Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a 144hz 1080p monitor

Options
  • 18-03-2020 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

In the absence of anything else to spend my money / freetime on I'm in the market for a 24" or possibly 27" 1080p 144hz monitor. Looking for the best bang for my buck and avoid any turkeys out there.

I know this isn't the newest tech now so don't want to overpay, any good deals anyone has spotted? Doesn't even really need to be brand new... what ones are worth keeping an eye out on Adverts for either?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Well I pulled the trigger on an AOC 24G2U. with the £ in the toilet it came in under €200 with priority delivery to home (no PM messing).

Seems to tick all the boxes I was looking for: 144hz, Freesync, IPS.

Should be a massive improvement on what I'm using, a Samsung 22" TV/Monitor that's at least five years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I've this one, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer-nitro-vg271p-27-1920x1080-ips-144hz-1ms-freesync-hdr400-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-146-ac.html

All I needed to do was calibrate it and I swear its perfect, great monitor no bull **** works perfectly. Tho get a vesa mount for it as the stand sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ultrflat wrote: »
    I've this one, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer-nitro-vg271p-27-1920x1080-ips-144hz-1ms-freesync-hdr400-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-146-ac.html

All I needed to do was calibrate it and I swear its perfect, great monitor no bull **** works perfectly. Tho get a vesa mount for it as the stand sucks.

Yep, i've the 1440p version of that monitor, it's excellent, can't complain. V reasonably priced too!

EDIT: sorry, stupid me recommending after you've bought one! my bad! brain mush from WFH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fl3xxxo

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Well I pulled the trigger on an AOC 24G2U. with the £ in the toilet it came in under €200 with priority delivery to home (no PM messing).

Seems to tick all the boxes I was looking for: 144hz, Freesync, IPS.

Should be a massive improvement on what I'm using, a Samsung 22" TV/Monitor that's at least five years old.

Have the same as my 2nd monitor and can recommend. Should be available for around €200. Can be found for €180 from German retailers that do international shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Arrived today and I'm delighted with it. Colour reproduction and clarity is a thing of beauty and gaming performance is excellent as well. Little RX480 still cranks out 80+ on high in tons of games so the Freesync makes a great difference over the V-Sync I had to use to combat the horrific tearing on my old screen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement