Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part X - 1,564 cases ROI (9 deaths) 209 in NI (7 deaths) (25 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Since I last checked in this has turned into a my balls are bigger than yours kinda thread ..an I know more than you ...you're wrong ...link/source...patronising kinda thread .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Basically he is a millionaire ..so he is used to people listening to him.

People like him while not necessarily malicious or stupid ....are prone to going down rabbit holes ..they often drag others with them.

Although he has donated 1 million to the corona crisis.

His obsessive tenacity has run away with him a little at this present time.

It doesn't mean he isn't right about some things or doesn't make some valid points though.

But he has a large audience ...because he is rich.....

He keeps saying the HSE is incompetent. Well we KNOW that ..we've known that for the past decade ..but honestly its not like we can do anything about it right now can we!??

He keeps saying he wants HSE heads and ministers to resign NOW ..NOW?? In the middle of a crisis ..RIGHT NOW??

Only alice in wonderland sees wonder and conspiracy EVERYWHERE...seeing it isn't unusual ..seeing it everywhere ..that's .unusual ..its rabbit hole territory. It tends to be something very clever people with a lot of time and too much intelligence do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Agreed, except the flight situation. Only let Irish citizens in or people with proof of permanent residence.

WHO not so long ago were saying do not lockdown, keep trade going, stay friends with China
    Rest of the world meanwhile was getting very worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You jumped in with two feet you fvckwit.

My family are frontline.

Read back through my posts you lazy spin bot.

How's Tony?

I don't believe a word you say. If your family is frontline then why would they need your warnings?

Also, a sure sign of a spoofer is when challenged that they resort to insults. I've reported your post to mods.

It's bad enough reading your posts here live, I've no interest in searching for or reading your drivel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

P1sss fcuking off. He's playing a blinder.

Try and remain calm, moderate your language too, it’s not becoming of you or your argument. A lot of the right sound bites but he’s been slow out of the traps, dreadfully... another poster just point out one issue especially for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

So it's true they are not allowed to protect themselves adequately?

why deflect?

If you knew what you where talking about you would know that staff bringing their own PPE to hospital is not allowed.
    You are claiming family members work on frontline with their own PPE?

The frontline in Tescos sure but not in our hospitals.

You are a walter mitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

My mum is a nurse in CUH and she’s wearing red scrubs this week. Before she always wore a white nursing top and black trousers.
    I questioned it and she said something about not wearing her own clothes.
    They have basic blue gloves and disposable masks.
    She isn’t dealing with any virus patients that she knows of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't believe a word you say. If your family is frontline then why would they need your warnings?

Also, a sure sign of a spoofer is when challenged that they resort to insults. I've reported your post to mods.

It's bad enough reading your posts here live, I've no interest in searching for or reading your drivel

Why have you reported me.

Dogs in the street know what's happening. You should look up comical Ali cause you look like him.

https://twitter.com/otuathail/status/1242947657888382977?s=20

They might not be allowed but the social contract is broken when it's not provided and people tend to bend rules when they are risking their lives.

Would you prefer they wore a bin bag and swimming goggles?

Grenfell residents were told to remain in situ and that the fire would not reach their apartment. They were in effect not allowed to leave.

deflection and strawmen.

Caveat Spoofer more like

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Dutch, Italians, Spanish and French rank lowest in washing hands with soap and water after using the toilet.

I wonder how much of the infection rates in countries comes down to traditional basic hygiene practices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

flynnlives wrote: »
    Im saying our country has little or no experience of mass casualty events.
    Our hospitals are by and large small and quiet.
    So im not surprised we had initially ar large amount of infected healthcare workers.

Training has since been rolled out and i expect the rates to drop dramatically.
    Incorrect, c.f.

Section 4.4.1 of the National Framework for Major Emergency Management (2006)

NATIONAL STRUCTURES FOR EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT . ... Programme for Partnership Government (2016).

That's what contingency planning is all about.

Unfortunately it need constant revision, and amendment in light of developing threats, that takes (un)allocated resource..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

am i right in saying we exported masks from the west of ireland and we now are now flying in/back masks from china. seems a bit of a roundabout way of doing things?

bekker wrote: »
    Incorrect, c.f.

NATIONAL STRUCTURES FOR EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT . ... Programme for Partnership Government (2016).

Unfortunately it need constant revision, and amendment in light of developing threats, that takes (un)allocated resource..

The only contingency planning in that is for a fund - nothing really proactive about that, will always find money when needed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

humberklog wrote: »
    The Dutch, Italians, Spanish and French rank lowest in washing hands with soap and water after using the toilet.

I wonder how much of the infection rates in countries comes down to traditional basic hygiene practices?

What about Iran?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What's the deal with Paddy Cosgrove and his obsession with the Coronaviris on Twitter?

There's something in my head about him being a bit moody about his web summit a few years ago.

They still have not fixed the broadband in the RDS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    My mum is a nurse in CUH and she’s wearing red scrubs this week. Before she always wore a white nursing top and black trousers.
    I questioned it and she said something about not wearing her own clothes.
    They have basic blue gloves and disposable masks.
    She isn’t dealing with any virus patients that she knows of.

I wonder will Irish hospital staff continue their proud tradition of wearing their uniforms outside of work? And GPs wearing ties? For virus spreading reasons, medical uniforms should always remain at work. Blindingly obvious but going on here for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why have you reported me.

Dogs in the street know what's happening. You should look up comical Ali cause you look like him.

https://twitter.com/otuathail/status/1242947657888382977?s=20

I reported you for calling me a '****wit',

Anyhow, you found a tweet, anecdotal evidence. Fantastic.

Here's a New York Times article showing how medical staff are being infected and killed around Europe.

It's not a uniquely Irlsh problem.

That's so yesterday or rather 2 days ago now

bekker wrote: »
    Incorrect, c.f.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
    Mike Tyson

We are good at writing plans in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

flynnlives wrote: »
    deflection and strawmen.

Caveat Spoofer more like

Name calling, nice one. First post on here 3 weeks ago. I reluctantly posted to try to warn.
    04-03-2020, 12:26

Really think we need to start taking it seriously. Anybody with a cursory understanding of statistics, probability and flight patterns could see cases being imported from Italy. On any given day there is on average ~10 direct flights from the affected regions in Italy. The cases we are seeking now are from last week. The number of cases in Italy has grown exponentially in the mean time. So the probability of more cases being imported has also increased and we will see more in coming days.

We are not being given a full picture for a very good reason. Panic is a bigger danger to society. That means some families will have to take the hit for the greater good. I don't want to be one of those families.

It's not the flu. Although look at the wikipedia page on 1918 Spanish flu for understanding of what happens during pandemic. If you are really arsed look at the sources referenced to dispel any thoughts that it's bull****.

In lombardy in Italy where first clusters recorded in Italy ~50% of those who tested positive ARE hospitalised. ~7% are in intensive care. They are testing like crazy. WHO said most western countries do not have the resources / training /will to mount a response like china did. We simply don't have enough mechanincal respirators to cope. Very soon Italy won't cope.

There is a lag on transmission that is lulling people in to false sense of security. There is also concerted effort to put business before health of nation.

New Home wrote: »
    What about Iran?

They go around licking religious stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They still have not fixed the broadband in the RDS?

Problem is, if they do then he might come back.

Must be a terrible burden for him to know everything and always be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That's from the 24th.

There were 683 deaths on Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Strumms wrote: »
    ... another poster just point out one issue especially for you.

Were the schools closed during your formative years too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,327 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I sincerely doubt he's used to anyone listening to him, other than those on his payroll. But that doesn't mean he doesn't THINK everyone listens to him.

If you want to know what his deal is, he's in a basket with Elon Musk, Conor McGregor, Dominic Cummings and others. I would say Trump too, but he doesn't have the high intelligence of the others and so is a different kettle of fish. But in the case of Paddy and his cohort, we're talking high functioning malignant narcissist with varying degrees of impactful sociopathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

New Home wrote: »
    What about Iran?

Islamic toilet etiquette is a thing. It's ourselves I'd worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

Agreed, except the flight situation. Only let Irish citizens in or people with proof of permanent residence.
    Flights still arriving from Rome and Geneva. If people are so unconcerned about the risks of travelling from hotspot regions, can they be trusted to self isolate unsupervised for 14 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I wonder will Irish hospital staff continue their proud tradition of wearing their uniforms outside of work? And GPs wearing ties? For virus spreading reasons, medical uniforms should always remain at work. Blindingly obvious but going on here for years.

I doubt they’d be able to clean and wash all health carers clothing in work. My mum has endless uniforms that go in the wash at home straight after work.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt he's used to anyone listening to him, .

He is extremely rich. That ALONE will make people listen to you ..expecially in the states.

AND ...
    In 2015 he was listed 18th in the Wired UK list of the most influential people in Europe in the field of technology.

Yes very powerful people listen to him. Very rich people listen to him.

And also very ordinary sheepish people listen to him....

I mean that's just the way the world is.

People listened to trump on economics and business for years!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement