Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

PopTarts wrote: »
    Where are you?

A family member was tested Thursday and their results were back this evening.

Dublin based.

Cork county.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Hopefully you will hear something tomorrow.

Have you been self isolating? It’s crazy you’re waiting a week, sure you might have recovered by time they tell you.

All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I wonder who do you contact if you think you have symptoms but don't have a gp? Just moved into different part of the country, previous gp is 150+ km away

I wonder if that GP can arrange a test in the new area if you call them.

Hopefully you will hear something tomorrow.

Have you been self isolating? It’s crazy you’re waiting a week, sure you might have recovered by time they tell you.

All the best.

Self-isolating and working from home. Going insane!

Nearly over it I think - whatever it is I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Dublin myself

Same. Still no text. Maybe tomorrow fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Can someone recommend a decent thermometer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I wonder who do you contact if you think you have symptoms but don't have a gp? Just moved into different part of the country, previous gp is 150+ km away

You can ring any gp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I’ve high temps. Highest 38.6 to 37.4. If I don’t keep on top of paracetamol. V sore throat. Very exhausted, pains n aches poor appetite and what started as a dry cough but now on occasion there is phlegm.. to anyone else who has tested positive that had a cough, was cough with it without phlegm please?

I’m hoping I just have normal chest infection and not covid... any word from anyone who tested positive with or without phlegm is welcome :)

sterz wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a decent thermometer?

Have always used braun ear thermometer. The one I have is over 12years (not22) old and still going strong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Where are you?

A family member was tested Thursday and their results were back this evening.

Dublin based.

yea or nay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

Lisha wrote: »
    I’ve high temps. Highest 38.6 to 37.4. If I don’t keep on top of paracetamol. V sore throat. Very exhausted, pains n aches poor appetite and what started as a dry cough but now on occasion there is phlegm.. to anyone else who has tested positive that had a cough, was cough with it without phlegm please?

I’m hoping I just have normal chest infection and not covid... any word from anyone who tested positive with or without phlegm is welcome :)

I just watched a video on Twitter that claims about a third of people have a cough with phlegm don’t know how accurate that is though!
    Link here
    https://twitter.com/techinsider/status/1240392196014178306?s=21

Thanks wat24..... I’ll keep hoping I don’t have it so...

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

EDit wrote: »
    In Westmeath here. My wife has been waiting since Monday, March 16. Apart from cough, all her other symptoms are gone and she feels almost back to normal.

Wife got the apology text earlier... looks like a few more days of waiting. Bit pointless now TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Have always used braun ear thermometer. The one I have is over 12years (not22) old and still going strong...

Thanks. Checked Boots online there and seem to be all out of stock, which isn't a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Just received a text to apologise for the high demand and to keep checking the HsE website

Got this too this evening. Glad they came up with something because not hearing anything after 7 days would make you wonder if some admin error happened along the way and you were missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Holy Diver wrote: »
    I got tested on Mon 16th. Still no results.

Anyone in same boat waiting? The delay is bordering on ridiculous. If I test positive and contacts have to be tested they’ll have to wait the bones of a week for a test and then another week for results - madness.

Hiya, I got tested Monday 16th too and am still waiting on results. Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

ja1986 wrote: »
    Hiya, I got tested Monday 16th too and am still waiting on results. Cork City

Have you tried to contact anyone? Seems quite a long time.

2 people I know got tested in Waterford Friday and both got their results today, one positive, one negative. I was tested Saturday so I'm assuming and hoping I will have my results tomorrow.

michellie wrote: »
    Have you tried to contact anyone? Seems quite a long time.

2 people I know got tested in Waterford Friday and both got their results today, one positive, one negative. I was tested Saturday so I'm assuming and hoping I will have my results tomorrow.

Contacted both my doctor and hse and was told to wait for a text. Got that apology text earlier about the long wait for testing so think that was just sent to everyone. Was just told to keep isolating.

Contacted both my doctor and hse and was told to wait for a text. Got that apology text earlier about the long wait for testing so think that was just sent to everyone. Was just told to keep isolating.

I didn’t even get the apology text.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

I didn’t get one.

• Advertisement

IV a feeling I was put forward twice for a test. I rang the South doc on the Friday night and the doctor put me for a test. I rang my own doctor on Monday because my daughter has symptoms and she said she'd put us forward for a test. I ended up having a test Monday night but I'm not sure if that was the South doc or doctors referral. That apology text said sorry your waiting on your covid 19 test, it didn't say anything about results.
    I'm really hoping for a result tomorrow because there is no body I can contact to check the status. It'll will be 8 days tomorrow waiting on a result

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thanks wat24..... I’ll keep hoping I don’t have it so...

Please contact your GP it definitely could be covid

IV a feeling I was put forward twice for a test. I rang the South doc on the Friday night and the doctor put me for a test. I rang my own doctor on Monday because my daughter has symptoms and she said she'd put us forward for a test. I ended up having a test Monday night but I'm not sure if that was the South doc or doctors referral. That apology text said sorry your waiting on your covid 19 test, it didn't say anything about results.
    I'm really hoping for a result tomorrow because there is no body I can contact to check the status. It'll will be 8 days tomorrow waiting on a result

I get you.

Yes - the delay is ridiculous at this stage.

fits wrote: »
    Please contact your GP it definitely could be covid

Oh I have I’m totally self isolating and am off work for 2weeks or negative test.
    Am just curious as it could be days before I get test. I feel so rotten it could be it but I dunno where I’d have got it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

They say if you text negative you should wait 48 hours before you return to normality, whatever normality is now. Anyone know why this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

HSE just rang and told me to visit a test centre to get tested, I asked how am I going to do that without a car they advised me to use public transport. What the actual f***k? If I have the virus I am going to infect and contaminate the whole bus.

Edit: I rang my local TD and GP hopefully it gets routed to Simon Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

They say if you text negative you should wait 48 hours before you return to normality, whatever normality is now. Anyone know why this is?

Well if you felt unwell enough to get a test then you might have some other bug.

I just got a negative result. I asked when I can go back to work. Basically she said I need to be symptom free for two days. I said I still have a cough (nearly 3 weeks now). The direction is to stay at home as I have some other ailment going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I just got a negative result. I asked when I can go back to work. Basically she said I need to be symptom free for two days. I said I still have a cough (nearly 3 weeks now). The direction is to stay at home as I have some other ailment going on.

Can I ask when you got tested please?

• Advertisement

smeal wrote: »
    Can I ask when you got tested please?

Mon 16th

Advertisement