Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭bren2001

Colibri wrote: »
    How do these tests look like? An ambulance car pulled up outside my house about 20 minutes ago and a man got out, opened the boot, put rubber gloves on and brought a small blue box with him to one of the houses further up the park.

He's in his car now and been sitting in the drivers seat with the door open for the last 5-10 minutes ago.

Do you think a neighbour could be getting tested?

If they were getting tested, the tester would be in full PPE. So unless they had the overalls and mask. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

bren2001 wrote: »
    If they were getting tested, the tester would be in full PPE. So unless they had the overalls and mask. No.

I was thinking that alright. Could just be a call that would normally be a GP visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Family member referred yesterday, appointment tomorrow (North Dub)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Colibri wrote: »
    How do these tests look like? An ambulance car pulled up outside my house about 20 minutes ago and a man got out, opened the boot, put rubber gloves on and brought a small blue box with him to one of the houses further up the park.

He's in his car now and been sitting in the drivers seat with the door open for the last 5-10 minutes ago.

Do you think a neighbour could be getting tested?

Could be some other medical issue other than the virus. No doubt you will find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

My son is waiting 8 days for his test result, now been isolated for 15 as he was waiting about a week for the test. Literally got sent home from school and put into isolation two hours before schools shut down. Anyone any idea how long results take?

• Advertisement

Could be some other medical issue other than the virus. No doubt you will find out soon enough.

Definitely. Just kinda curious :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Referred yesterday, tested today. Daughter was tested Tuesday still waiting for results. Cork city

padr81 wrote: »
    My son is waiting 8 days for his test result, now been isolated for 15 as he was waiting about a week for the test. Literally got sent home from school and put into isolation two hours before schools shut down. Anyone any idea how long results take?

I had been waiting 7 and only found out because my GP rang me. Maybe worth calling them? My understanding of the HSE advice is that he would no longer need to self-isolate if he is symptom free for 5 days (fever free specifically).

It was an opinion I expressed to me GP last night and was told I was incorrect and need to wait on the results. Received a positive one this morning and was told I no longer need to self-isolate (it was a different doctor in the surgery mind you).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I was self isolating as I had symptoms but had no thermometer and none available online. I asked a guy from the local order of Malta if when collecting medicines for people in pharmacies if he could keep an eye out for one for me as I had contacted most in the area with no luck. Later that evening he rocked up in the ambulance with one. I passed the disinfected money for the thermometer in a disinfected bag I had put on the end of a pole to give to him. I'd say the neighbours were wondering what was going on

Update: yer man is gone now. Doubtful it was a test given the lack of PPE. Probably something like an injection that the person couldn't do themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

bren2001 wrote: »
    I had been waiting 7 and only found out because my GP rang me. Maybe worth calling them? My understanding of the HSE advice is that he would no longer need to self-isolate if he is symptom free for 5 days (fever free specifically).

It was an opinion I expressed to me GP last night and was told I was incorrect and need to wait on the results. Received a positive one this morning and was told I no longer need to self-isolate (it was a different doctor in the surgery mind you).

Thanks buddy, appreciate the advice.
    I'll try the gp but I'll keep him isolated just in case. He's still got a fierce cough but is fine besides.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Harika wrote: »
    Referred yesterday, tested today. Daughter was tested Tuesday still waiting for results. Cork city

I was test Tuesday in Cork as well and still waiting.
    Some small comfort to know I'm not the only one.
    But jayzuz - It's like waiting for the other flaming shoe to drop.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

My breathing is a little better today than it was yesterday, so that's a relief. I discovered that a person I would have been in close contact with until the 12th also started experiencing symptoms a few days later on the same day as I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 _Fluffy_

Just curious for those who got negative results did you have a number of symptoms that fit with the virus and with those who tested pos?

I’m just curious whether there’s another weird respiratory virus doing the rounds at the moment as I’ve never experienced anything like the illness I’m going through at the moment...

Thanks

Also wondering if there could be another weird respiratory virus going around...

Day 12 of self-isolation for me. Main symptom has been shortness of breath. Initially I thought I was being overly cautious but I'm not a risk taker, so was happy to isolate. But by day 6 with no improvement I contacted the HSE Helpline who instructed me to contact the doctor. He said I would be tested, but I don't meet the changed criteria. Breathing nearly back to normal, energy levels also a lot better, certainly think I am on the mend, but worried I may still be contagious by Day 15, when my self-isolation should be over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭opfleet

Will your GP still see you if you only have a mild cough, therefore not qualifying for a test?

opfleet wrote: »
    Will your GP still see you if you only have a mild cough, therefore not qualifying for a test?

If it's mild, they won't see you. It it's serious they may arrange something or refer you to the emergency services.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Referred again: Weds morning

Appointment text: Thurs afternoon

Tested: Friday afternoon

Results: 3-5 days

First symptoms (in hindsight) were Sun 15th. Isolating since Weds, 18th. Today best Ive been in the last 12 days. Would be surprised to see a positive after this long, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Hi all, waiting a week for my result. My.6 year old son who developed.a fever and sore throat yesterday is still.much the same. We got some antibiotics prescribed and delivered just in case it was a bacterial thing. At the moment the Nurofen is just about keeping his temperature down. When it wears off it goes up to 41 deg C, but with it it's more around the 38 - 39 deg C mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Akabusi wrote: »
    Hi all, waiting a week for my result. My.6 year old son who developed.a fever and sore throat yesterday is still.much the same. We got some antibiotics prescribed and delivered just in case it was a bacterial thing. At the moment the Nurofen is just about keeping his temperature down. When it wears off it goes up to 41 deg C, but with it it's more around the 38 - 39 deg C mark.

Would you also give child calpol as well as nurofen? I hope you both feel better v soon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lisha wrote: »
    Would you also give child calpol as well as nurofen? I hope you both feel better v soon

Yes . You can give both together or stagger them 2 hours apart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Got texts earlier to say no virus detected for me and my daughter. Happy that's over with, feeling almost back to normal but still wondering what the heck I had :confused:

Referal sent 16th
    Test on 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Yes . You can give both together or stagger them 2 hours apart

Thanks Yes we have been staggering them. I'm 100% recovered, my wife very worried though about the little fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Akabusi wrote: »

Thanks Yes we have been staggering them. I'm 100% recovered, my wife very worried though about the little fella.

Absolutely I can only imagine it’s horrible to see a child sick. You feel so powerless.
    Best wishes to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Started off as flu like symptoms so was self isolating at home from day 1.
    Had breathing difficulties on day 10, admitted to hospital and tested all on the same day.
    Results came back positive on day 11. Hopefully going home today (day 13) to finish the self isolation.

Better half also getting tested today. It's not over but thanks to doctors and nurses I feel well enough to give up my bed. No clue how I got it as there was no foreign travel or knowing anyone who had it.

Edit: Tested in North Dublin hospital so results came back the next day. Home now and need to further isolate for another 13 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭py

It might be useful for those who have been tested to say what areas of the country they're in to help people to guage what the wait times are in different areas. I've a family member waiting to be tested so any sign of what we've to expect in Dublin would be great.

py wrote: »
    It might be useful for those who have been tested to say what areas of the country they're in to help people to guage what the wait times are in different areas. I've a family member waiting to be tested so any sign of what we've to expect in Dublin would be great.

I was referred St Patricks Day, test on the Friday and received my results from the GP yesterday. Still no word from the HSE or contact tracing.

However, testing has been ramped down slightly so I would expect quicker turnaround times.

EDIT: I'm Dublin based, tested in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

I was referred on 18th based in Cork City.
    Got kicked off list on 25th thanks to new criteria to be met.
    Re referred on 25th, received text for test on 26th and was tested yesterday 27th march as a walk in patient ( no car) in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

The longest part was waiting in queue to be tested. Test lasted 3-4 mins in total. Given information leaflet and told sself isolate until I get results. (3-5 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Waiting now for results since 19th March. Tipperary. Afraid to be away from my phone. Ive even gone back through my phone messages in case i missed one, nothing. Still coughing and some breathlessness when walking or talking. GP says he cant treat the cough until i get the all clear. Been at home since 12th March. Last shopping done 8th March. 9 of us in the house.

Has anyone else any problems with their nose since the test. My nostil feels blocked all the time since the test.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A close relation of mine who has symptoms (over 38 temp, aches, thirst, sore throat) was just informed by midoc that he doesn't qualify for a test as he has no underlying illness

Is that the bar that now has to be met for testing??? Like, WTF!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

- Referred evening of Thursday 26th
    - got a call morning Friday 27th
    - appointment this morning Sat 28th

Went to Michael’s in Dun Laoghaire. A drive-up test centre. Only one other person there at the same time as me. Very quiet.

The nurse was fantastic and reassuring. During the nasal swab, it wouldn’t go through my right nostril so we went through the whole thing again in the other nostril. It’s not pleasant but isn’t forever and you know the nurse isn’t going to kill you so it’s not worrying.

Can’t say enough good things about the nurse who tested me. And can’t fault the set up.

She said result in 72+ hours and a text if negative and a call if positive.

I said this before but I reckon it’s been too long since I was Last exposed to my close positive contacts and got my first symptoms. So I reckon the virus will have gone if I did have it. Have been feeling much better the last 48 hours bar the cough still being present.
    tringle wrote: »
    Waiting now for results since 19th March. Tipperary. Afraid to be away from my phone. Ive even gone back through my phone messages in case i missed one, nothing. Still coughing and some breathlessness when walking or talking. GP says he cant treat the cough until i get the all clear. Been at home since 12th March. Last shopping done 8th March. 9 of us in the house.

Has anyone else any problems with their nose since the test. My nostil feels blocked all the time since the test.

It’s only been just over an hour but the very back of my nostril/top of throat connection feels odd, a bit like if you accidentally snorted water in, sensitive?

Advertisement