Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Just called the HSE again, got someone lovely this time. Took all my details and said she would see if someone would contact me. The gave me the number for the virus lab. Called them and got a full voicemail message with a "goodbye".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Notmything

noble00 wrote: »
    Ok I might give them a ring now, thanks for letting me know

No bother, my results are in the system, somewhere. The wait goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

tringle wrote: »
    Just called the HSE again, got someone lovely this time. Took all my details and said she would see if someone would contact me. The gave me the number for the virus lab. Called them and got a full voicemail message with a "goodbye".

Lab is closed for lunch until 2 - lines reopen until 5

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

capefear wrote: »
    does anyone know how long this is suppose to last. Have been sick since last weds, really bad at the week end with all the symptons except a cough, pains in top half of body, fever, headaches, stomach burining, light headed, havent eating anything in the last three days as it runs through me. I tight I was getting slightly better the last two days but today I feel worse again. all I want to do is sleep.

I was suppose to have a test this week but it havent heard from anyone so I assume there will be no test not that it matters.

Hi All.

Most of my sympthons are gone thankfully but for the last 7 days or so I have two symptons that I cant seem to shake. My left arm feels like its burning all the time but I dont have a fever, its like I have sun burn but I havent been sitting in the sun and on my left side of my chest I fell like im carrying a dead weight and I cant lay on that side and some times I get a sharpe pain when I breath in. Any one else getting anything like this, I dont have a doctor in Dublin so I dont know what to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Hi All.

Most of my sympthons are gone thankfully but for the last 7 days or so I have two symptons that I cant seem to shake. My left arm feels like its burning all the time but I dont have a fever, its like I have sun burn but I havent been sitting in the sun and on my left side of my chest I fell like im carrying a dead weight and I cant lay on that side and some times I get a sharpe pain when I breath in. Any one else getting anything like this, I dont have a doctor in Dublin so I dont know what to do.

If it's covid related, I think you can see any doctor. I'd be ringing them though instead of actually seeing them in case you're still contagious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi cape fear I would def try and get hold of a doctor, your probably dehydrated at this stage, your going to feel like crap and definitely lightheaded. You do need to see someone because no one knows at this stage what damage the virus can do to our body , you could try ringing caredoc after six and they will advise what to do. Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi All.

I think you should ring GP today. Just in case you have any issues after being so sick and sedentary for a period of time.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hi All.

Contact HSE live maybe?
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/hselive/

Notmything wrote: »
    No bother, my results are in the system, somewhere. The wait goes on.

Got my test results, not detected. Symptoms began mid March and tested this week. Was told if I did have it, given the delay there would probably be no sign of it in my system vat this stage but who knows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

What kind of cough do people have with this?

Yesterday and today, there must have been about three times where I felt like coughing. It's not persistent though. Don't know if I'm being paranoid.

• Advertisement

Colleague of mine has been extremly sick and off work for 6 weeks now. Coughing, tight chest, fever. He was tested and came back negative but has been to A&E at least 3 times with breathing difficulties. So if its not Covid19 what is this respiratory illness that we all seem to be getting at the same time, its not one i have seen before, at least not to this extent. I cant believe its just mass hysteria. It also seems to linger for a long time after the worst symptoms have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Colleague of mine has been extremly sick and off work for 6 weeks now. Coughing, tight chest, fever. He was tested and came back negative but has been to A&E at least 3 times with breathing difficulties. So if its not Covid19 what is this respiratory illness that we all seem to be getting at the same time, its not one i have seen before, at least not to this extent. I cant believe its just mass hysteria. It also seems to linger for a long time after the worst symptoms have gone.

I don’t think the test is reliable at all, read a few articles saying in the US they want to use CT scans instead as Covid is very recognisable on the lungs and they’re having a 97% accuracy rate with them.
    Look at the Wuhan whistleblower doctor who died, tested negative twice despite having obvious symptoms and positive on third test before he died.

I just think it’s weird that people you would definitely think had it comes back negative,I know their doing the best they can with testing but people really need to know if they had it or not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I just think it’s weird that people you would definitely think had it comes back negative,I know their doing the best they can with testing but people really need to know if they had it or not.

There will be an antibody test in the next month or two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Longing

No results. Day 22.

I have other hospital appointment for a disease I suffer with they said the will not see me until I know I'm negative. Calling GP everyday to hear have they heard. Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Longing wrote: »
    No results. Day 22.

I have other hospital appointment for a disease I suffer with they said the will not see me until I know I'm negative. Calling GP everyday to hear have they heard. Nothing.

Call the NVRL helpline on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

I see they are reporting that the backlog is now cleared. 2 people I know are waiting 24 and 25 days and still no result.

Are there many others waiting for results?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    I see they are reporting that the backlog is now cleared. 2 people I know are waiting 24 and 25 days and still no result.

Are there many others waiting for results?

Then their tests are probably processed.

Tell them to call the NVRL helpline.

Covid-19 results line 7 days a week
    Telephone: (01) 716 4401 and select Option 4

https://nvrl.ucd.ie/node/214

I’m still waiting on my results, I was tested two weeks ago , I’m hoping I’ll get them tomorrow if the backlog is really cleared

Thanks I’ll give them a ring tomorrow, I rang Waterford Friday no luck there , she just said they don’t give any info at all on test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Thanks I’ll give them a ring tomorrow, I rang Waterford Friday no luck there , she just said they don’t give any info at all on test

If you are a healthcare worker, your test would have been processed in WUH.

If you were tested in the community, your test will have either been processed in the NVRL or in Germany. Either way the NVRL should have that information.

Yeah mine definitely went to Waterford I was told when I was tested it was going to be sent there , hopefully I’ll have the results tomorrow.

Yeah mine definitely went to Waterford I was told when I was tested it was going to be sent there , hopefully I’ll have the results tomorrow.

Waterford don't have access to the results of tests. Ring the NVRL they should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Longing wrote: »
    No results. Day 22.

They claim the backlog is gone so I hope tomorrow you get a good negative result, that wait length is disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

I know two people who have got their results back within 48 hours, both not health workers so if your going on 20+ days the chances are they have got lost in the system.

I just rang the number they don’t have any results for me yet, he said the best thing to do is ring my gp and see if they have any info , I thought we weren’t suppose to ring your gp , I can’t imagine getting much info there but I’ll give it a go anyway , thanks anyway for putting up the number

• Registered Users Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Got my results in less than 24 hours last week (negative) not a healthcare worker so you shoudlnt be waiting 20+ days at this stage

Then their tests are probably processed.

Tell them to call the NVRL helpline.

Covid-19 results line 7 days a week
    Telephone: (01) 716 4401 and select Option 4

https://nvrl.ucd.ie/node/214

Called this on Friday and again just now and getting only a full mailbox, what hours are they open. Now on day 32 waiting, husband waiting 28 days so obviously an issue with our test centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Called this on Friday and again just now and getting only a full mailbox, what hours are they open. Now on day 32 waiting, husband waiting 28 days so obviously an issue with our test centre.

Don't select option 4, there is another option (not sure what number) that will put you through to someone in the centre and they should hopefully be able to provide your results!

• Advertisement

Hi when I rang it said voicemail full but if you keep ringing you will eventually get through

Advertisement