Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Finally got my results text message 13 days after I got tested - negative result.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Aquals wrote: »
    Finally got my results text message 13 days after I got tested - negative result.

Great news, im now on day 18 waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

Got tested last Tuesday, phone call today from occupational health to say I have a negative result. Can finally get back to work. Family member not living in my home was tested on Monday last and got a phone call today to say test was inconclusive and needs to be retested. Frustrating for them. As I mentioned before, I work frontline and the family member works in a hospital. I was told that my results would be sent somewhere else to get them back quicker but couldn't hear exactly what they said. Anyway, back to work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

tringle wrote: »

Jesus that's shocking. I was tested on 23rd and still nothin back.

Like what's the craic if that comes back positive? I was showing symptoms from like 6th March with the worst in the first 3 days. It was just a cough and chesty then for a couple weeks after. Surely I wouldn't have to self isolate again...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Jesus that's shocking. I was tested on 23rd and still nothin back.

Like what's the craic if that comes back positive? I was showing symptoms from like 6th March with the worst in the first 3 days. It was just a cough and chesty then for a couple weeks after. Surely I wouldn't have to self isolate again...

My understanding is you can go out 5 days after all symptoms have stopped.
    So if after the 14 days you still have symptoms you have to stay in isolation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Finally got my results today in a phone call- positive. Thankfully am finished isolation, after 19 days!! and completely recovered now, but a 7 day wait for test and then 12 day wait for results is ridiculous. Totally skews figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Frontline HSE Ambulance Paramedic aramedic here tested 10 days ago and no results back. Still at work treating patients as I have no symptoms...BUT lots of people dont have symptoms and can be carriers. I'm really pissed off with Ambulance Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I had a sore throat and felt pretty shítty for 2 weeks, could have been a mild dose, or something completely unrelated. My wife also had a persistent cough for a week, very dry, but again no fever and therefore no test. I guess with the number of very mild, or asymptomatic cases, its impossible to know if you have had a mild dose or just a cold or other bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Coolaboy wrote: »
    Frontline HSE Ambulance Paramedic aramedic here tested 10 days ago and no results back. Still at work treating patients as I have no symptoms...BUT lots of people dont have symptoms and can be carriers. I'm really pissed off with Ambulance Service.

Partner is also frontline and got fast tracked with 3 days waiting.
    Rest of us waiting 14, 11 and 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Coolaboy wrote: »

Frontline worker also (In a nursing home).
    Referred on 19/3, tested on 25/3 and waiting for results since then.
    I was informed that I was on the priority list for getting results however I have heard nothing since.

I fear there could be a postcode lottery in place when it comes to getting results back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭py

We're still waiting on results for a family member who would be in a medium to high risk category based off being an asthmatic and also having other past medical issues relating to respiratory system. We're a week down the line since the test occurred so hoping to find out soon.

March 27th 4pm (Friday) - Called GP with symptoms

March 30th 1pm (Monday) - Received call from HSE to schedule covid-19 test.

March 31st 1pm (Tuesday) - covid-19 test (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

deise18 wrote: »
    Finally got my results today in a phone call- positive. Thankfully am finished isolation, after 19 days!! and completely recovered now, but a 7 day wait for test and then 12 day wait for results is ridiculous. Totally skews figures.

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Day 12 here. Christ, 16 days is bad.

I'm 17 days wait today and I work in pathology in a major hospital :))))) I'm going back to work tomorrow as I haven't had any symptoms in 8 days bar headache and I'm off good Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Just got my results. Was tested 14 days after symptoms started.
    Tested negative which is good.

Just curious as to what I had as I am still having slight symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Doesn't it tell you if you have it right now, at the time of the test,? And 14 days after onset of symptoms you very likely are over it. Then you would need a blood test for anti bodies if you had it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Go to your GP and find out. No one can help you here, sorry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Harika wrote: »
    Doesn't it tell you if you have it right now, at the time of the test,? And 14 days after onset of symptoms you very likely are over it. Then you would need a blood test for anti bodies if you had it.

At 14 days after onset of symptoms the virus might still be in your system but not necessarily detectable in a nasal and throat swab. You probably won't know for sure that you did/didn't have Covid unless you get a reliable antibody test at some point. Or get infected with a confirmed case of Covid 19 at some point in the future which would tell you that you probably didn't have it in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I got a neg result too.
    I'm also curious to find out why I still have some symptoms, perhaps there is another respitory infection doing the rounds. Will be phoning my GP.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I got a neg result too.
    I'm also curious to find out why I still have some symptoms, perhaps there is another respitory infection doing the rounds. Will be phoning my GP.

Yes, still quite breathless and throat feels hot at times. I have never been sick like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

Yes, still quite breathless and throat feels hot at times. I have never been sick like this.

To be honest I’d say you had it and the test was done too late. As iguana said there’ll be an antibody test available pretty soon.

If you’re anything like me and see your own experience in the symptom reports that are out there you will be fairly sure you had it.

• Advertisement

To be honest I’d say you had it and the test was done too late. As iguana said there’ll be an antibody test available pretty soon.

If you’re anything like me and see your own experience in the symptom reports that are out there you will be fairly sure you had it.

That's my exact thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Are all the test centres drive through only, or can people who don't have a car be tested?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Are all the test centres drive through only, or can people who don't have a car be tested?

Pairc Ui Chaoimh in Cork have a side catering to people walking in to be tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,261 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tringle wrote: »

I suggest contacting your GP or HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm now 16 days waiting I called HSE today told them I'm working for essential services and my boss wants me back to work.

Took all my details said they'd try chase it up. I also explained I returned from Spain developed symptoms and I'm now approximately 24 days with symptoms and my cough is worse than ever and I feel crap.

My wife is a nurse she got tested a day later than me and she received her negative results two days ago.

I've kinda lost faith in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

tuxy wrote: »
    I believe some medical staff with no symptoms have been tested.

No issue with that. It's the gob****es that are clogging the testing I question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

If I had asthma as a child, but rarely get a cough and haven't been prescribed an inhaler in over five years would I still be deemed vulnerable? They say that asthma never fully goes away but I'm curious whether this takes into account recent medical history?

On a side note, my father is being forced to work even though he has a stent and has had serious prostate problems in the past.. Would he also come under the vulnerable category?

Good luck to all waiting tests and hope ye all get better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Tested and now 14 days waiting for results. Job won’t let me back without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Tested and now 14 days waiting for results. Job won’t let me back without them.

How do you feel now 2 weeks later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Charlie19 wrote: »
    How do you feel now 2 weeks later?
    I was over it again I got tested , I first got sick 22 days ago . I was fine until today and now I have symptoms back like fatigue and head cold. I have only left the house in past few days for a small walk around the block with the dogs . Other than that the family have been staying at home , All my shopping has been delivered for the past few weeks.

Advertisement