government to lck down across social media, I think they are timing the measures well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBB9bA-gXL4

Am I missing something? He's not saying anything we don't already know: The high death rate is more attributed to covid pushing those with underlying conditions beyond their limit, rather than covid just by itself. Okay pollution in Italy, China, but how many people smoke 20/30 a day worldwide?
    He says the closure of large gatherings is gross. Surely if we drop all measures now the hospitals will still be full and health staff will still be working in fear, but for a prolonged period.

branie2 wrote: »
    You are right, it's Headfort.

And thats the odd thing about boarding schools, the are residences too. So closing them is not as simple as closing ordinary schools. Many of the pupils are from other countries, so there are still minors in a foriegn country who need to be cared for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

givyjoe wrote: »
    I and the other poster were referring to Spain. Not Italy.

The guy you were replying to clearly wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

froog wrote: »
    you agree with him that it's business as usual around the world? normal death rates, normal ICU admissions?

Its chaos but there will be as much death and chaos in the economic fallout of this.

redarmy wrote: »
    Gardaí are conducting three criminal investigations into incidents where emergency service employees have been coughed at or spat at in the course of their work.

I read of one teenager being arrested on Monday for coughing at a Gardai, a pair of f***wits also coughed at the minister for health on Monday. Given his medical history that could have had very serious consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Attempted manslaughter charges wouldn't go amiss and if the culprit was not infected then I'm sure they can think of or bring in to law some other charge with a proviso that a bad upbringing has no bearing on sentencing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There is a sign of slowdown in Italian new cases and a slight slowdown in deaths but before popping champagne today was the third highest death toll so far. It will be several days of more significant decline before it can be said a corner has been turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Go back and read again, re: the original post. We were not talking about Italy. Again, we the original stupid post accused the poster of scaremongering re: the alarming FACTUAL rise in deaths in Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭spookwoman

There is a sign of slowdown in Italian new cases and a slight slowdown in deaths but before popping champagne today was the third highest death toll so far. It will be several days of more significant decline before it can be said a corner has been turned.

Hospitals overloaded etc and so many dying at home don't know the true scale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

These parasites will only lap up the attention. Cretin

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1242630562285670400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

There is a shortage all over the world.

Every country is trying to get them.

Were not unique.

Only so much can be produced in a time of worldwide universal crisis.

There will be a shortage of every essential item soon.

We are unique. Our health system is not up to the same standards as other countries due to generations of not fixing it. We knew about this pandemic well in advance.

The HSE did not order enough in February of the basic PPE and Testing Equipment. The community testing regime has been abandoned as a result.

The first batch of a 28m shipment was clearly dithered about, but is now due on Friday (according to the HSE PR manager) a full month into the pandemic here.

247 healthcare staff have been infected, that's a large percentage of the medical staff to play russian roulette with. Its such an issue that they have taken to social media to get protective gear, because their employer has failed in their duties.

And please don't try and trivialise this matter, This is not an amateur debating society.

paul71 wrote: »
    I read of one teenager being arrested on Monday for coughing at a Gardai, a pair of f***wits also coughed at the minister for health on Monday. Given his medical history that could have had very serious consequences.

and this is the type of vermin that will be looking for hospital care if they are struck down with this virus.

These parasites will only lap up the attention. Cretin

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1242630562285670400

That guy actually looks like an Irish scoobie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

Whatever about the spiting, but you can't stop a cough, only block it, why are they getting so close, they can't ask us to social distance, while not doing it themselves.

fin12 wrote: »

Smells of we need more resources kinda ****e.

Some Irish media outlets have gone to ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Same people who clog up A and E must have decided to **** around with the testing facilities. 40000 people waiting to be tested. At current figures 37600 will have nothing. I'm all for lots of testing but this is just madness. I would imagine every hypochondriac in Ireland has rang up their gp with imaginary symptoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

STB. wrote: »
    We are unique. Our health system is not up to the same standards as other countries due to generations of not fixing it. We knew about this pandemic well in advance.

The HSE did not order enough in February of the basic PPE and Testing Equipment. The community testing regime has been abandoned as a result.

The first batch of a 28m shipment was clearly dithered about, but is now due on Friday (according to the HSE PR manager) a full month into the pandemic here.

247 healthcare staff have been infected, that's a large percentage of the medical staff to play russian roulette with. Its such an issue that they have taken to social media to get protective gear, because their employer has failed in their duties.

And please don't try and trivialise this matter, This is not an amateur debating society.
    I never knew you had to be a seasoned professional debater to post on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

fin12 wrote: »

That's a reflection on the parents more than the teenagers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

and this is the type of vermin that will be looking for hospital care if they are struck down with this virus.

Henna tattoo on the face Indicating that they have deliberately tried to infect an other and medical care is denied automatically, it should last about 5 weeks even with washing and decent people living in their communities will also see what skum they are, or the could stay indoors for 5 weeks either will do..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement