Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Mutt Love wrote: »
    Family member waiting on test results. Tested yesterday at 10am and lives with a healthcare worker. Still no word on results.

Does anyone know when they might hear back? Does it take longer on weekends?

Average time is just over 24hrs with 48hrs usually the max, testing is 24/7 so no not really

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutt Love

Average time is just over 24hrs with 48hrs usually the max, testing is 24/7 so no not really

Thanks a mil! I presume the text is sent automatically once results are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Had to bring 2yo son for a test today. He's had high temps since yesterday. GP wouldnt see him, just sent him straight for test. High temps are a fairly regular occurrence for him, usually from teething or just the regular bugs kids that age pick up in creche. He didn't like the swabs at all but got over it quickly. Hopefully results are back soon as we have a staycation planned for next week

Got negative result back in about 26 hours, happy with that. Tested around 4.30pm yesterday, result at 7pm this evening.

Mutt Love wrote: »
    Thanks a mil! I presume the text is sent automatically once results are in?
    Call for positive, text for negative yes

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Got negative result back in about 26 hours, happy with that. Tested around 4.30pm yesterday, result at 7pm this evening.

Glad he’s ok I wish that there was a less invasive test for smallies! Hope you enjoy your staycation next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Does anyone know the current wait time to get a test? We were told we will hear today but that its "very busy"

• Registered Users Posts: 5 taegukgi

i was tested after my wife(Nurse) test result was positive.I was hundred percent sure my result would be positive.Therefore we did not separate our rooms(we have only one room) or anything while my wife was under quarantine at home.anyway i was working from home.so I was not dangerous for anyone instead of myself. we ate,slept together during quarantine.
    but 2 days after I learn from my GP that my test result was negative.I was shock ,how it would be possible.I could not be happy as I knew my wife has still corona in the mean time.

But interestingly if they would not test my wife at her work(Nursing home) we would not know even if she has corona.she would just work 6 days in a week 12 hours in a day,while all other stuff was giving excuses to not show up at work.but during quarantine she started to show mild symptom. and psychologically we were both ****ed up during this 2 weeks under quarantine.still i was keeping work from home while she was lying on the sofa.
    Guess what!
    as soon as our quarantine ended, she returned to work . and nobody did not test her again for a while. and people was dying in that Nursing home.Thanks to god all is good now..
    She ll have her 2 weeks holidays next week and unfortunately we cant go anywhere. The most attractive tourist destination in Ireland is a fire for our pockets.No place even to book in some places.
    BTW I informed my employer that i am under risk because of my wife.But still they requested from me to return to work from office with other dozens of people.Thanks to god I am not using community transportation.so I ll not be a danger for people who is commuting.
    But my colleagues who knew my situation is still afraid of me because they know that my wife is a nurse and we had history with corona . and for them I am live bomb anytime who can bring corona into office.
    by the way There is no one working in my office from management or HR team who told me to return work to office.

this is my story ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Are they still sending people out to houses for testing, or are you supposed to make your way to a testing centre?

Are they still sending people out to houses for testing, or are you supposed to make your way to a testing centre?
    As far as I know (in Cork anyway) some counties send out the ambulance service

Thank you. I himmed and hawwed like a gob****e and now it's out of hours so I can't get a test organised. Will figure it out tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Hope you get on okay jill_valentine. What I did was I called my gp and they referred me. I was lucky to get a test the same day and got results within 48 hours. The test wasn't bad at all and it was a relief to get the peace of mind when I got the negative result. Hope you're feeling okay and best of luck. If you begin to feel very unwell in the meantime maybe get in touch with doc on call if that is an option.

Thank you, much appreciated. Still waiting on my GP to call me back.

I looked at this thread when I was wondering about the process, so in case anybody else does, I'll describe my experience:

Realised I wasn't imagining things Monday afternoon. Rang DubDoc just after 6, who advised they couldn't refer me as they didn't cover my GP (?), and that I'd need to contact my GP's out of hours service. My GP's out-of-hours service turned out to be an online form for callback, so got nowhere with that.

Tuesday morning started ringing GP at 10, shortly after they'd opened. Couldn't get through until after 11, receptionist took a message and I got a call back around 1 based on the earlier call, asking me questions about symptoms etc.

HSE called me at 4 to confirm I couldn't make my own way to a centre (ie I don't have a car so I'd need an ambulance service callout)

Heard nothing until 3 the next day, Wednesday, when the Ambulance Service chap rang to say he'd be at mine in an hour for the test. Test was a swab on the back of the throat and one nostril, not painful but really strange. He advised it would go to the lab that evening and it would be 2-3 days for results.

Still awaiting result now coming into Friday afternoon.

So I suppose the moral of the story is a) I need to change my GP because I found them fairly useless and even during the referral call back had to actively volunteer information, like requiring a call out, that wouldn't necessarily occur to lots of others, b) While some folks have been lucky to have really speedy turnaround, you can't depend on that.

I also happened to get a massive volume of Wangiri calls this week, which didn't help matters but wasn't anybody's fault except the chap in Tajikistan...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

I looked at this thread when I was wondering about the process, so in case anybody else does, I'll describe my experience:

Realised I wasn't imagining things Monday afternoon. Rang DubDoc just after 6, who advised they couldn't refer me as they didn't cover my GP (?), and that I'd need to contact my GP's out of hours service. My GP's out-of-hours service turned out to be an online form for callback, so got nowhere with that.

Tuesday morning started ringing GP at 10, shortly after they'd opened. Couldn't get through until after 11, receptionist took a message and I got a call back around 1 based on the earlier call, asking me questions about symptoms etc.

HSE called me at 4 to confirm I couldn't make my own way to a centre (ie I don't have a car so I'd need an ambulance service callout)

Heard nothing until 3 the next day, Wednesday, when the Ambulance Service chap rang to say he'd be at mine in an hour for the test. Test was a swab on the back of the throat and one nostril, not painful but really strange. He advised it would go to the lab that evening and it would be 2-3 days for results.

Still awaiting result now coming into Friday afternoon.

So I suppose the moral of the story is a) I need to change my GP because I found them fairly useless and even during the referral call back had to actively volunteer information, like requiring a call out, that wouldn't necessarily occur to lots of others, b) While some folks have been lucky to have really speedy turnaround, you can't depend on that.

I also happened to get a massive volume of Wangiri calls this week, which didn't help matters but wasn't anybody's fault except the chap in Tajikistan...

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for your results, hopefully you get them today! How are you feeling now?

Much better now than I was, cheers! Mostly just achy and weird at this point, rather than full on sick, but I'm not sure anymore how much of that is just from staying in my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭newbie85

Much better now than I was, cheers! Mostly just achy and weird at this point, rather than full on sick, but I'm not sure anymore how much of that is just from staying in my room.

Any word for you? We are still waiting on my two year olds test since Wednesday afternoon. So frustrating when you have plans for the weekend and I'm pretty sure it's just a headcold

newbie85 wrote: »
    Any word for you? We are still waiting on my two year olds test since Wednesday afternoon. So frustrating when you have plans for the weekend and I'm pretty sure it's just a headcold

In exactly the same boat still I'm afraid. Just got off the phone to HSE Live, and they're now officially advising results may be four days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I’m convinced I had it back in October.
    All the symptom was sick for a month
    Never got back to 100% till Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

In exactly the same boat still I'm afraid. Just got off the phone to HSE Live, and they're now officially advising results may be four days.

That is ridiculous - they are shutting down business yet they cannot deliver test results in a timely manner.

That is ridiculous - they are shutting down business yet they cannot deliver test results in a timely manner.

All I will say is that my symptoms were mild and not associated with a known case, I would be genuinely surprised if it's Covid after all.

If there's limited capacity, I have to say I would much rather it was prioritised for more serious cases or clusters, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I was "low priority"

• Advertisement

Well it's a little reassuring to hear you're the same as us. I phoned them this morning but haven't heard back. Did they ring you?

Well it's a little reassuring to hear you're the same as us. I phoned them this morning but haven't heard back. Did they ring you?

I rang them, because the three days were nearly up, and yesterday they advised me to do that and they'd be able to "prompt" a result again.

I was on hold for about 30 mins and there was a "We're experiencing a heavy volume of calls!" message that wasn't there yesterday, too. I asked if they could send a prompt and was told that as the advice is now four days, they couldn't until tomorrow.

Real killer considering how beautiful the weather is. I'll be able to leave the house again just in time for work Monday lol

I rang them, because the three days were nearly up, and yesterday they advised me to do that and they'd be able to "prompt" a result again.

I was on hold for about 30 mins and there was a "We're experiencing a heavy volume of calls!" message that wasn't there yesterday, too. I asked if they could send a prompt and was told that as the advice is now four days, they couldn't until tomorrow.

Real killer considering how beautiful the weather is. I'll be able to leave the house again just in time for work Monday lol
    I didn't get that message this morning, was around 12 when I got through. She took all my details, where he was tested, my phone number and said she would pass it on to be looked up. Haven't heard anything since. I'm just very impatient, and it wouldn't matter normally but I was supposed to have plans tonight. My optimism is waning that I'll hear anything today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

All I will say is that my symptoms were mild and not associated with a known case, I would be genuinely surprised if it's Covid after all.

If there's limited capacity, I have to say I would much rather it was prioritised for more serious cases or clusters, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I was "low priority"

The vast majority of cases are mild and that Is why they need to test. Better to have people tested quickly than either to isolate unnecessarily or to potentially put people at harm through spreading.

I didn't get that message this morning, was around 12 when I got through. She took all my details, where he was tested, my phone number and said she would pass it on to be looked up. Haven't heard anything since. I'm just very impatient, and it wouldn't matter normally but I was supposed to have plans tonight. My optimism is waning that I'll hear anything today

That's interesting. I got through around 3 I think, so it sounds like things changed in the few hours between.

Sorry to hear about the pickle that leaves you in, that's a pain.

The vast majority of cases are mild and that Is why they need to test. Better to have people tested quickly than either to isolate unnecessarily or to potentially put people at harm through spreading.

Yes I think if you knew you only had to isolate for a day or two until your results it would make people far more compliant and reduce the spread. Employers won't be able to give the guts of a week off to close contacts of anyone with any symptoms. My child has a very common childhood ailment and my husband and brother are off work as a precaution just in case he is positive as they want to be responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I’m convinced I had it back in October.
    All the symptom was sick for a month
    Never got back to 100% till Christmas

I know a few family members that had a terrible flu around this time, they were bed ridden for a week. They think it might have been it too

When I was tested some months ago it was only possible to swab my throat as I have an almost complete blockage in both nostrils, which has presented serious problems before when I had to have a naso-gastric tube for small bowel obstruction. Would have to have nasal surgery to rectify that, and have had enough of that in my life. My test proved negative, subsequent antibodies test proved negative too, though earlier still in March I was untested had a truly Covid-like illness with breathlessness, fever & heart problems. Anyone have nasal blockage to the extent that the nasal area could not be swabbed at all?

Just got the good news text, negative baby!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just got the good news text, negative baby!

Good for you :)

Advertisement