Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

smurfjed wrote: »
    Tonight i shall have my 7th test, both nasal and throat, i dont find either of them invasive or uncomfortable, no symptoms at all and all tests negative. Test results are usually available within 6 hours.

Why so much tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Company mandates that we do them weekly and nope I’m not a health worker, I work in the service industry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Company mandates that we do them weekly and nope I’m not a health worker, I work in the service industry.

And are they part of the HSE testing through the likes of Croke Park?

I’m not in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I’m not in Ireland :)

White House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Tested on 1st of this month came back negative, sore throat coming and going since before test and sore chest. Now it wasn't to bad some days Id feel fine until this morning I woke up with my throat on fire went back to bed and woke up with a temperature of 39c. Was my test result a false negative? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

stevek93 wrote: »
    Tested on 1st of this month came back negative, sore throat coming and going since before test and sore chest. Now it wasn't to bad some days Id feel fine until this morning I woke up with my throat on fire went back to bed and woke up with a temperature of 39c. Was my test result a false negative? :confused:

Not necessarily a false negative. The virus was not detected at the time you had your swab taken. You may not have been shedding enough of the virus to be detected. That's if you do have it.

If your symptoms have worsened, maybe ring your GP to be referred for a repeat test.

Not necessarily a false negative. The virus was not detected at the time you had your swab taken. You may not have been shedding enough of the virus to be detected. That's if you do have it.

If your symptoms have worsened, maybe ring your GP to be referred for a repeat test.

Ok that makes sense thanks, either I have cronavirus or influenza feels more like influenza to me but how to know as I never had cronavirus but I am saying that because there is no pain in chest and breathing is fine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Spring Celebrator

My wifes covid-19 test came back positive.
    She had a headache and a mild cough.
    Results came back in 3 days.
    What surprises me that I wont be tested since I dont have symptoms. Self isolation only and I can do daily outside exercise :eek: (which I wont do). My wife works from home and goes outside only for small walks twice a week. In all likelihood I was the one who infected her. I wear masks and gloves everytime when shopping. Possibly infected from work as this is the only place where I was exposed. I am a bit upset that Irish governemnt has not made masks mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

What surprises me that I wont be tested since I dont have symptoms. Self isolation only and I can do daily outside exercise :eek: (which I wont do). My wife works from home and goes outside only for small walks twice a week. In all likelihood I was the one who infected her. I wear masks and gloves everytime when shopping. Possibly infected from work. I am a bit upset that Irish governemnt has not made masks mandatory.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she gets well soon.

Gloves though are one of the worst ways to transmit virus though. Much better off using sanitizer regularly along with hand washing.

• Advertisement

Gloves though are one of the worst ways to transmit virus though. Much better off using sanitizer regularly along with hand washing.

Thanks, wifey is ok for now, just scared.
    Without gloves I touch my face without knowing it. Gloves can make you more mindful of not touching your face. Cant find a study tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thanks, wifey is ok for now, just scared.
    Without gloves I touch my face without knowing it. Gloves can make you more mindful of not touching your face. Cant find a study tho.

That is also true about mask

I suppose you can sanitise the gloves or double glove.

I suppose you can sanitise the gloves
    That’s what i do, the gloves in themselves are useless but as a psychological crutch, the remind me that something isn’t normal and sometimes prevent me from touching my face, so the 2nd line of defence is to sanitise these gloves. I have gallons of sanitiser around here just for that purpose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Ive hardly heard about any testing now..are all the pop up centres still going

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

What surprises me that I wont be tested since I dont have symptoms. Self isolation only and I can do daily outside exercise :eek: (which I wont do). My wife works from home and goes outside only for small walks twice a week. In all likelihood I was the one who infected her. I wear masks and gloves everytime when shopping. Possibly infected from work as this is the only place where I was exposed. I am a bit upset that Irish governemnt has not made masks mandatory.
    You're absolutely not supposed to exercise if you suspect you have the virus and not until five days after symptoms have gone.

This is why I don't go outside anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I have an appointment at Sir John rogersons quay tomorrow but the text has very little details other than place and time.
    Can anyone advise is it a drive through testing or do I need to find parking and arrive on foot?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

cintec wrote: »
    I have an appointment at Sir John rogersons quay tomorrow but the text has very little details other than place and time.
    Can anyone advise is it a drive through testing or do I need to find parking and arrive on foot?

I'm fairly sure that's a naval ship doing the testing so arrive on foot.

Theres usually on street car parking spots quite close to there

Stheno wrote: »

great thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was any contract tracing done?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭anplaya27

Yes. Frontline healthcare. 2nd May. No symptoms. Still no results. Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Stheno wrote: »

You get tested beside the ship. Park in the streets surrounding or on the Quay beside the ship. Be careful some of the streets are private and they will clamp so buy a parking ticket.

You get tested beside the ship. Park in the streets surrounding or on the Quay beside the ship. Be careful some of the streets are private and they will clamp so buy a parking ticket.

Do you know if any of the car parks are open in the area in case I can't find on street parking.

Do you know if any of the car parks are open in the area in case I can't find on street parking.

There one behind the Gibson hotel in Point Square shopping village which should be open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

https://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/locations/grand_canal_dock_grand_canal_dock_dublin_county_dublin_d02_ireland_gc7x6nc3b9g/?country=ie&arriving=202005120930&leaving=202005121730

this one is closest to the ship
    Best Car Parks Ltd
    Grand Canal
    Hibernian Road
    Dublin
    D02 CK38

I think you would find a place on the streets if you arrive with a bit of time to spare. There is parking on the street across the road from the ship if it is free, I would check there first and then drive around the side streets.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was any contract tracing done?

Yes. They asked about people I have met.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I was asked to do the test to see how many people with mild or no symptoms as part of testing in the UK. Did a swab test yesterday and it came back negative today. About 28 hours from the swab to result.

Glad on the good side of the statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

Tested yesterday at 4.30 so waiting for results. We were told they would take 24/48 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

I got my test last Tuesday and still no results back. Most I've spoken to have been waiting way over the 24-48 hours the government is touting. Ridiculous but can't say I'm surprised.

Advertisement