Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

signostic wrote: »
    Please contact your GP before going out...

Of course - I’m trying to get in touch

EDIT - spoke with HSE and they said that I fit the criteria to be able to leave the house this Friday. Will double check with gp

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Of course - I’m trying to get in touch

EDIT - spoke with HSE and they said that I fit the criteria to be able to leave the house this Friday. Will double check with gp

Similar situation for me can you let me know what GP says

meath4sam wrote: »
    Similar situation for me can you let me know what GP says

Yep- will call first thing tomorrow again and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

If you don`t mind me asking do you live in the City area?

Yes. PUC is about a 10 minute drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Reading a lot about symptoms, and a tad confused on one issue.
    Lots of articles state fever+cough , others suggest even a cough on its own. If you have a cough and no other symptoms and feel grand could you still be infected and should you get a test? Don't want to waste people's time either.

Someone earlier in this thread referred to a temperature of between 37 and 38.4, most of which is normal no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just to get people’s thoughts; Iv felt ill for about 5 days now. Started with just being tired, fatigue and a bit weak and I still have that but on and off. Have had a slight cough for the past 3 days where it feels like I have something stuck in my throat/windpipe. Also have a slight shortness of breath at times. No fever though.

Now Iv rarely been out the last two weeks so trying to convince myself it’s not this virus but think it’s probably better to get checked. Currently in a house with 7 others but only have contact with my partner and 4 month old. Nobody else has any symptoms.
    Wrecking my head on what to do as my partner is having a tough time with the baby at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Wasn't sure where to post so apologies if this is in the wrong place. Main thread moves so fast. Been having a tightness and constant pain in my chest for few days now (can't take a deep breath) and an on/off fever and coughing a bit but not all the time. I'm 25 and otherwise healthy and been staying home but not sure about getting tested. I don't want to waste anyone's time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Wasn't sure where to post so apologies if this is in the wrong place. Main thread moves so fast. Been having a tightness and constant pain in my chest for few days now (can't take a deep breath) and an on/off fever and coughing a bit but not all the time. I'm 25 and otherwise healthy and been staying home but not sure about getting tested. I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Contact your GP ASAP. It may not be the Covid-19 virus but you need to be tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Just to get people’s thoughts; Iv felt ill for about 5 days now. Started with just being tired, fatigue and a bit weak and I still have that but on and off. Have had a slight cough for the past 3 days where it feels like I have something stuck in my throat/windpipe. Also have a slight shortness of breath at times. No fever though.

Now Iv rarely been out the last two weeks so trying to convince myself it’s not this virus but think it’s probably better to get checked. Currently in a house with 7 others but only have contact with my partner and 4 month old. Nobody else has any symptoms.
    Wrecking my head on what to do as my partner is having a tough time with the baby at the minute.

Is the cough all day or just at night? Only asking cos I have cough but really only at night which makes me think it's not related to this virus which likely gives you a cough all day. (Colds can give coughs at night due to lying down/nasal)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Notmything

I'm much the same, chest tightness and a cough which is starting to be more pronounced. No fever though. Spoke to my GP and I'm referred for a test. Could be waiting a few days however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Is the cough all day or just at night? Only asking cos I have cough but really only at night which makes me think it's not related to this virus which likely gives you a cough all day. (Colds can give coughs at night due to lying down/nasal)

It’s more me making the cough to feel like I’m clearing my throat/windpipe. It’s like something is permanently stuck there. Not sore or anything, just feels like it obstructs my airway a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yup, got tested in the stadium in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

I'd follow the advice and get tested
    In the mean time you partner and baby keep as much distance from others in house as possible.
    Having you health and taking the stress away ( have I virus or not) will be a help to your partner & baby

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Contact your GP ASAP. It may not be the Covid-19 virus but you need to be tested.

Thanks i will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Ive been feeling like im coming down with something the last couple of days, my neck glands are sore, this happens when im about to get a cold, I know the feeling well. Ive had no other symptoms beside this but im seeing conflicting information, some sources like the HSE website say its like a cold or flu but then go on to say you should only be concerned if its coronavirus if youve got shortness of breath and coughing. Theres no information on early or mild symptoms so dont know if I should call my gp or not? I don't want to ring if its nothing but I live with people who are high risk so would want to know. I have hardly left the house at all in over a week so dont know how id catch a cold or something else.

Notmything wrote: »
    I'm much the same, chest tightness and a cough which is starting to be more pronounced. No fever though. Spoke to my GP and I'm referred for a test. Could be waiting a few days however.

I had these exact symptoms a week ago along with very raw throat. Contacted GP and still waiting for Covid test since last Thursday. Symptoms were clearing up and I was happy but still cant return to work till I'm tested.
    Today symptoms back, lots of coughing and very sore throat. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I'm in Dublin and referral sent a week today still not heard anything... Anyone else waiting??

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

I’m waiting for test since last Wednesday morning. It’s a stressful time to say the least, mine started with cough and cold but no fever, this is going on for almost two weeks now, i felt grand until last Wednesday night when suddenly I could not breathe and I honestly thought i was dying I was laid on the floor gasping, It was horrific, ambulance called came after an hour, tested me with thermometer and Oximeter and said my oxygen level was perfect and said I’m not at the level to go to hospital, I said there must be a mistake but no they advised against me going in.

Since then I’ve still had the major pressure on my chest making it hard to breathe, I cannot say whether it’s anxiety or coronavirus, I think the fact I’m still here it may be anxiety as I’d be a gonner by now if it wasn’t and i have no pain in chest just pressure, my anxiety is through the roof and i know it can create psychosomatic symptoms as in shortness of breath/panic attack territory

The wait is horrible, just want to know either way, this whole thing will take years off me one way or another, such a hard time for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

I’m waiting for test since last Wednesday morning. It’s a stressful time to say the least, mine started with cough and cold but no fever, this is going on for almost two weeks now, i felt grand until last Wednesday night when suddenly I could not breathe and I honestly thought i was dying I was laid on the floor gasping, It was horrific, ambulance called came after an hour, tested me with thermometer and Oximeter and said my oxygen level was perfect and said I’m not at the level to go to hospital, I said there must be a mistake but no they advised against me going in.

Since then I’ve still had the major pressure on my chest making it hard to breathe, I cannot say whether it’s anxiety or coronavirus, I think the fact I’m still here it may be anxiety as I’d be a gonner by now if it wasn’t and i have no pain in chest just pressure, my anxiety is through the roof and i know it can create psychosomatic symptoms as in shortness of breath/panic attack territory

The wait is horrible, just want to know either way, this whole thing will take years off me one way or another, such a hard time for everyone.

I agree, if it doesn't take a toll physically it will mentally. if you're not sick waiting for a test, just being cooped up inside would drive anyone bannans

youandme13 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin and referral sent a week today still not heard anything... Anyone else waiting??

Yes me, just got a text to advise me to continue to self isolate and apologise for the delay

I feel fine and feel like I’m now wasting resources

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Waiting since Thursday. Was told to ring back GP if I don't hear anything after 5th day. Don't see what difference that would make though.

Patience is slowly running thin especially when I hear that there are people waiting longer than me.

Thank **** for television, Ps4 and smartphones. I couldn't imagine having to this 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Just received a text to apologise for the high demand and to keep checking the HsE website

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Yes me, just got a text to advise me to continue to self isolate and apologise for the delay

I feel fine and feel like I’m now wasting resources

Thank you.

I just got the exact same message

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Where abouts are you guys based if you don't mind me asking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Where abouts are you guys based if you don't mind me asking ?

Dublin myself

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Ive been feeling like im coming down with something the last couple of days, my neck glands are sore, this happens when im about to get a cold, I know the feeling well. Ive had no other symptoms beside this but im seeing conflicting information, some sources like the HSE website say its like a cold or flu but then go on to say you should only be concerned if its coronavirus if youve got shortness of breath and coughing. Theres no information on early or mild symptoms so dont know if I should call my gp or not? I don't want to ring if its nothing but I live with people who are high risk so would want to know. I have hardly left the house at all in over a week so dont know how id catch a cold or something else.

In a similar situation to you where I'm coming down with something and not feeling 100%. I can still function and work from home but I haven't left the house in a few days.

I have:

Some aches and pains
    Little bit fatigued over the past couple of days
    Odd headache (but prone to them all year round anyway)

I don't have:

A cough
    A fever
    Breathing difficulties

Any other time of year I'd just put it down to one of those things and it'll go away after a few days. But hard to know considering all that's going on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

You should purchase an oximeter. I got one off Amazon for €15. It would greatly reduce your anxiety if you could see your oxygen levels are normal.

Like many others I have a dry cough and sore throat for over a week. I also had some gastric symptoms. I know if I contact my GP I will be sent for the test but by the time I get the results I should be better. If not, I will be in hospital anyway.

I haven’t heard of the doctors routinely trying to treat with anti-virals any of the mild cases like they did in China so not sure of the point of a diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Piligrim333

I wonder who do you contact if you think you have symptoms but don't have a gp? Just moved into different part of the country, previous gp is 150+ km away

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

I got tested on Mon 16th. Still no results.

Anyone in same boat waiting? The delay is bordering on ridiculous. If I test positive and contacts have to be tested they’ll have to wait the bones of a week for a test and then another week for results - madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Holy Diver wrote: »
    I got tested on Mon 16th. Still no results.

Anyone in same boat waiting? The delay is bordering on ridiculous. If I test positive and contacts have to be tested they’ll have to wait the bones of a week for a test and then another week for results - madness.

Where are you?

A family member was tested Thursday and their results were back this evening.

Dublin based.

Advertisement