Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭micks_address

Average is 1.2 days

Once Dr refers you for a test how long before contact from test center?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

Once Dr refers you for a test how long before contact from test center?

I rang my doctor last Monday afternoon and she put me down for an test. Got a text from HSE within the hour for a test on Tuesday lunchtime.
    Had the results (negative) on Thursday around 11am.
    I was put down as high priority due to a family member being high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

I have been tested 3 times ... average waiting time has come down significantly ... last test was Friday, result in by text on Sunday

melonstar wrote: »
    I rang my doctor last Monday afternoon and she put me down for an test. Got a text from HSE within the hour for a test on Tuesday lunchtime.
    Had the results (negative) on Thursday around 11am.
    I was put down as high priority due to a family member being high risk.

Thanks daughter has been referred due to unexplained high temperature. No other symptoms. Where would test center for north county Dublin be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

weisses wrote: »
    I have been tested 3 times ... average waiting time has come down significantly ... last test was Friday, result in by text on Sunday

why would you need to be tested 3 times do you mind me asking?

Do you work in Healthcare or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thanks daughter has been referred due to unexplained high temperature. No other symptoms. Where would test center for north county Dublin be?
    From this link
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/how-to-get-tested.html
    You will get a text message with the time and location of your test. The text will include a reference number. You will need to bring this to your appointment.

is_that_so wrote: »

Thanks I suspect she not a priority so might be tomorrow before contact. We isolating anyway. Thankfully she not very sick

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Holly004

Have a test today at the Aviva. Which road do I access it at?
    Thanks.

Just wondering which road you enter? My friend missed her appointment today as she couldn’t find the entrance. She’s got another appointment tomorrow and she’s terrified the same thing will happen again.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just got the results of my 17th test, all negative :)

I guess that I have a big nose as they don’t affect me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Thanks I suspect she not a priority so might be tomorrow before contact. We isolating anyway. Thankfully she not very sick

Do you mind me asking how long you were waiting in the end? My son was referred yesterday around lunchtime by GP. We were told we'd be contacted with appointment time within a couple of hours. We still haven't heard anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Cork29 wrote: »
    After test how long it take to get results now?

Test was Monday lunchtime; results by 8am Wednesday morning.
    So within a 48hour window for results

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cork29 wrote: »
    After test how long it take to get results now?

Average time is just over a day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

smurfjed wrote: »
    Just got the results of my 17th test, all negative :)

I guess that I have a big nose as they don’t affect me at all.

17 tests?

Are all the tests for work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭CPTM

Not sure if this is the place for this. The wife has been experiencing 4 of the symptoms of coronavirus since yesterday. We can't get through to the GP (the phone line has been engaged all morning).

Is there something else we should be doing in this instance? We have health insurance ( myself with vhi and herself with Laya). Can the online docs from their online platform refer us to be tested? Currently the symptoms would be noted as mild. Cough, headache, no taste, sudden onset of fatigue this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

CPTM wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the place for this. The wife has been experiencing 4 of the symptoms of coronavirus since yesterday. We can't get through to the GP (the phone line has been engaged all morning).

Is there something else we should be doing in this instance? We have health insurance ( myself with vhi and herself with Laya). Can the online docs from their online platform refer us to be tested? Currently the symptoms would be noted as mild. Cough, headache, no taste, sudden onset of fatigue this morning.

Online docs should be able to help you.

CPTM wrote: »

If you can’t get through to your GP you can call an out of hours service
    https://www2.hse.ie/services/find-a-gp-out-of-hours/

Are the labs examining the tests over the weekends too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

why would you need to be tested 3 times do you mind me asking?

Do you work in Healthcare or something like that?

I have had 3 as well - another one tomorrow. All nursing home staff are being tested weekly for 4 weeks - although that may go on for a bit longer. And, all 178 of our tests have come back negative 3 weeks in a row :D

Are the labs examining the tests over the weekends too.

Labs run 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

My OH rang GP this morning at 1030 doctor rang back at 3pm test scheduled for 2pm Wednesday results probably Friday. I rang my GP about 3 weeks ago for a test GP called back 20 minutes later then contacted by HSE about an hour later to come in for a test in 2 hours. Seems we are going backwards again...

• Advertisement

stevek93 wrote: »
    My OH rang GP this morning at 1030 doctor rang back at 3pm test scheduled for 2pm Wednesday results probably Friday. I rang my GP about 3 weeks ago for a test GP called back 20 minutes later then contacted by HSE about an hour later to come in for a test in 2 hours. Seems we are going backwards again...
    To be fair most testing centres are now closed due to lack of demand so assigning times takes a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

To be fair most testing centres are now closed due to lack of demand so assigning times takes a while

Didn’t know they closed up that was silly.

stevek93 wrote: »
    Didn’t know they closed up that was silly.
    There's no demand so no need for them to be open to be fair, wasting taxpayers money otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

There's no demand so no need for them to be open to be fair, wasting taxpayers money otherwise

Wasting taxpayers money gets bandied around a bit.

I think that having standby capactiy for a second wave, which was always prophesized as coming down the tracks, and being able to deal with it quickly and effectively, isn't a waste of taxpayers money.

Wasting taxpayers money gets bandied around a bit.

I think that having standby capactiy for a second wave, which was always prophesized as coming down the tracks, and being able to deal with it quickly and effectively, isn't a waste of taxpayers money.

Standby capacity doesn’t mean they’re open, they’re closed as I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Test was Monday lunchtime; results by 8am Wednesday morning.
    So within a 48hour window for results

How are they sending results at 8am? Are they working early mornings etc? Assume text is sent by computer system automatically after your results were entered?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

seefin wrote: »
    How are they sending results at 8am? Are they working early mornings etc? Assume text is sent by computer system automatically after your results were entered?

The labs are 24/7 afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Stheno wrote: »
    The labs are 24/7 afaik

Interesting..hadnt realised that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

• Advertisement
Advertisement