Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I'm hugely confused, I was in contact with my father a few weeks ago, who tested positive yesterday, has had the symptoms 2 weeks now, only starting to recover, and the contact tracing didnt want information from him about me, despite my wife showing symptoms (she is now due to be tested too). He was in a number of hospitals due to another ailment so that is quite more worrying, but still.

Contact people yourselves, just to be safe.

foxatron wrote: »
    I got referred for a test Monday of last week 16th. Got a text on 23rd saying you are in a queue, sorry your waiting. Then get a text today saying test cancelled. I had a temperature and cough which are now gone so who knows if i infected anyone when symptoms were starting if I actually had it.

Daughter was the same, after about 4 days she was cancelled and the symptoms were gone so we dunno if she every had it or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

My OH is in all kinds of hell.
    He flew out of Cambodia today and into China(for a connecting flight to Moscow then another to Dublin. An insane route but literally the only way he could get home)
    They took him and two others off the plane when it landed and took their passports. Kept them in a room for hours and told them nothing. Then did medical checks on them and he’s now waiting on his flight to Moscow which is running an hour late and he’s only now got 30 minutes to make the transfer flight home.

Russia are closing all their airports today. He might get stuck in fvkin Russia.

I’m up the Fvckin wall worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

you got a negative result? do they not test for anything else at the same time?

No sorry my post was a bit misleading. I haven’t had my results yet. I’m curious what the chances are that what I’m experiencing is due to something else other than CV.

I’m not expecting my test results to be available until Monday or Tuesday next week based on the timelines...

They don’t look for anything else other than CV in the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Got an appointment call just now - for tomorrow morning for the test.

Only registered yesterday at midday.

• Advertisement

Got an appointment call just not - for tomorrow morning for the test.

This is encouraging that they have got the current test pipeline under control then

Good luck and I hope you’re feeling ok

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

fr336 wrote: »
    Do symptoms keep getting worse or stay the same throughout or can you feel better one day then be in reverse the next? My 70 year old mum with moderate underlying health conditions has had something since Tuesday - stomach bug and vomiting with shivering and infrequent cough with phlegm Tuesday didn't want to leave her bed, then improvement yesterday and big improvement today almost back to normal. Also given her age if it was Corona then even at the beginning her immune system wouldn't be coping that well would it?

For me, my symptoms came in waves and I wouldn't say I got better, then worse, but more so I had times where they seemed to alleviate slightly. I have generally found that I would feel worse in the afternoon/evenings

Interesting you are talking about it causing a recurrence of your asthma
    Pete Moss. Is asthma a common effect with Covid?

I've never been diagnosed with asthma before this but have a chest infection that has caused it now. Learning how to use an inhaler at 42.

I'm self isolating and won't be tested due to the restrictions now as I never had a temperature.

I don't think it caused my asthma to reoccur as such, but the symptoms and feeling I had with my chest and breathing reminded me of symptoms similar to a mild asthma attack

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing, take care

Has your child and partner been tested and are they positive?

No, they have not been tested. The HSE have advised they self isolate as well, which they have been, and contact GP if they exhibit any symptoms. Thankfully they have not as of yet, though I'm convinced my daughter had it initially. We're still monitoring her temperature and my partner's temperature every few hours. All good so far

Got an appointment call just not - for tomorrow morning for the test.

Can I ask what county your in? I'm 10 days waiting on a test now. Had original test cancelled and rebooked on Tuesday because I have underlying health issues. It's mad 14 days today since my symptoms started presenting so technically I can stop self isolating even though I'm still coughing and haven't had a test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Can I ask what county your in? I'm 10 days waiting on a test now. Had original test cancelled and rebooked on Tuesday because I have underlying health issues. It's mad 14 days today since my symptoms started presenting so technically I can stop self isolating even though I'm still coughing and haven't had a test.

I'm in Dublin.

I'm sorry you've been waiting so long, that must be so stressful.

I've been sick for a number of weeks but it flared up again last Tuesday (paddy's day) and I've had every indicating symptom in the time since, but worse than before. I am left with the cough only today - the throat was still present yesterday.

Wasn't going to get tested as thought it was just an ongoing thing I couldn't shift, but got a call yesterday to say I had been in close contact with someone who didn't know they'd had it (had been working along side them for a few weeks prior, up to the 12th when they definitely had it, it transpires, and I flared up on the 17th). It wasn't official contact tracing which wasn't possible for this person. But anyway, maybe that had some thing to do with it?

I have been sick for so long that I have a feeling the virus could be out of my system by now, and just left with the cough (I have some asthma so maybe that's why it's stuck around).

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

For the people who have got results back recently, what was your wait time between the test and result ?

Tested here on afternoon of Thur 19th and still no result back...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Everyone is doing their best in a very difficult situation . Cut them some slack

Its clear you misunderstood me, i clearly said i was not apportioning blame to anyone. There is no real training for a once in a lifetime global event.
    What i was referring to is the manner in which tens of thousands of people have been unceremoniously told they won't be tested. I am greatful to have been tested. I'm anxiously awaiting the results.

However, my wife was told by our GP that she is high risk & must self isolate (she has crohn's disease & isn't long finished chemotherapy). She is referred by the GP, she gets a text telling her she won't be tested. How many people out of that list would be in a similar situation i wonder? Plus, i get another text telling me i will be offered a test despite already being tested last night. Maybe it is a technological glitch, if not & I'm contacted I'll explain I've already been tested. One of the good things after this pandemic eventually passes is that hopefully we're better adapted for any future outbreaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭bren2001

GP rang this morning to say I tested positive. She was surprised the HSE had not been in contact with me nor contact tracing.

The symptoms I had were a constant headache where everything was just kind of foggy, fatigue, loss of appetite and a tight chest. Never developed a proper cough and never had a fever/temperature. It came in waves but paracetamol eased all the symptoms quite a bit. I was taking otravine to clear my airwaves so I don't know if I had a runny nose (I've general issues there).

I'm in my late 20's. Funny enough, my self isolation period is actually over according to my GP. I'm free to go to Tesco etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

bren2001 wrote: »
    GP rang this morning to say I tested positive. She was surprised the HSE had not been in contact with me nor contact tracing.

The symptoms I had were a constant headache where everything was just kind of foggy, fatigue, loss of appetite and a tight chest. Never developed a proper cough and never had a fever/temperature. It came in waves but paracetamol eased all the symptoms quite a bit. I was taking otravine to clear my airwaves so I don't know if I had a runny nose (I've general issues there).

I'm in my late 20's. Funny enough, my self isolation period is actually over according to my GP. I'm free to go to Tesco etc.

Wow when were you tested? I might call my GP and ask if my results came in. How are you feeling now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

michellie wrote: »
    Wow when were you tested? I might call my GP and ask if my results came in. How are you feeling now?

I just called my g.p

They said they have no idea what my results are. She said it would be the HSE that would contact me

Phone call if it’s a positive
    Text if it’s negative.

Wow that must have been a surprise. I hope you’re feeling ok now. When were you tested and when did your symptoms ease?

I think the message here is that the medics etc really don’t know very much about the illness at all especially at the milder end.

At the mild end people deal with it at home. It’s mainly the ones who can’t stop coughing, have a high fever and can’t breathe that present themselves looking for medical assistance.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I just called my g.p

They said they have no idea what my results are. She said it would be the HSE that would contact me

Phone call if it’s a positive
    Text if it’s negative.

I got mixed messages from the person who scheduled my test, she said they would be posted to my gp.

I think there’s a lot of confusion everywhere including within the HSE itself....

Something’s not quite right hopefully they fix the system

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

Wow that must have been a surprise. I hope you’re feeling ok now. When were you tested and when did your symptoms ease?

I think the message here is that the medics etc really don’t know very much about the illness at all especially at the milder end.

At the mild end people deal with it at home. It’s mainly the ones who can’t stop coughing, have a high fever and can’t breathe that present themselves looking for medical assistance.

According to a pevious post, they were tested last Friday.

I was also tested last Friday and still awaiting results. Spoke to GP yesterday and they didnt have any results.

I have had the same symptons for over 14 days now. Something on my chest and a bit of a cough. Hasnt got any better or worse and no other symptons. Have been taking antibiotics since last Friday, but still the same which is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I just called my GP on the off chance they got my results. They haven't got them. This waiting game is tough. We are 14 days self isolating today. Feeling much better now, the odd lingering headache, tiredness and shortness of breath is still ongoing, but not as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I received a text today telling me my test has been cancelled. Not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

Hi, I have some of these symptoms, headache, sore throat and tightness in chest, don't have what I d call a cough more of a ahem ahem every so often but not bad, I ve no temp so won t be tested, I m a healthcare worker so can't go in now for 14 days.
    Thing is my wife is also a healthcare worker and is working away, no symptoms thankfully, I am isolating but more as a family, anyone in this predicament, we ve kids so reality is I ll be minding the kids whilst she works, I ve read the self isolating in a room, away from your family but can't really do that.
    I fluctuate a bit in my thinking worrying that these symptoms are all in my head and feeling I should be in work, to yes I can't expose the public to this. Would be handy if the hse tested their employees with symptoms, at least we could get back to work if its negative.
    Good luck everyone awaiting tests and results.

Hi, I have some of these symptoms, headache, sore throat and tightness in chest, don't have what I d call a cough more of a ahem ahem every so often but not bad, I ve no temp so won t be tested, I m a healthcare worker so can't go in now for 14 days.
    Thing is my wife is also a healthcare worker and is working away, no symptoms thankfully, I am isolating but more as a family, anyone in this predicament, we ve kids so reality is I ll be minding the kids whilst she works, I ve read the self isolating in a room, away from your family but can't really do that.
    I fluctuate a bit in my thinking worrying that these symptoms are all in my head and feeling I should be in work, to yes I can't expose the public to this. Would be handy if the hse tested their employees with symptoms, at least we could get back to work if its negative.
    Good luck everyone awaiting tests and results.

There have been numerous positive cases on here with a wide range of symptoms and severity.

As a family of two healthcare workers I would call your GP and arrange a test. Maybe you had a fever once? Maybe you don’t have a thermometer but woke up in a sweat one night? I had no fever but had nights like that...

And I definitely wouldn’t be stressing about not being at work. There’s a chance you might have it so home is the best place

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The symptoms I had were a constant headache where everything was just kind of foggy, fatigue, loss of appetite and a tight chest.

Describes me for the last week, which I have put down to stress and paranoia. No temp and no cough tho..

mloc123 wrote: »
    Describes me for the last week, which I have put down to stress and paranoia. No temp and no cough tho..

I never developed a temperature nor did I develop a cough. The description I gave to the GP was when I was breathing in, it felt like there was a belt around my chest around an inch above my nipples. I could breath in fully and had no shortness of breath but I just felt restricted.

I think you should contact your GP and let them make the judgement. Mine has been fantastic.

Oddly, still no call from the HSE or contact tracing. The GP was surprised they found out before me. They only rang me because I rang last night seeking clarification on when self-isolation should end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Does anyone else query the 14day isolation for people in the same household.
    Person A has it and passes it to person B
    14 days later person B starts showing symptoms
    Person B passes it to person C
    14 days later person C starts showing symptoms
    It could potentially take at least a month for different members in the one household to get it.

Does anyone else query the 14day isolation for people in the same household.
    Person A has it and passes it to person B
    14 days later person B starts showing symptoms
    Person B passes it to person C
    14 days later person C starts showing symptoms
    It could potentially take at least a month for different members in the one household to get it.

That's the situation I'm in. I showed symptoms 15 days ago. A housemate 11(ish) days ago, his girlfriend who also lives in the same house maybe 5 days ago. Final housemate, has not developed symptoms.

My understanding is that I'm free to leave but the other 2 must wait until the 14 days period is up. It's logical that the 4th person would have to wait 23 days before stopping self isolation as the 3rd is only on day 5.

I'll ask the HSE when (if) they contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Nope, and no intentions either, unless I feel like I'm dying. No point in burdening a system that's already over stretched.

FYI - I have been good with social distancing etc., But if I feel I may have it I will quarantine myself so not to infect anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Nope, and no intentions either, unless I feel like I'm dying. No point in burdening a system that's already over stretched.

FYI - I have been good with social distancing etc., But if I feel I may have it I will quarantine myself so not to infect anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

How do these tests look like? An ambulance car pulled up outside my house about 20 minutes ago and a man got out, opened the boot, put rubber gloves on and brought a small blue box with him to one of the houses further up the park.

He's in his car now and been sitting in the drivers seat with the door open for the last 5-10 minutes ago.

Do you think a neighbour could be getting tested?

Advertisement