Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

What the fcuk were you going into work for on day 12? Did anyone tell you that you're meant to be 5 days symptom free?

Why? Self employed, own office, no contact with anyone. Hadn't spoken to anyone at that stage as symptoms were so minor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Frostybrew wrote: »
    Why? Self employed, own office, no contact with anyone. Hadn't spoken to anyone at that stage as symptoms were so minor.

Ok, you're fine... Just not happy with people carrying on thinking with it's just a cold kind of attitude and passing it on... Especially with something like this. So sorry if I came across a bit mad. Hope you're feeling better now though.

Out of interest, once a doctor sends a prescription to the chemist, how would somebody pick it up? Can you ring up the chemist, pay over phone and would they deliver to you?

My chemist was able to deliver it under this special circumstance.

Quite frankly this Covid-19 is quite a long drawn-out illness in very many, even when it has not been too serious. Initially the expert doctors had been saying you are fine two weeks after symptoms first develop. I’m 100% now, but it was quite dragged out. Also that “post-viral” pleurisy is caused by an active virus which has gone to the lungs’ lining. Mary Lou was trying to give the idea that she’s no longer infected/infectious, but this virus in fact causes a prolonged illness in the way that hepatitis can. Some may have a shorter illness but it’s not uncommon for it to drag out over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Unreg0909

Out of interest, once a doctor sends a prescription to the chemist, how would somebody pick it up? Can you ring up the chemist, pay over phone and would they deliver to you?
    m
    Yes that is what I did and my pharmacy delivered to me, amazing service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

I just got my lab test result back from my GP
    Negative

Tested on April 1st

15 days for results

• Registered Users Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

With a 15 day (inclusive) lag it's pointless testing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I can't knock the speed of my result once I finally got swabbed (healthcare worker) . Got it back this evening at 8 pm after getting swabbed at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Surely once the backlog of 30K is cleared by the German lab no one should be waiting more than a few days for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ELM327 wrote: »
    Got referred yesterday (not my request but GP's insistence) and tested this morning.
    Very very unpleasant test!! Glad it's over but now waiting for results. I think I have the normal flu but the doc insisted on sending me for a test, to be sure. I was only in for a repeat script!

I hope all good

My aunt (diabetic smoker also on aspirin) was referred by GP this morning, test tomorrow as she high risk, she thinks just normal flu infection as she don't know how she could have picked it up, GP gave her nothing, she isolating since cough and chills began, fingers crossed, she is an anxious worrier too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Morning all, so today is the day that i get my test results. Well if the HSE are to be believed. The backlog of test results were all to be done by the end of this week. So i am assuming that is today, but maybe the end of the week is Saturday, or Sunday. Or maybe days and weeks are fluid now and we dont quite know when the end of the week is.
    I have now been waiting 29days for test results, yep i said 29 DAYS. My husband is waiting 23 days so something seems to have happened with the batch where we live.
    Woke up at 5am coughing as i do every day now. i have been coughing since 22nd Feb. No, i dont smoke, i dont have any other health condition, this isnt normal for me. I spent 2 weeks quite ill unable to do anything, i couldnt even get up the stairs and was sleeping on the couch. 10 days with a temperature. Thankfully that has passed and im left with a cough, a sore throat and total exhaustion. Ive returned to work, working from home, and at lunchtime i sleep for about 40 minutes as im so tired.
    Ive phoned the HSE twice and got a simple stay at home and wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

tringle wrote: »
    Morning all, so today is the day that i get my test results. Well if the HSE are to be believed. The backlog of test results were all to be done by the end of this week. So i am assuming that is today, but maybe the end of the week is Saturday, or Sunday. Or maybe days and weeks are fluid now and we dont quite know when the end of the week is.
    I have now been waiting 29days for test results, yep i said 29 DAYS. My husband is waiting 23 days so something seems to have happened with the batch where we live.
    Woke up at 5am coughing as i do every day now. i have been coughing since 22nd Feb. No, i dont smoke, i dont have any other health condition, this isnt normal for me. I spent 2 weeks quite ill unable to do anything, i couldnt even get up the stairs and was sleeping on the couch. 10 days with a temperature. Thankfully that has passed and im left with a cough, a sore throat and total exhaustion. Ive returned to work, working from home, and at lunchtime i sleep for about 40 minutes as im so tired.
    Ive phoned the HSE twice and got a simple stay at home and wait

I waited 21 days and then called NVRL - got result within a minute, text the following day. Maybe give them a call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

got my results last week, negative, however i was waiting 12 days for the test, stupid! i definitely had it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Surely once the backlog of 30K is cleared by the German lab no one should be waiting more than a few days for results.

When should that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Result back negative yesterday, approx 36 hours after test carried out and approx 48 hours after referral.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Contacted the NVRL yesterday as I have been waiting 3 weeks for results (healthcare worker). Thankfully negative! Now to return to work! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Got a call yesterday, negative result...however this is after waiting 17 days and I was tested when better.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

La Bamba wrote: »
    Contacted the NVRL yesterday as I have been waiting 3 weeks for results (healthcare worker). Thankfully negative! Now to return to work! :-)

Where do you work ? As long as you had no temp or symptoms for 5-7 days you should have been allowed back anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Tested on 24th. No results .. Healthcare worker no symptoms etc so back at it since last week

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Where do you work ? As long as you had no temp or symptoms for 5-7 days you should have been allowed back anyway

I work in an acute hospital.I was getting mixed messages up to now however, my line manager told me I needed to stay out of work until I got results so the buck stops there really!We are fortunately in a position where we are well staffed so my caseload was covered without much issues so id imagine they erred on the side of caution, which I totally understand.Thankfully though after several frustrating weeks I will be able to return next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Notmything

Anyone experienced this? In isolation since end of march, healthcare worker, finally got tested on 14.04 and was told I would be prioritized for results.

Rang up today as I heard nothing and am supposed to return to work next week. The lab can find my referral number but no reference number for my actual test or where it might be. I'm not showing up in the system at all.

I feel fine but because I was sent for a test I cannot return to work without having gotten the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Notmything wrote: »
    Anyone experienced this? In isolation since end of march, healthcare worker, finally got tested on 14.04 and was told I would be prioritized for results.

Rang up today as I heard nothing and am supposed to return to work next week. The lab can find my referral number but no reference number for my actual test or where it might be. I'm not showing up in the system at all.

I feel fine but because I was sent for a test I cannot return to work without having gotten the results.

Do you know is your hospital processing tests in house or sending them to another Irish hospital?

Do you know is your hospital processing tests in house or sending them to another Irish hospital?

Work in a care home, was tested in a community test centre and was told my sample would go Waterford, but there is no record of it on the system according to nvpl.

Should have asked who are doing the testing in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Notmything wrote: »
    Work in a care home, was tested in a community test centre and was told my sample would go Waterford, but there is no record of it on the system according to nvpl.

Should have asked who are doing the testing in Waterford.

I believe WUH are processing tests in house. Maybe try and give them a ring. They wouldn't be able to give you a result directly but they should know if its done.

Waterford Microbiology Laboratory phone number: 051-842488 / 842489

I believe WUH are processing tests in house. Maybe try and give them a ring. They wouldn't be able to give you a result directly but they should know if its done.

Waterford Microbiology Laboratory phone number: 051-842488 / 842489

Many thanks I'll give them a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Colleague tested positive April 4th, first symptoms for me April 5, headache and temp 37.5. Temp back to normal after 2 days and headaches stopped after 5 days. Got a test on Wednesday this week and it came back negative yesterday. Was actually hoping it would be positive then I'd know I definitively had it. Assume I may have got it over 2 weeks ago and only got symptoms after a few days but still can't be certain I had it. Colleague who tested positive didn't have any bad issues, just headaches and loss of sense of smell /taste for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi just wondering if anyone has rang Waterford about their test and if they gave you any info on your test. I was tested nearly two weeks ago , I didn’t have any symptoms for about a week now but today I’m feeling like crap the same way I felt when I first got sick ,I think I’m just getting a bit worried that I didn’t originally have it and worried I’m getting it now. The symptoms I originally had was the headache, temp , sore throat and just overall feeling like crap,aches and pains. The symptoms really do vary, I have heard from others that got tested their test was negative when they were sure it would be positive and then people with very mild symptoms are positive. It’s very confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Colleague tested positive April 4th, first symptoms for me April 5, headache and temp 37.5. Temp back to normal after 2 days and headaches stopped after 5 days. Got a test on Wednesday this week and it came back negative yesterday. Was actually hoping it would be positive then I'd know I definitively had it. Assume I may have got it over 2 weeks ago and only got symptoms after a few days but still can't be certain I had it. Colleague who tested positive didn't have any bad issues, just headaches and loss of sense of smell /taste for a week.

Antibody test should be getting a lot more traction over the coming weeks. Depending on availability it would be able to definitely tell you whether you had IgG to the virus in your system.

Better sensitivity than the Pcr swab which is roughly 70% accurate

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone has rang Waterford about their test and if they gave you any info on your test. I was tested nearly two weeks ago , I didn’t have any symptoms for about a week now but today I’m feeling like crap the same way I felt when I first got sick ,I think I’m just getting a bit worried that I didn’t originally have it and worried I’m getting it now. The symptoms I originally had was the headache, temp , sore throat and just overall feeling like crap,aches and pains. The symptoms really do vary, I have heard from others that got tested their test was negative when they were sure it would be positive and then people with very mild symptoms are positive. It’s very confusing.

Literally just off the phone to them. All they could say was that it had been processed and sent out for contacting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Ok I might give them a ring now, thanks for letting me know

Advertisement