Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Treesdog

Does anyone know what the current wait times are for getting a test in Carlow/Kilkenny? Was referred for testing by GP at 11am today. Really don’t think I’m positive as only symptoms are runny nose and sneezing with no fever but don’t want to leave the house just in case. Only referred as I work on a small open plan office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I was tested last Monday morning still waiting for results, my son was tested previous week same venue and he received results within 24 hrs

I think you need to call them! There was an issue with mine last week and I had to chase, test on Tuesday and finally got results on Friday

I did also follow up here and got a call from them on Sunday https://www.hse.ie/covidresults

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Tested yesterday early in the morning, partner tested late afternoon and they have results already. Seems strange

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just had to get my 7 year old tested. He probably has a chest infection but I rang our GP this morning and he was tested in the last hour. 99.9% sure we both had it in March and he's so congested and phlegmy I'm almost completely sure it will be negative. Hopefully we'll get the results soon so we can stop isolating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

I have been tested 3 times, twice I got a text to say negative, and the third time I was telephoned, to confirm negative,

The first two times I was in hospital, the third time was 24 hours before a biopsy (day procedure)

Unpleasant test though!

• Advertisement

Started feeling unwell at beginning of week, at first GP prescribed antibiotic but no test. Yesterday felt extremely ill with chest pain, fever, joint pains, so phoned GP again, getting tested tomorrow. Absolutely wretched state, pulse all over the place. One problem I have about testing is that I have a permanent anatomical nasal blockage, so only the throat swab can be achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Started feeling unwell at beginning of week, at first GP prescribed antibiotic but no test. Yesterday felt extremely ill with chest pain, fever, joint pains, so phoned GP again, getting tested tomorrow. Absolutely wretched state, pulse all over the place. One problem I have about testing is that I have a permanent anatomical nasal blockage, so only the throat swab can be achieved.

Is the throat swab more uncomfortable?

Are you in Dublin? We’ve been waiting 34 hours and still no test appointment?

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Is the throat swab more uncomfortable?

Are you in Dublin? We’ve been waiting 34 hours and still no test appointment?

I'm in south Dublin suburbs. My GP yesterday morning said he was putting g me on "urgent" test list, and in the afternoon I got my text message for Sunday appointment. I have a complex medical history with cardiac issues etc so he was keen to get me tested ASAP. The doctor earlier in the week had been a junior partner who doesn't know mr at all so wasn't putting me forward as he thought I probably had a common cold.

The throat swab to me is entirely tolerable, and very quick.

I'm in south Dublin suburbs. My GP yesterday morning said he was putting g me on "urgent" test list, and in the afternoon I got my text message for Sunday appointment. I have a complex medical history with cardiac issues etc so he was keen to get me tested ASAP. The doctor earlier in the week had been a junior partner who doesn't know mr at all so wasn't putting me forward as he thought I probably had a common cold.

The throat swab to me is entirely tolerable, and very quick.

Cheers - fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Tested yesterday early in the morning, partner tested late afternoon and they have results already. Seems strange

It’s a 6ish hour Test turn around so your test went straight to lab and was tested straight away . Very lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Rang gp Yesterday at 3pm about my daughter , test appointment at 6.30pm , result a few hours ago.
    Everything very smooth and efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭murtyd17

Has anyone Rocdoc to get their results on the same day?
    Would schools..etc accept this test the same as the HSE test?

murtyd17 wrote: »
    Has anyone Rocdoc to get their results on the same day?
    Would schools..etc accept this test the same as the HSE test?

I’m not sure but if the HSE don’t get on to me today with an appointment I may go the private route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

murtyd17 wrote:
    Has anyone Rocdoc to get their results on the same day? Would schools..etc accept this test the same as the HSE test?
    Steep enough priced at €149-€199 when HSE testing is free.
    They use LAMP technology. I'm not aware of any lab currently using this technology as it is not as sensitive as PCR.

On their site it says:
    "the test has excellent performance for samples with high to moderate viral loads in patients displaying symptoms of COVID-19."

To me that implies it is not sensitive at detecting infection in those with mild/no symptoms or from swabs with little viral material on it.

And even if you get a positve result, you probably wont be contact traced.

Using the public HSE system keeps track of the number of referrals, those who have symtoms, what area they are in, contact tracing etc. This gives them a better database of information for monitoring and tracking the disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I rang ShannonDoc around 11am on Saturday, got a callback around 12pm, had a test booked at 1:45pm, and I got the result around 6pm on Sunday.

So roughly 31 hours from the first call, to the result, which was impressive. This was in Limerick City.

Negative, just a head cold, I think. Have a cough, headache, and sore throat but no fever.

Test was fine, though that nasal swab does get right in there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

chrislad wrote: »
    I rang ShannonDoc around 11am on Saturday, got a callback around 12pm, had a test booked at 1:45pm, and I got the result around 6pm on Sunday.

So roughly 31 hours from the first call, to the result, which was impressive. This was in Limerick City.

Negative, just a head cold, I think. Have a cough, headache, and sore throat but no fever.

Test was fine, though that nasal swab does get right in there!!!

I rang about 2 on Saturday. Test booked for 1 today. Hoping for a result tomorrow 🀞have a few of the less common symptoms (headache, chills, aches/pains and sore throat) so hoping for a quick turn around as I'm a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

cazzer22 wrote: »
    I rang about 2 on Saturday. Test booked for 1 today. Hoping for a result tomorrow 🀞have a few of the less common symptoms (headache, chills, aches/pains and sore throat) so hoping for a quick turn around as I'm a teacher.

My wife is a teacher also, and I did mention that. I don’t know if it had any bearing on the turnaround or not. Best of luck!

chrislad wrote: »
    My wife is a teacher also, and I did mention that. I don’t know if it had any bearing on the turnaround or not. Best of luck!
    Thank you. I think they seem to be prioritising teachers, among other professions so hope you get a result ASAP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Did my 28th test yesterday at 4pm, negative result at 11pm, so released from duty and heading home :)

(Obviously not in Iteland)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

Was tested Friday, phoned gp at 9, got call back at 12, received a text with test details at 1pm, appointment was 90 minutes later. Was very quick and I was referred to Limerick even though I live in clare. 50 minute drive from test centre. Results on Sunday morning. Was 99.9% certain it was headcold but have 6 week old baby who I'm feeding so wanted to be sure. Symptoms were cough and sore throat. No temperature. Symptoms had gone by the time I got my results

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Referred for test 330 Saturday, text with appt arrived 345 for midday Sunday. Waiting on results. Also a teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Richard the Rock

Testing people that feel unwell and request the test sounds reasonable, only one thing i don't understand is why the test has to be so invasive. The 'up the nose swab' seems unnecessary from my perspective as apparently the virus is spread by coughing, sneezing or by merely breathing or being breathed on by being within six feet of someone, hence the mask and anti-social distancing. Surely if this is the case, all people need to provide is a sample of spittle or of breath.
    One other point to note is why people that show no symptoms and feel 100% healthy need to be tested. i haven't been to my doctors to get a test for an illness unless i actually feel ill.
    The whole narrative seems flawed, some might say it's designed to have a less than righteous agenda. i personally think that the whole charade is a ruse to force the Bill Gates vaccination agenda, even on those that are either healthy or who simply don't want it.
    i hope your results come back favourable and soon Topdolla. One side illness from all of this is stress and depression.

Referred for test 330 Saturday, text with appt arrived 345 for midday Sunday. Waiting on results. Also a teacher
    Hope all goes well for you. The guilt from not being able to go in even though I'm genuinely not well.

Hope all goes well for you. The guilt from not being able to go in even though I'm genuinely not well.

My asthma is flared badly and my chest is tight so tbh I'm not sure I could have taught the day anyways. Tried going live there with the sixth years for a lesson introduction, gas craic! Just as well I posted it all on google classroom first :o:eek:

24hrs for a result. All clear here. Back tomorrow!

24hrs for a result. All clear here. Back tomorrow![/quote

That's great. Brilliant news. My test was pretty much 24 hrs ago so let's hope all is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭lucalux

I got a new cough Friday and stayed home till Saturday night when I noticed some shortness of breath, having asthma, I rang the out of hours GP at 8pm who arranged a test for me.
    Got the text for test appointment about twenty minutes after getting off the call with the GP.
    The appointment was for the following day at 1pm, and received my negative test results by text 29 hours later.
    Really simple process for me. Glad the test wasn't painful at all, I had been dreading the nasal swab. Wasn't anything but a little tickly.

The negative result has reassured me to go on with my NCT test and eye exams etc. as I was worried about having it and spreading it unawares.

The test centre is an hour away from me, and for the nearest town to me, (a county over), the test centre is also an hour in the other direction.
    I just hope this isn't a factor in people putting off testing if they have some concerns

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Rang the out of hours GP for my wee fella at 10am on Sunday morning. Referral put through, didn't get the text until 24 hours later, test is today at 10.40am {48 hours after initial call). This seems a bit slow to me. We're all isolating in the house pending the result, hopefully the result comes back quickly and is negative! In Louth by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

24hrs for a result. All clear here. Back tomorrow![/quote

That's great. Brilliant news. My test was pretty much 24 hrs ago so let's hope all is OK.

24hrs is a piss take to be honest.i work on the oil rigs and we get tested in Aberdeen prior to mobilisation and we get results in 6hrs.then once offshore we get tested 3-4 days later and our results are in within 20min

• Advertisement

Helmet wrote: »
    Rang the out of hours GP for my wee fella at 10am on Sunday morning. Referral put through, didn't get the text until 24 hours later, test is today at 10.40am {48 hours after initial call). This seems a bit slow to me. We're all isolating in the house pending the result, hopefully the result comes back quickly and is negative! In Louth by the way.

72 hours for us

Advertisement