Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I had the test in the states before I flew home, no symptoms and negative(not a poll option)

I wouldn't worry about the test, I would say from 1-10 its a 1 in terms of pain, very slight discomfort for a minute, like spraying a hose up one nostril, watery eye, 30 minutes later had forgotten it happened.

I feel a bit guilty for using up a test for no reason really but my family wanted it before I came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Had an emergency hospital admission and it was standard practice. Test results came two weeks later to my home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Graces7 wrote: »
    Had an emergency hospital admission and it was standard practice. Test results came two weeks later to my home.
    Hope all is going well for you, guessed that you were living in the perfect isolation location.

Did my 23rd test yesterday, negative result back this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

2 weeks? Why even bother testing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Does anyone have the helpline number to ring to check for results please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Stheno wrote:
    Try ringing the NVRL not HSE live.

Call: 1850 24 1850
    Or their results line: 01-7164414 between 08.30 - 13.00, 14.00 - 17.30

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Will they give you the results on the helpline or just confirm that they have been sent to your GP? Surprised they don't just text you if it's a negative like with the appointment text.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Supercell wrote: »
    Will they give you the results on the helpline or just confirm that they have been sent to your GP? Surprised they don't just text you if it's a negative like with the appointment text.

It's my understanding that they text you negative results. If positive you get a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Supercell wrote:
    They may give reuslts or confirm that your swab is processed and to ring your GP.
    GPs probably leave it up to the HSE live to contact patients but they should also get results on their database called Healthlink.
    Its not the NVRL that calls and texts. When results are released they go through a different system to be communicated.

They may give reuslts or confirm that your swab is processed and to ring your GP.
    GPs probably leave it up to the HSE live to contact patients but they should also get results on their database called Healthlink.
    Its not the NVRL that calls and texts. When results are released they go through a different system to be communicated.

Thanks Martina.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

smurfjed wrote: »
    Hope all is going well for you, guessed that you were living in the perfect isolation location.

Did my 23rd test yesterday, negative result back this morning.

23 tests, it's obviously for work and at some risk of catching this. Can I ask, do you wear masks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

Had sore throat and dry cough on thurs. Rang doc the friday got referred for test as precaution for monday mornin. I was 99% sure it wasnt covid but couldnt take the chance in goin to work and potentially infectin co workers.Had to isolate from friday.
    Got tested Monday mornin got test result tues evenin roughly 6pm. Test was negative. All good there

If it was a positive test with the mild symptons that i had the isolatin part alone in my room was really hard. I know that sounds kinda selfish but i dont know how people isolate in a room for 14 days.

Look i get it youll save lives potentially but lads those few days were hard, tv or no tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Stheno wrote: »

There isn’t one, I was tested on Friday and when I rang the HSE they said they don’t have access to results. NVRL did give results but don’t anymore. It seems you have to wait...

Tested Wednesday afternoon in Wicklow, got all clear text late last night (Thursday).
    Just a cold thank God. With three children supposed to be starting school this week, one of which plays for the local GAA team I felt it was a responsibility to get tested to make sure (we all had the sniffles)
    Kids will start school on Monday instead, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Adding re the test on hospital admission. I was flown in by Air Ambulance and they met it with an ambulance. They had been told to take me to the isolation unit as I was running a high temp which is a symptom of course. The air ambulance paramedic told them where I was from ie a strictly quarantined offshore island and I was allowed straight in. The test came a day later. And smurfjed; yes the ultimate in isolation with a locked gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Got tested on Monday, after feeling not well on Sunday. Got result on Tuesday, all clear. At least I tried how fast test can be processed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Can I ask people here was anybody referred for testing with mild symptoms, or only more serious ones? Posted on the main thread about this, but might get more relevant responses here. Rang my doctor today and explained that I've been feeling very fatigued the last 4/5 days, like unusually fatigued and with a tingly throat. Also said how I'll be starting work next week in a primary school classroom with 31 children, so was a bit worried about that. She was very flippant about it, instantly dismissed the possibility of coronavirus, told me to "forget about it" and "follow the guidelines". Like I know it's probably unlikely that I have it, but I thought given where I'll be working next week it would have been treated with at least a little bit more concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Graces7 wrote: »
    Adding re the test on hospital admission. I was flown in by Air Ambulance and they met it with an ambulance. They had been told to take me to the isolation unit as I was running a high temp which is a symptom of course. The air ambulance paramedic told them where I was from ie a strictly quarantined offshore island and I was allowed straight in. The test came a day later. And smurfjed; yes the ultimate in isolation with a locked gate.

Wow. Good to see taxpayers money going to good uses.

With the one test a day later- If you had somehow contracted covid in Hospital - unfortunately you would have had no way knowing until to late with tests only good on the they are taken...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Can I ask people here was anybody referred for testing with mild symptoms, or only more serious ones? Posted on the main thread about this, but might get more relevant responses here. Rang my doctor today and explained that I've been feeling very fatigued the last 4/5 days, like unusually fatigued and with a tingly throat. Also said how I'll be starting work next week in a primary school classroom with 31 children, so was a bit worried about that. She was very flippant about it, instantly dismissed the possibility of coronavirus, told me to "forget about it" and "follow the guidelines". Like I know it's probably unlikely that I have it, but I thought given where I'll be working next week it would have been treated with at least a little bit more concern.

Don't let anyone brush you off, and trust your gut. I remember reading a post here of someone in hospital and they didn't feel right. No "normal" signs of covid, just didn't feel right and they were positive.

Go to a different doctor and try and get tested. It's the right thing to do and you know it, especially before going back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

I had a sore throat and a bit of a cough a few weeks ago. I suffer from post nasal drip and allergies so I thought I was grand but I was going to be around my high risk grandparents so I contacted my doctor just in case. She referred me for a test and it came back negative. She said she thought it was unlikely but that people in my age group often have mild symptoms so it was as a precaution. This was when cases were very low and not many were being tested so that might have been part of the reason why I was tested, i doubt it was very busy from what i saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Son was tested yesterday 10.30am negative result by text there at 19.30. Very happy with that turnaround time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Those of you who have tested positive, how did the informing contacts go?
    A friend said the HSE person said only people within 2m for 15 mins within the previous 48 hours (prior to the test) needed to be contacted? I don't have faith in the 2m for 15 mins thing, but I understand they need to draw a line somewhere, but 48 hours seems a very short window? Has that been you guys' experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ficheall wrote: »
    Those of you who have tested positive, how did the informing contacts go?
    A friend said the HSE person said only people within 2m for 15 mins within the previous 48 hours (prior to the test) needed to be contacted? I don't have faith in the 2m for 15 mins thing, but I understand they need to draw a line somewhere, but 48 hours seems a very short window? Has that been you guys' experience?

I was told in the the Close contacts I met in the 48hr window before 1st symptom showed and any close contact I met after symptoms appeared. I was lucky that my symptoms appeared on a Saturday , Friday I wasn’t at work, Thursday I met only 2 people. Once symptoms appeared I stayed home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

My company Ordered a few tests from TMB.ie last week for arriving international students (not suspecting they had anything, just to reassure the families they are living with).

Swabs were taken and send back in the SAE's one day, received by TMB the next morning and the results were uploaded in certificate form that same evening (all negative)

So Swab to result is about 36 hours even with giving 24 hours for the post.

Really good service for €160, would recommend for anyone who needs a private test.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My company Ordered a few tests from TMB.ie last week for arriving international students (not suspecting they had anything, just to reassure the families they are living with).

Swabs were taken and send back in the SAE's one day, received by TMB the next morning and the results were uploaded in certificate form that same evening (all negative)

So Swab to result is about 36 hours even with giving 24 hours for the post.

Really good service for €160, would recommend for anyone who needs a private test.

who took the swabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Stheno wrote: »
    who took the swabs?

I guess it's the same as the self-testing kits the UK used

Instructions are in the kit to take the swab correctly and if there are any doubts you can ring up and have a video call with a nurse who makes sure you are doing it correctly (free of charge).

Damian12 wrote: »
    If tested negative, does anyone know if you receive a text of your results as a transcript or just a message saying that you have been tested negative?

Text saying not detected

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I guess it's the same as the self-testing kits the UK used

Instructions are in the kit to take the swab correctly and if there are any doubts you can ring up and have a video call with a nurse who makes sure you are doing it correctly (free of charge).

I wouldn’t test those test results, for a number of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Damian12

Does anyone now what test centre are available in dublin currently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

Had sore throat and dry cough on thurs. Rang doc the friday got referred for test as precaution for monday mornin. I was 99% sure it wasnt covid but couldnt take the chance in goin to work and potentially infectin co workers.Had to isolate from friday.
    Got tested Monday mornin got test result tues evenin roughly 6pm. Test was negative. All good there

If it was a positive test with the mild symptons that i had the isolatin part alone in my room was really hard. I know that sounds kinda selfish but i dont know how people isolate in a room for 14 days.

Look i get it youll save lives potentially but lads those few days were hard, tv or no tv.

Know what you mean isolation is very hard.
    Noticed on the result text if you are a close contact of a positive case MUST isolate 14 days even if you test negative!! If that doesn't make people keep social distances nothing will.

Advertisement