Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

I honestly now believe this isn't being done in order of referrals. A family member with no symptoms who's after returning from the Canaries was referred on Friday and tested today.

I think it depends on area..testing in my county only started yesterday afternoon so people from last monday only getting called now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

deise18 wrote: »
    I think it depends on area..testing in my county only started yesterday afternoon so people from last monday only getting called now.

Well this is Dublin in particular I'm referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

The cough for me is gone for about a week but I have other symptoms which are worse then the cough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

dccw wrote: »
    My daughter has been referred for testing, so shes on the waiting list.

The rest of the family has a subset of symptoms, cough, chest tightness, joint pain but no fever

Will they test my whole family?

Not in our case, 3 out of 4 referred and only 1 actually booked to test so far

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

dccw wrote: »
    My daughter has been referred for testing, so shes on the waiting list.

The rest of the family has a subset of symptoms, cough, chest tightness, joint pain but no fever

Will they test my whole family?

As I understand it, if your daughter is positive, they will likely test the rest of you. If she is negative, likely not. With the current delays, not much point in putting the rest of you on the list, just wait to see your daughters results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Just tested in PUC in Cork. Fairly chockers when we were there but seen about 20 minutes later than appt time which isn't bad for Ireland.
    They have ten testing bays, so it's 10 cars in at a time. Test itself takes only a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone who has a test date confirmed? Do they phone or text or both?

Assuming if I haven’t heard by 5 today I won’t be tomorrow? Or do they call alter?..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aldo1234

bennyl10 wrote: »

Assuming if I haven’t heard by 5 today I won’t be tomorrow? Or do they call alter?..

I’ve been waiting since last Tuesday, the 17th. They rang me at 6pm this evening to come for a test tomorrow. I didn’t receive a text. I’m based in South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Aldo1234 wrote: »
    I’ve been waiting since last Tuesday, the 17th. They rang me at 6pm this evening to come for a test tomorrow. I didn’t receive a text. I’m based in South Dublin.

South Dublin as well - call and then text to confirm details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

deise18 wrote: »

if your a healthcare worker you get tested within 20 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

physioman wrote:
    if your a healthcare worker you get tested within 20 hours

Not true in my area anyway, I'm a healthcare worker waiting since thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I got a phone call Saturday 3.20 for appointments for myself and my daughter at 4.20. I got 2 texts a few minutes later

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is there testing on weekends?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Is there testing on weekends?

Definitely in some areas anyway. I know people who have been tested on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,717 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have had a scratchy sore throat for about a week nothing too bad.
    But in the last few days I get a bit of pain when breathing in really deeply, especially at night.
    Think it might be time to call the doc I think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭esposito

I have been waiting to get tested since Friday 13th. I am getting fed up at this stage. Anyone else been waiting this long? My GP doesn’t appear to be able to do anything to get me tested quicker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

esposito wrote: »
    I have been waiting to get tested since Friday 13th. I am getting fed up at this stage. Anyone else been waiting this long? My GP doesn’t appear to be able to do anything to get me tested quicker.

Do you fit the new case definition?

In the press conference today they announced they were changing the criteria for testing because there's too many people wanting to be tested so as to get the more likely people tested and so that less likely people won't get tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

In the press conference today they announced they were changing the criteria for testing because there's too many people wanting to be tested so as to get the more likely people tested and so that less likely people won't get tests.

Can I ask what the new case definition is? I was just googling about half an hour ago to look for what you needed to get tested and couldn't find it.

So what's the new criteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Still waiting to be referred for a test since i first made contact with local Medical Centre here in Dublin last Wednesday morning. Rang Monday and found out Doc was trying to ring me on wrong phone number last week. Was told on Monday the doctor would ring me back that afternoon. Still waiting for his call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

New criteria for testing had 'and fever' had been or
    But if you have any symptoms act as if you have Corona isolation ect just won't be tested
    6-7% tests positive so by changing criteria they focusing more.
    Press conference was on rte news now they very informative

ax530 wrote: »
    New criteria for testing had 'and fever' had been or
    But if you have any symptoms act as if you have Corona isolation ect just won't be tested
    6-7% tests positive so by changing criteria they focusing more.
    Press conference was on rte news now they very informative

So if you have symptoms but no fever you can't be tested. Presumably your OH can go into work even if you have symptoms so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So a dry coughs aNd shortness with no fever means no test?
    What if you’re currently in the que for a test?

So a dry coughs aNd shortness with no fever means no test?
    What if you’re currently in the que for a test?

I would hope that they would be removed from the que if they don't meet the case definition however I am unsure if they would take that step of extra admin.

While I am sure that some people not meeting the new case definition (Claire Byrne for example) have covid 19 I'd also hope that testing based on a new case definition would allow people with a higher likelyhood to get through the system quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Do they check your temperate when you get tested? Surely you could just add “fever” to your list of symptoms if you really wanted to get tested? Bit ****ty but I bet it’ll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Just a couple of queries if anyone can help... How long does the virus last on surfaces? I've heard different time scales..12 hours, 3 days, 7 days.
    So if having groceries delivered, should they be disinfected (where possible) or be left untouched for a few days?

Also, in view of the new guidelines issued today, is it now still ok to go out for walks, obviously while adhering to physical distances etc
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

esposito wrote: »

Two neighbours, both with full symptoms, one with a serious underlying condition are waiting since Mon 16th, there condition is beginning to improve thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I would hope that they would be removed from the que if they don't meet the case definition however I am unsure if they would take that step of extra admin.

While I am sure that some people not meeting the new case definition (Claire Byrne for example) have covid 19 I'd also hope that testing based on a new case definition would allow people with a higher likelyhood to get through the system quicker.

How convenient.

Removed from the queue. I would hope they are not doing that.

They are prioritising those with tell tale signs because they either don't have enough kits OR adequate lab facilities to test all those samples.

I wonder which it is. Is it both ?

STB. wrote: »
    How convenient.

Removed from the queue. I would hope they are not doing that.

They are prioritising those with tell tale signs because they either don't have enough kits OR adequate lab facilities to test all those samples.

I wonder which it is. Is it both ?

Probably a bit of both.

The number of test kits is probably pitched at the lab capability.

If they can test 2,000 a day then there's no panic over the number of test kits. If they suddenly trebled their lab capability the test kits would run out faster and they would panic about test kits.

If someone with one symptom can't be referred for a test now why wouldnt you remove someone already referred from the que?

Unfortunately community testing is limited by the facilities available. There's a reason why so many countries are abandoning community testing. They don't have the capability as the numbers infected ramp up.

• Advertisement

I'm sure many people who only had one symptom when they were referred have more than that now.

Advertisement