Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Helmet wrote: »
    Rang the out of hours GP for my wee fella at 10am on Sunday morning. Referral put through, didn't get the text until 24 hours later, test is today at 10.40am {48 hours after initial call). This seems a bit slow to me. We're all isolating in the house pending the result, hopefully the result comes back quickly and is negative! In Louth by the way.

Donegal. We rang the GP around 11am Sunday for a 11 year old. Had a temp of 38.2 the night before and a mild cough. The testing service texted back within an hour with an appointment for Monday at 11am, so now we're waiting for a result. I'm quite impressed so far. Feel guilty about not going into work, but as its healthcare I can't take any chances

Edit: Result just back - it's negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    72 hours for us

From initial call to result?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 happy12 3

I called the GP this morning at 9 for my 10 year old (high temp, chesty cough), I got a text at 9.29 with an appointment for today at 1.35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

From initial call to result?

Initial call to appointment being issued! HSE system lost the referral apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whodini

Has anyone been tested in Punchestown the last few days? How long were you waiting for a result?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

whodini wrote: »
    Has anyone been tested in Punchestown the last few days? How long were you waiting for a result?

Got tested yesterday 11.20am, still waiting. Was hoping to hear back this morning so could get into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whodini

Thanks for replying. I was tested a bit before that yesterday morning. Hopeful for a negative result today too. All the best.

Any update on timeframe from test to results for Swords? Is it still about 24-36 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Flappidyflap

Daughter tested in Swords at 10:30am Sunday. Result 18:30 on Monday. 32 hours ��

Any heads up on the time for results in Louth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭eastie17

I think we have to say, from the majority of messages posted here that our testing system is working and we have to give credit for that. Theres enough negativity around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Anyone got results from Punchestown? How long was the wait. Son tested yesterday, no results yet. I was referred Monday and only got a time for this morning. Hoping to get results soon otherwise it’s the whole week I’ll have missed from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

My son was tested yesterday morning in Punchestown at 10.15am, no results yet. Really thought we'd have them by this morning so hubby could go to work

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Our 12yo's school in south Dublin had a positive case last Thursday; he arrived home with a cough the same day. Spoke to GP on Friday afternoon, he was scheduled for a test Saturday morning at 11:45am at the Aviva. Negative test results received 7pm Sunday evening. The Aviva test centre was very busy on Saturday; we were queuing about 45 mins.

I'd had a sore throat on Thursday/Friday, which the GP hadn't considered test-worthy on its own. I developed a temperature on Saturday evening, so phoned in again on Sunday morning. After an initial call-back from a nurse, a doctor contacted me around 7pm and sent me for a test based on symptoms + proximity to someone awaiting a test result. (They apologised for the delay, saying the weekend had been crazy busy). That test was scheduled for City West on Monday at 10:45am; negative results received 5pm Tuesday. City West was very quiet compared to the Aviva - in and out in less than 10 minutes.

I was impressed with the good humour and professionalism on show at both test centres, and I thought the response time was pretty good, especially given the big bump in activity at the moment.

(Both temperature and sore throat had receded by end of Monday, so all's well that ends well!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 happy12 3

What is the latest time they will send a text with your result? Thanks

happy12 3 wrote: »

Wondering the same, we're waiting 80 hours now!

happy12 3 wrote: »

Friend got a text at midnight

Wondering the same, we're waiting 80 hours now!

Ring the HSE helpline - think there is a form online if waiting more than 48 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mousblaster17

Lisha wrote: »
    I used the mybio Covid antibody test this afternoon as we were all at home.
    I had Covid in March. I wasn’t in hospital but I was terribly sick.
    Neither my husband or children ever showed any symptoms. While I did stay in my room all the time they did pop in and out and I Couldn’t I stayed 100% away from them. But none of us left house got shopping in etc.

I was convinced they had to have had it too.

But only I showed a positive result for an antibody. I showed positive for IgG antibody. Which apparently indicates ‘a secondary SARS COV 2 infection.’

The other 3 were totally negative.

Baffling. As I don’t know where I got it and initially I still cooked etc for them.

Same with a friend. He caught it, ended up in ICU. Everyone else in the house had to be tested and they all came back negative. His was a community transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Flappidyflap

eastie17 wrote: »
    I think we have to say, from the majority of messages posted here that our testing system is working and we have to give credit for that. Theres enough negativity around.

Have to agree with this. When you look at the mess in the UK with the schools returns and people cant get tests at all and can't return to school/work. We are doing really well. It seems the vast majority have a very quick turn around time. My daughter has been tested twice and been 30ish odd hours for results. Helped us get back to normality quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

My test came back negative, then received a call a few days later to see if I received my result. Delighted to get back to work and step outside my house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I do think overall we are doing well. But the testing is not fast enough. I spoke to GP monday, only tested today and hopefully results tomorrow. I have needed to be out of work all week. I dont get paid when Im out. Its really not good enough for people who cant afford to be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

Tested Monday 11am in Clonskeagh negative result received today Wednesday at 7.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Results from Punchestown test yesterday came in, just minutes over 36 hours after the test.

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Tested Monday 11am in Clonskeagh negative result received today Wednesday at 7.30pm

That seems slow, 31 hours for us in swords. Tested yesterday, result this evening.

We're now at 90 hours since initial call. Getting very frustrated!

We're now at 90 hours since initial call. Getting very frustrated!

Since call for test or from test?

We were 102 hours from call to GP to result due to an issue with referral. Once that was fixed it was about 54 hours from appointment being set to result

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Since call for test or from test?

We were 102 hours from call to GP to result due to an issue with referral. Once that was fixed it was about 54 hours from appointment being set to result

From initial call. We were waiting 48 hours for the test and are now nearly 48 hours waiting on the result.

From initial call. We were waiting 48 hours for the test and are now nearly 48 hours waiting on the result.

Just got the negative result, relieved by that, but kinda pissed off that we had to isolate for 96 hours. It seems like everywhere else was returning results pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hi folks, curious on some information if anyone who might have been in similar situation knows and could help. Someone I know has been referred for a covid test. I would have been in close contact with them lately and so took time off work to be extra cautious. I rang my GP who advise I should restrict my movements until their results. On the call I asked for a letter for my work covering me for being out. I've since been asked for a 25e to pay for this. I thought this should be included in original covid consultation. Would that be the case? Or is it at the discretion of individual GPs? Rang HSE helpline who didn't really know and said it might be an admin fee at gp's discretion.

It's not a huge amount of money, just feel I'm being penalised for doing the right thing.

Advertisement