Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

I returned from Greece on Friday and I wanted to get myself tested as I have to make a few trips to my parents home (they're young, in late 40s) this weekend and the one after. Didn't come in to close contact with anyone out there, myself and partner went.

I've a test this morning in Swords/Cloghran after ringing on Saturday.

It's only now that I'm thinking is it too soon? I don't have any symptoms but because I'm in my 20s and otherwise healthy I figured I might be asymptomatic, and better to be safe than sorry.

I will obviously keep my distance while I am up there and try to be there for as short a time as possible, but I do have to definitely go up. Plus there's always the chance I could run into someone more elderly on my journey home.

Changed to later this week, generally how long is it taking people's results to come back or does it vary?

I changed it to Wednesday, would be tempted to push it out to Thursday as that would be 7 days since I was on a plane, but then there's a chance I won't get results to Saturday/Sunday?

I would need to know latest Saturday morning/friday night so I can decide whether to go ahead with my journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Changed to later this week, generally how long is it taking people's results to come back or does it vary?

I changed it to Wednesday, would be tempted to push it out to Thursday as that would be 7 days since I was on a plane, but then there's a chance I won't get results to Saturday/Sunday?

I would need to know latest Saturday morning/friday night so I can decide whether to go ahead with my journey.

Your referring gp would be the best person to direct these concerns to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

jrosen wrote: »
    I said the exact same myself. I missed 4 days from work while I waited. Its disgraceful.

My daughter waited 3 days to get tested and another 3 to get back a positive result yesterday, still no contact tracers have been in touch..

d22ontour wrote: »
    My daughter waited 3 days to get tested and another 3 to get back a positive result yesterday, still no contact tracers have been in touch..

when you say 3 days to get back a result, say for instance if she was tested on a Mon, did she get the result back on a wed or a thurs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

She was tested Thursday and got the result yesterday morning after been referred for a test Monday , the rest of us will be tested tomorrow as they made contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

Has anyone had any trouble getting referred for a test?

I phoned the GP this morning because what was a mildly sore throat yesterday has escalated into a nasty cough. The GP is backlogged so I had to fill out an assessment form on their website for a call back, but when I submitted it said that their current call back time is 24 hours.

Did this happen to anyone else? Is there anywhere I can phone to get referred for a test faster?

you can call any GP to get a referral.

maybe try another thats not so busy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Was tested Wednesday, got letter today to say 'not tested' which is either a no show or sample was basically lost...so have to go again tomorrow.

Ah Tombo I’m so sorry to hear this!

Gosh you haven’t had the best experience. You poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

My 7yo was tested today due to having a fever over the weekend.

Just done the nasal swab . Not back of the throat . Is this normal in kids or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CasimiR

My 7yo was tested today due to having a fever over the weekend.

Just done the nasal swab . Not back of the throat . Is this normal in kids or something?

Mine , 7 years old also, was tested this morning and same thing, they explained that there was a new protocol and nasal swab only for under 12 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

d22ontour wrote: »

Hey d22ontour,

How is your daughter feeling? I hope she's okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Had my test this morning at the National Show Centre in Swords. It was really well organised and managed.

The test was unpleasant, I wasn't expecting to get both nostrils done. Still, it's done now. Fingers crossed for a negative result.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Apologies in advance (I'm on a work break and don't have time to search).

My dad has a cough - he knows it's probably not covid as he gets it from time to time. When he rang the doctor yesterday morning at 9am for prescription she agreed it probably wasn't covid but would have to refer him for test.

He got a text to present to Clonskeagh at 12.40pm same day. He doesn't drive so it would mean 2 buses or dart and bus.

He rang HSE and they agreed to cancel Clonskeagh and send a home test.

And then to really fill him with confidence, he got at call yesterday evening asking why he didn't show up for test. He's almost sure it was the same person he rang to cancel - unless it's an American call centre being used :pac:

So, after all that, has anyone had a home test? And what was involved.

Thanks in advance!

shar01 wrote: »
    Apologies in advance (I'm on a work break and don't have time to search).

My dad has a cough - he knows it's probably not covid as he gets it from time to time. When he rang the doctor yesterday morning at 9am for prescription she agreed it probably wasn't covid but would have to refer him for test.

He got a text to present to Clonskeagh at 12.40pm same day. He doesn't drive so it would mean 2 buses or dart and bus.

He rang HSE and they agreed to cancel Clonskeagh and send a home test.

And then to really fill him with confidence, he got at call yesterday evening asking why he didn't show up for test. He's almost sure it was the same person he rang to cancel - unless it's an American call centre being used :pac:

So, after all that, has anyone had a home test? And what was involved.

Thanks in advance!

Is there anyone in the household who can drive him for a test? When trying to find answers for myself yesterday, one common thing seems to be a big delay with home tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Is there anyone in the household who can drive him for a test? When trying to find answers for myself yesterday, one common thing seems to be a big delay with home tests.

I'm working for home 2 counties away. My uncle has offered but dad doesn't want to take the risk (in the event it is covid).

He's giving it until the afternoon and will ring HSE again. He's within walking distance of St Columcille's, Loughlinstown and heard that people were tested there and St Michael's, Dun Laoghaire.

If I hear anything, I'll update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Partner got a 'close contact' notification on her app around noon on Friday. Promptly followed the directions and requested a call back. Now almost 48 hours later and nothing. Is anyone else experiencing long delays on the call back?

Just to follow up on my previous post, we still have not received a call back to organise a test. App "close contact" notification last Friday and we're now Tuesday night with no indication of when a test might be organised. Whole thing is a joke. Best case now is we get a call tomorrow, test Thursday and results Saturday (maybe)? More than a week after close contact notification to test result. System is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

Just to follow up on my previous post, we still have not received a call back to organise a test. App "close contact" notification last Friday and we're now Tuesday night with no indication of when a test might be organised. Whole thing is a joke. Best case now is we get a call tomorrow, test Thursday and results Saturday (maybe)? More than a week after close contact notification to test result. System is broken.

Somebody I know got a notification from the app yesterday. She's no symptoms and has no idea where the contact happened as she has been very careful about spending too long in places or being too close to people. Think she's been staring at the phone the last 16hrs willing it to ring, she'll go mad if she doesn't hear back for a few days, already anxious about lost pay.

Just a follow on question from this. Does the app go back 48hrs like the contact tracers or is it 14days. She's getting varying answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

Another one that got a close contact notification yesterday and no idea where from as haven't been anywhere except the shops etc. Currently working from home but have kept the kids home just in case but if I won't hear till the weekend then the system is indeed broken. Can I ring my own GP and request a test would that be quicker ?

Also will they let you know what day you where in close contact, its very unclear from the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,826 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

tuxy wrote: »
    I believe some medical staff with no symptoms have been tested.

Close contacts with no symptoms are tested but arranged through the HSE not by calling your doctor and there was a big round of tests for HSE staff a while back and I got one with no symtoms or contact and they keep saying more random testing to come but I've seen nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

HSE contacted me this morning to arrange a test and advised me they're not currently doing home tests and that I'd have to get a taxi to a centre. Wtf?

I was able to get a home test during the height of the meat factory mess.

• Advertisement

Just got my test results - negative :D Now I just have to wait for this cough to feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I was tested on the 4th September and received my text with negative result on the 10th. This morning I received the same text again, but this time with my name (the original text just had a space for where my name should be) .is it normal to receive a second negative result text nearly a fortnight after the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭kg703

Seems this cough is going around :( Came down with it last night, still here today, sore eyes, sore throat. No temp or loss of smell etc. so prob fine. Rang GP this morning who said he'd refer me. Will be interesting to see how long it takes from here to get a test and result (south dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

kg703 wrote: »
    Seems this cough is going around :( Came down with it last night, still here today, sore eyes, sore throat. No temp or loss of smell etc. so prob fine. Rang GP this morning who said he'd refer me. Will be interesting to see how long it takes from here to get a test and result (south dublin)

South Dublin here as well. It took 2 days to get tested and 1 day to get the result. Was tested on Saturday morning in Ringsend and got the results Sunday evening around 10 pm, negative thankfully.

I had a cough, blocked nose, sweating during the night, pain in the face, no fever or loss of smell or taste. GP prescribed antibiotics for sinusitis, but referred for a test anyway because of the cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭kg703

Touchee wrote: »
    South Dublin here as well. It took 2 days to get tested and 1 day to get the result. Was tested on Saturday morning in Ringsend and got the results Sunday evening around 10 pm, negative thankfully.

I had a cough, blocked nose, sweating during the night, pain in the face, no fever or loss of smell or taste. GP prescribed antibiotics for sinusitis, but referred for a test anyway because of the cough.

Just actually got a text - tomorrow 10.30am! Fingers crossed

Its really annoying to have to put everything on stop for every cold but better to be safe than sorry.

kg703 wrote: »

That sounds like exactly the dose I have alright! Bit of a headache on and off too.

I'm North Dublin, was tested in Swords and my results took just over 24 hours, hopefully yours will be as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm in South Dublin, just got a text confirming testing location out by the airport. I'm not happy getting a taxi under the circumstances and the alternative location thing is still only offering me there, but later in the week. I don't really know what to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

I called my GP on Tuesday morning at 10am after developing a cough overnight. Sent for a test in Citywest at 3.30pm on Tuesday and had the result at 7pm tonight (Wednesday). Very quick turnaround. Thankfully it was negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

brian_rbk wrote: »
    I called my GP on Tuesday morning at 10am after developing a cough overnight. Sent for a test in Citywest at 3.30pm on Tuesday and had the result at 7pm tonight (Wednesday). Very quick turnaround. Thankfully it was negative.

My husband is similar, he has a bad cough & sore throat, phoned gp Monday at 3,test Tuesday morning in monaghan, no results yet though we have my sons confirmation Saturday so we are hoping to have them soon.
    Husband is fine now after antibiotics from gp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Touchee wrote: »
    m

Exactly the same symptoms as you, awaiting to hear when I can get tested

Advertisement