Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with delta

• 18-03-2020 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

We booked flights with delta to travel to the US on April 1st of this year but now irish are barred entry. Delta are telling us the best they can offer is change dates that must be used by 31st December 2020. Due to being off work with the virus( work in the bar trade) and not knowing when this will be over I'm not to sure if I can travel again by December 31st. I was, hoping for money back but seeing as that doesn't seem to be a option wanted even credit to be used even by the same dates next year as when booked for this year. Does anyone think I'm unreasonable? Was travelling over for wrestlemania and would be going next year instead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

We booked flights with delta to travel to the US on April 1st of this year but now irish are barred entry. Delta are telling us the best they can offer is change dates that must be used by 31st December 2020. Due to being off work with the virus( work in the bar trade) and not knowing when this will be over I'm not to sure if I can travel again by December 31st. I was, hoping for money back but seeing as that doesn't seem to be a option wanted even credit to be used even by the same dates next year as when booked for this year. Does anyone think I'm unreasonable? Was travelling over for wrestlemania and would be going next year instead.

Would your travel insurances cover you.? If you took any out.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Waiting on them to get back to me but I'm happy to take credit if it lasts the year not just a few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Most airline are giving a 12 month credit, Delta will likely change their tune. Give it a bit of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Would EU261 kick in if you turned up for the flight and we’re denied boarding?

Delta ignoring my messages now but received a email Informing me my Dublin to New York flight is now Paris to New York with no option of a refund how the hell do they expect me to get to Paris in the first place but either way it's no flights from europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

Delta ignoring my messages now but received a email Informing me my Dublin to New York flight is now Paris to New York with no option of a refund how the hell do they expect me to get to Paris in the first place but either way it's no flights from europe

have you rang there head offices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I use Delta a fair bit. I'd recommend you call them and see what they can do. The website often gives X options but the call centre can do more. Worth a shot.

Phones are just ringing off the hook. I've messaged them now via twitter including screen shots of my flight being changed to start in a different country so hopefully they get back to me. Its stressful enough without being giving the run around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I use Delta a lot and have always gotten a quick and helpful reply via FB messenger

I use Delta a lot and have always gotten a quick and helpful reply via FB messenger

Il try them there so thanks. I've never had a issue I just can't travel between now and December so either want the credit extended or a refund

• Advertisement

Just a follow up we are being refunded within ten weeks which is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

did you get through on FB messenger?

No it was via email

Advertisement