Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

McGaggs wrote: »
    Rang them, they're passing my details to 'Public Health' for a call back.

Can you send me number for hse too please. My test also somewhere else apart from nvrl. If I was a betting woman I reckon it's on the plane that went to Germany for testing on 1st may

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

I understand if you don't want to say where your local hospital is to protect your privacy. Some hospitals are providing testing for other smaller hospitals.

Letterkenny were processing samples for Mayo University hospital. I'm not sure if that's still the case.
    Sligo are processing samples for Roscommon and Portiunlca hospitals.
    The Rotunda are providing testing for The Coombe, Holles St, Temple St and Cavan Hospital.
    St Vincents are also doing a large number of tests.

If any of those is your hospital it might give you an idea where your sample went to.

I know where testing is ongoing with regards arrangements for hospitals and we actually do out own testing vut do not not staff of hospital in house. but the problem is my sample was taken at Tallaght stadium so it never reached my hospital and would be treated as a sample from tallaght stadium and not from where I work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

. If I was a betting woman I reckon it's on the plane that went to Germany for testing on 1st may

Could also be on the plane that went to Germany on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Can you send me number for hse too please. My test also somewhere else apart from nvrl. If I was a betting woman I reckon it's on the plane that went to Germany for testing on 1st may

This is the number I called:

Contact the HSELive team
    Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm
    Saturday and Sunday: 9am - 5pm

Callsave: 1850 24 1850

Email: hselive@hse.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul Reid said it be a 3 day turnaround for referral test and result

We need to get the testing and resulting better done and organised, in less time

I think everyone should be tested and antibody testing also to start

It is a disgrace that we still have long result delays and lost tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paul Reid said it be a 3 day turnaround for referral test and result

We need to get the testing and resulting better done and organised, in less time

I think everyone should be tested and antibody testing also to start

It is a disgrace that we still have long result delays and lost tests

Do you mean it is 3 days total, from speaking with GP to getting the result?

Once they take your test, is 48 hours the expected timeframe for a result or are most people experiencing delays beyond that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Rainmann wrote: »

Once they take your test, is 48 hours the expected timeframe for a result or are most people experiencing delays beyond that?

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my test. No results reviewed yet

Rainmann wrote: »

Yes
    Mr Reid said a majority of people in the general population were now waiting 3 days from the time they've been referred to getting a result. He acknowledged that wait had been much longer in the past

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0503/1136319-hse-briefing/

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

Does anyone know if they are sending continue to text/ send out the test results over the weekend?

I was referred by GP on Tuesday and did the test Wednesday morning. I was expecting today to be the day id get results but nothing yet, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭sporina

i have a Q - a mate got tested and the result said "no covid 19 detected".. does that mean he didn't have it? we imagined the result would say -ve or +ve? Wondering if it needs to be repeated? He had all the symptoms.. temp, SOB and cough.. better now though after a week in bed.. but not sure if he needs to quarantine or not.. GP didn't specify

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

sporina wrote: »
    i have a Q - a mate got tested and the result said "no covid 19 detected".. does that mean he didn't have it? we imagined the result would say -ve or +ve? Wondering if it needs to be repeated? He had all the symptoms.. temp, SOB and cough.. better now though after a week in bed.. but not sure if he needs to quarantine or not.. GP didn't specify

That's a negative result. Could be a false negative, most likely is he just had another dose

2ndcoming wrote: »
    That's a negative result. Could be a false negative, most likely is he just had another dose

"false negative"?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I was tested 18 March at Croke Park. Symptoms started the weekend before and are now gone. Still waiting on results. 11 days now. Is it worth trying my GP?

Spoke to the HSE line who said that the wait can be up to 10 days and also that those who test positive are being contacted first.

As an update on this, I received a letter confirming I was negative on Thursday, 7 weeks after I was tested...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

"false negative"?

Yes the test may not have picked up the virus

Can happen if the swabbing is not done correctly for example

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Stheno wrote: »

Can happen if the stabbing is not done correctly for example

Stabbing 😮

No wonder so many showing symptoms - not tested 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Can happen if the stabbing is not done correctly for example

Personally, I didn't get stabbed,. However. the swab up the nostril felt like she was trying to stab/poke my brain alright!

I am still suffering with fever, horrendous cough and night sweats, no appetite etc and I also have an underlying condition.

I was referred by my GP on a Thursday evening, my test was in Pairc Ui Chaoimh the following morning and the HSE rang me with a negative result the Saturday of the next weekend. So, all in all it was an extremely quick turnaround. I also had an ECG and bloods taken by nurse in my GP surgery.

However, I still am very unwell with symptoms, so it could be a false negative, another infection or maybe a secondary infection.

Hence I'm now being tested for TB :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

Are they still doing the swab up the nose thing? I thought there were other tests available now which are a lot less invasive?

I had two swabs: one back of my throat and the other up my nostril.

The nasal one is only slightly uncomfortable, that's all. Nothing to it really. All over in under a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Tested at work. Results in less than a week. Swab up nose and down throat. Neither any bother. Did think might sneeze after the nose one, but no:)

As an update on this, I received a letter confirming I was negative on Thursday, 7 weeks after I was tested...

No text or call? That is some wait

• Advertisement

It's absolutely diabolical, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tested at work. Results in less than a week. Swab up nose and down throat. Neither any bother. Did think might sneeze after the nose one, but no:)

Less than a week is crazy. If you don't get the result in 48 hours the test is causing more problems than solutions.

Less than a week is crazy. If you don't get the result in 48 hours the test is causing more problems than solutions.

What about the unfortunate poster who had to endure a wait of 7 weeks so!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Nothing. I had called after 10 or so days and told I should hear soon but to take the wait as reassurance that it was probably negative. I then just gave up waiting and stopped quarantining once the two weeks was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 IndigoStar

10 days.... still waiting, miss hugging my kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Was admitted to Beaumont Hospital for a few days for non-covid issue. Was tested last Monday morning as a precaution (all patients have to be tested). Had results back at lunch time on Monday. Negative. Yes, 3 hours from test to result.

Can happen if the swabbing is not done correctly for example

so should he have been retested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

so should he have been retested?

No. Covid not detected, is a negative result.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Tonight i shall have my 7th test, both nasal and throat, i dont find either of them invasive or uncomfortable, no symptoms at all and all tests negative. Test results are usually available within 6 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

smurfjed wrote: »
    Tonight i shall have my 7th test, both nasal and throat, i dont find either of them invasive or uncomfortable, no symptoms at all and all tests negative. Test results are usually available within 6 hours.

Are you a healthcare worker?

Advertisement