Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part X - 1,564 cases ROI (9 deaths) 209 in NI (7 deaths) (25 March) *Read OP*

Options
1324325326327328330»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Relax and enjoy your time at home.
    The world will still be here.

Stay safe.

Hard to relax with the constant media hard on over how bad things are getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

And at the HSE press conference yesterday evening, they refused to give out stats on how many health care workers have been infected.

Whereas in the UK they ARE publishing those stats - which has probably led to over half a million volunteering for the "NHS Volunteers" service in little over 24 hours.

The one thing is tho I'd like to see a breakdown on what they have volunteered for job wise

Doctors, nurses and HCAs in particular have an awful amount of physical contact with patients. Hospital standard HCAs need the equivalent of 1 years classroom teaching, Porters a little more as they now have serious responsibilities over years ago

Im wondering what will happen tho, they will need to drop a serious amount of regulations and safety regs to bring in unqualified volunteers for HCA positions

At the end of the day volunteer admins and even cleaners is great but I'd wager it's the docs, nurses, HCAs and porter that will be the bulk coming down with it

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

the total cases per 1m pop , and total deaths per million ( the two columns on the right - click on them to sort them) bring up some
    interesting stats.

San Marino and the Vatican are obviously skewed because of their tiny populations, but it's interesting that places like Iceland and Luxembourg are really high in the list. Not to mention Switzerland, which seems to be getting blasted by Corona right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

You assume there is magical immunity coming.

No scientist can say that once someone has had it they are immune.

They warning against this talk actually.

if theres no immunity to it, then why all the talk a vaccine

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I say high, you say low
    You say why and I say I don't know
    Oh, no
    You say goodbye...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement