Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Have symptoms: feeling like fire from back of nose all the way down to lungs; dry cough; headaches; body aches; and slight fever.

GP won't refer me for test as he's prioritising older people and people who can't get out of bed (I've been wfh to keep my mind off the symptoms, which although uncomfortable I can walk around with).

I can understand his sentiment, given the limited number of tests. The family (OH had similar symptoms but now appears over the hump) will self-isolate for 2 weeks.
    That rte radio presenter/ doctor described the same back of throat to lungs burning sensation, and the rest (bar body aches, I think).

Stay well. Definitely follow the HSE self isolation guidelines, but I suggest if the breathing worsens, demand access to a respirator.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

My request for a test was put in on Monday. Still waiting for a test here on Friday.

For people who have already been tested, do they text you to tell you where and when to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭bren2001

Aquals wrote: »
    My request for a test was put in on Monday. Still waiting for a test here on Friday.

For people who have already been tested, do they text you to tell you where and when to go?

Request put in on Tuesday for myself. Got a call this morning from the HSE to arrange a time this afternoon. I'm Dublin based and was assigned to Croke Park. Once a time was agreed I got a text immediately with the details (I was still on the phone to the HSE).

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Got my result this morning. Was tested on Saturday. Negative thank God. Was just a bad flu!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭bren2001

Got my result this morning. Was tested on Saturday. Negative thank God. Was just a bad flu!

Do you get a text?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Funky_Corsa

I'm unsure whether to ring the doctor. I'm recently back from Spain, and have been self-isolating for the last 4 days.

In general, I'm not too bad and I'm working away from home. For the last 2 days, I've had a shortness of breath and fatigue, and I had a small issue with temperature fluctuating 2 days ago; but that is now gone. I don't want to be putting extra pressure on the system, as I can handle the symptoms, and I've nobody here in a high-risk category. But at the same time, if I have it, I'd like to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I'm unsure whether to ring the doctor. I'm recently back from Spain, and have been self-isolating for the last 4 days.

In general, I'm not too bad and I'm working away from home. For the last 2 days, I've had a shortness of breath and fatigue, and I had a small issue with temperature fluctuating 2 days ago; but that is now gone. I don't want to be putting extra pressure on the system, as I can handle the symptoms, and I've nobody here in a high-risk category. But at the same time, if I have it, I'd like to know.

Absolutely do ring your GP. Even if you`re not showing bad symptoms you could still be carrying the virus.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Do you get a text?
    No.
    Call from the GP

I think it's important you get tested so that you know but also so that the statistics are correct as to how many carriers/cases there are in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

GP has sent me for a test.

Coughing last four days, headaches, nausea, burning eyes. Just feels like a mild cold for me but much more worried about passing it on.

• Advertisement

Glad to read that. Were you advised that you should contact your GP to let him/her know? Are you going to go back to normal activities straight away? The virus outbreak is going to massively worsen so be very cautious.

Still haven`t been tested. I rang my GP again this morning and was given a HSE contact number. I rang that no. and was advised that it could be next Sun/Mon before I will be tested. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

I usually like to prove people wrong but not in this case, I have tested positive and not one time did my fever reach 38... 37.7 was the closest.

If you don't feel right please get tested and stay safe everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

I'm in a similar position. For me, on-off chest tightness and very mild coughing, shortness of breath, nothing else. I just telephoned my GP and was called back about 15 minutes later. The GP had my medical history on-screen, he pointed out that I had asthma inhalers in the past. He suggested that that puts me in a higher risk category and should be tested. A family member has to go pick up new inhalers for me to keep me stocked. About 1 week to get a test he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i sneezed twice this morning :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Topdolla wrote: »
    I usually like to prove people wrong but not in this case, I have tested positive and not one time did my fever reach 38... 37.7 was the closest.

I am showing symptoms a week, feeling much better today but I'm still waiting for my test.

Topdolla did you find symptoms came and went throughout the day? My temperature ranged from 37.7 to 38.2. My daughter is 11 and waiting on testing too. She had a 39 temp last weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Topdolla wrote: »

You should do a AMA. My thoughts are with you buddy. Get well soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Still haven`t been tested. I rang my GP again this morning and was given a HSE contact number. I rang that no. and was advised that it could be next Sun/Mon before I will be tested. Crazy stuff.

When were you put on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Sounds like you're in Cork, like me. I've been waiting five days for a test. It sounds like people in the Dublin area are getting tests quicker than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Aquals wrote: »
    Sounds like you're in Cork, like me. I've been waiting five days for a test. It sounds like people in the Dublin area are getting tests quicker than us.

I'm in Dublin and was put on the list for testing Monday evening...

Still waiting on a word about the test!

Anyone else in the same boat??

• Advertisement

I had contact with a person on Monday last week. It was confirmed to me on tues this week that the person tested positive after leaving work early on the previous Thursday with symptoms. I rang gp on Wednesday due to closed Tuesday and put on list for test. I have zero symptoms. It will be 14 days before I even get a test at this rate.

I think the doctor puts priority on the form submitted to HSE can someone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭crisco10

Doc put me and wife on list on Monday, and I just rang them to follow up there. Apparently people from Friday are still waiting on tests. I'm in Dublin, so think the delays are everywhere.

I'm virtually symptom free at this stage but wife has a persistent cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Does anyone know what the procedure is after your GP puts you on the list to be tested. It's been 2 days for me and I haven't heard anything. Maybe I'm meant to turn up at the testing center without being called? Or do you get a letter or phone call or what? Can't get though to my GP to ask as phone is constantly engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

AllForIt wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the procedure is after your GP puts you on the list to be tested. It's been 2 days for me and I haven't heard anything. Maybe I'm meant to turn up at the testing center without being called? Or do you get a letter or phone call or what? Can't get though to my GP to ask as phone is constantly engaged.

You can't just turn up as you don't know which centre. You get either a call or text..

Im on list since Monday and rang HSE live just there and she did say there's a big back log in testing but to keep phone on you as some people are getting calls/texts for same day sometimes. But she was unable to give definite answer to when I'd be called

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SR1990

youandme13 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin and was put on the list for testing Monday evening...

Still waiting on a word about the test!

Anyone else in the same boat??

I am. Was put on the list just after 8 Monday morning, no word from the HSE yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got a laser shined on my forehead in work this morning, temperature is normal at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Kalimah

My daughter got a call from the HSE on St Patrick's Day saying she'd had contact with a diagnosed Covid 19 patient, and was told she'd be contacted to organise a test. No word from anyone since, so she rang the HSE this morning and was told the GP would have to order the test. So that's three days wasted and impossible to get through to the GP. She had a slight temperature last Sunday for an hour or two but nothing else. In the meantime she is self isolating which is no joke in a house with 4 others.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

Hi guys, what's the procedure for the family of someone in isolation awaiting test? It is a family member living in a granny flat attached to our home so we have had minimal contact.

None of us are symptomatic, will we only be tested if family member is positive? Should we all be self isolating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

youandme13 wrote: »
    You can't just turn up as you don't know which centre. You get either a call or text..

Im on list since Monday and rang HSE live just there and she did say there's a big back log in testing but to keep phone on you as some people are getting calls/texts for same day sometimes. But she was unable to give definite answer to when I'd be called

Ah, well a text or calls makes sense, letters of appointment would seem impractical for this.

Thanks, if one other person could confirm this is the way it works I'll rest easy for now.

Advertisement