Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

the corpo wrote: »

I really hope those 1,300 people isolated for 14days if they refused a test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

I really hope those 1,300 people isolated for 14days if they refused a test

They don't exactly sound like stalwart members of society though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

17 tests?

Are all the tests for work?

18 tests as of yesterday, mandated by employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Parkender

Had a test yesterday lunchtime. Hopefully will get text (and not phone call) today or early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

Anyone know if someone at work tests positive will work inform you or is it left to hse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Continuing the Nursing Home Testing until next week. Note to self: 9am is NOT the ideal time to have a stick stuck down your tonsils :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Soilse wrote: »
    Anyone know if someone at work tests positive will work inform you or is it left to hse

It's up to your employee to ensure the safety of their staff, so if the workplace is compromised then they need to address that.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

GooglePlus wrote: »
    It's up to your employee to ensure the safety of their staff, so if the workplace is compromised then they need to address that.

Yes but will you be informed that you have been potentially exposed to a positive emplyeee by the employer. Not looking for names and as many are working a mix of wfh and office hours it would be difficult to identify a person as its large enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Soilse wrote: »
    Yes but will you be informed that you have been potentially exposed to a positive emplyeee by the employer. Not looking for names and as many are working a mix of wfh and office hours it would be difficult to identify a person as its large enough

If the person positive identifies you as a contact or the mobile app picks you up then the HSE will contact you

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

My husband was tested on Monday evening and still awaiting result. They said 48 hours but obviously he's well past that now. Anyone know what's the current turnaround time in reality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Was tested yesterday at lunchtime, was told to expect results today or tomorrow. Sore throat only symptom, rang doctor and she referred me as a precaution.

Edit: Does anyone know if there is a certain time where they stop sending texts? I.e. if I don't get one by 5pm should I assume I won't hear anything today?

shoppergal wrote: »
    My husband was tested on Monday evening and still awaiting result. They said 48 hours but obviously he's well past that now. Anyone know what's the current turnaround time in reality?

Tell him to ring his doctor, sometimes the results are sent back to them if they ordered the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

5 test tomorrow. For work and all clear. Used to them by now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

shoppergal wrote:
    It should be <48hours.

A colleague of mine (Health care worker) was swabbed Monday afternoon and could see her result for herself by Tuesday morning but she only got her text Wednesday afternoon.

Your husbands test is probably complete but hasn't been texted/phoned yet. Ring your GP tomorrow to see if they can look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Thanks all. He still didn't hear anything from HSE but his GP rang him to advise it was negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Our Admin was tested Monday evening and got the all clear on Tuesday evening via a phone call. Very efficient. Back to work Wednesday morning.

Got my test result back at 10:00 this morning, negative thankfully. Less than two days from being tested to getting results, not bad!

Queried wrote: »
    Was tested yesterday at lunchtime, was told to expect results today or tomorrow. Sore throat only symptom, rang doctor and she referred me as a precaution.

Edit: Does anyone know if there is a certain time where they stop sending texts? I.e. if I don't get one by 5pm should I assume I won't hear anything today?

Labs are operating 24/7. My partner received his text around 8am
    Hope your test comes back negative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Tested Thursday evening at 6.30 in Croke Park.
    Results just now via text - Negative thankfully.
    Good turnaround time to be honest.

Labs are operating 24/7. My partner received his text around 8am
    Hope your test comes back negative

Thanks so much, it came back negative thank God. Hope your partner's did too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Due for surgery in August and will have to have a covid test in the Beacon for the princely sum of €250. Is it awful? And they say it includes antibody testing. Does that mean they’ll likely do bloods too? Or what does the antibody test consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Due for surgery on 11th August and will have to have a covid test in the Beacon for the princely sum of €250. Is it awful? And they say it includes antibody testing. Does that mean they’ll likely do bloods too? Or what does the antibody test consist of?

Antibody test is just a blood test. Swabbing is not as bad as people make it out. It's uncomfortable but not painful by any stretch of the imagination :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Miike wrote: »
    Antibody test is just a blood test. Swabbing is not as bad as people make it out. It's uncomfortable but not painful by any stretch of the imagination :)

I suspected that. Grand so. Ill be rang this week with more info apparently

Queried wrote: »
    Thanks so much, it came back negative thank God. Hope your partner's did too.

It did thankfully! Glad you got the all clear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Quick question, I suffer from sinus issues and and for what ever reason it sometimes develops into a sore throat anyway I know what it is and I know what meds I need from GP , went over to GP in may with usual symptoms and none of the Other Covid symptoms but GP insisted I get tested and luckily I got results back fairly quick and like I taught it was negative.
    Got another dose end of June I didn’t go to GP because like before he was insisting I get tested and this week I need to see him again and know he will send me agin when I go over ..
    Anyone experience this with a GP like will I have to get tested nearly ever time I see GP for something that’s not connected to Covid ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

harr wrote: »
    Quick question, I suffer from sinus issues and and for what ever reason it sometimes develops into a sore throat anyway I know what it is and I know what meds I need from GP , went over to GP in may with usual symptoms and none of the Other Covid symptoms but GP insisted I get tested and luckily I got results back fairly quick and like I taught it was negative.
    Got another dose end of June I didn’t go to GP because like before he was insisting I get tested and this week I need to see him again and know he will send me agin when I go over ..
    Anyone experience this with a GP like will I have to get tested nearly ever time I see GP for something that’s not connected to Covid ..

Sore throat is a COVID symptom so you should be tested. It’s about protecting others so I would keep getting tested if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

harr wrote: »
    A GP can advise. They cannot insist. It's up to the patient what course of action they want to take.
    If a GP is rude or doesn't listen, take your business elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Had to bring 2yo son for a test today. He's had high temps since yesterday. GP wouldnt see him, just sent him straight for test. High temps are a fairly regular occurrence for him, usually from teething or just the regular bugs kids that age pick up in creche. He didn't like the swabs at all but got over it quickly. Hopefully results are back soon as we have a staycation planned for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Autumn / Winter will be nightmare for testing small kids. My 3 year old gets loads of temperatures when in play school. They all do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutt Love

Family member waiting on test results. Tested yesterday at 10am and lives with a healthcare worker. Still no word on results.

Does anyone know when they might hear back? Does it take longer on weekends?

Advertisement