Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I am deemed a close contacts. How long does it take contact tracing to get in contact for a test?

Brother Tested positive. Is doing ok.

He Showed symptoms Saturday. Got tested Sunday. He got positive call Tuesday. Contact tracing rang him Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

Had a dry cough for a couple of days. Called GP on Tuesday afternoon, he referred me for a test, got a text for an appointment in Swords at 11am the next morning. Have to say it was all very well organised out there. Waiting on results now, from the sounds of it that might be later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Redsercurran

Bad cough. Fever for a day or 2. Aches and pains. Had a runny nose for a week before. Called doc tuesday. Received an appointment as I ended the call for the next day at 11. Awaiting results just over 24 hours now. I'm fairly sure it's just a regular chest infection and am on antibiotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm in South Dublin, just got a text confirming testing location out by the airport. I'm not happy getting a taxi under the circumstances and the alternative location thing is still only offering me there, but later in the week. I don't really know what to do...

Just to follow up for information's sake -

Cancelled these appointments and rang HSE again yesterday. Got a call around 8am to confirm I needed a home test this morning with a caveat it will take 2-3 days to do due to backlog.

It's Day 4 since reporting to HSE, day 8 since my contact with a since confirmed case.

I appreciate they're under pressure, but none of this experience inspires confidence in either their methods or the statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Just to follow up on my previous post, we still have not received a call back to organise a test. App "close contact" notification last Friday and we're now Tuesday night with no indication of when a test might be organised. Whole thing is a joke. Best case now is we get a call tomorrow, test Thursday and results Saturday (maybe)? More than a week after close contact notification to test result. System is broken.

Tomorrow it will be 1 week since we received the close contact notification. We have called hse twice to attempt to find out what's happening and been fobbed off both times. Thankfully no symptoms but there is a degree of stress caused by waiting, not to mention confusion as to what the hell is going on. Would appreciate a call or some update on what the wait times are, otherwise the whole process is in danger of falling into disrepute.

Is anyone experiencing similar delays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

Tomorrow it will be 1 week since we received the close contact notification. We have called hse twice to attempt to find out what's happening and been fobbed off both times. Thankfully no symptoms but there is a degree of stress caused by waiting, not to mention confusion as to what the hell is going on. Would appreciate a call or some update on what the wait times are, otherwise the whole process is in danger of falling into disrepute.

That's ridiculous, not as long as you guys but my friend still hasn't had heard back, 54hrs later at this stage and she doesn't know what to do. She has no idea where it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Have you rang your GP and asked for a referral for being a close contact?

Are appointments actually made through the app. I thought it was to alert people when they were in contact with a case and then act on it themselves.

But I'm not sure how the app system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Have you rang your GP and asked for a referral for being a close contact?

Are appointments actually made through the app. I thought it was to alert people when they were in contact with a case and then act on it themselves.

But I'm not sure how the app system works.

I don’t think GP’s can refer for a test if you are a close contact- they can only refer those who have symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I was in hospital for surgery, obviously I was tested, usual PCR test which came back negative. That said during my stay in Beaumont Covid got in and caused the poor staff all sorts of hassle trying to resolve it, closing wards for cleaning, restructuring Covid and non Covid wards.

Day 5 since first reporting to HSE. Day 9 since my close contact. Still no test confirmed.

Another person in the same group has been tested twice in the meantime, and already has his result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

I got a call with 24 hours, however the contact was a false alarm as I never left the house that day. It was my phone in close contact with a neighbours phone who had tested positive. I think I would be asking a doctor for a test in your case if you are being fobbed off by the HSE.

Got a call about an hour ago to say ambulance was on the way after all. Test don now, will report back when I get results for timeframe info.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

My 17 month old was tested yesterday for the second time in 3 months, both times negative thankfully. Symptoms were runny nose, temperature and cough. He was referred by the GP at 11:10am, tested at 12:50 pm and got the results at 5pm this evening. All very efficient, can’t compliment the staff in the Tullamore drive-thru enough, they really didn’t like having to swab a someone so small but they were as gentle as they could be under the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

I got a negative. One of my colleagues tested positive last weekend and by Tuesday I was feeling a bit ropey ( fever, itchy throat, running nose, cough and fatigue). Rang Wednesday, tested at the Aviva yday and got my result today. Whatever kind of bug I had my partner has now, wrap up folks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I got a negative. One of my colleagues tested positive last weekend and by Tuesday I was feeling a bit ropey ( fever, itchy throat, running nose, cough and fatigue). Rang Wednesday, tested at the Aviva yday and got my result today. Whatever kind of bug I had my partner has now, wrap up folks

You come could have had a false negative especially since you were in contact with a positive work colleague.

You come could have had a false negative especially since you were in contact with a positive work colleague.

I was thinking that to be possible, however two other colleagues came up with negative’S too. Sure three false negatives aren’t possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I found out yesterday that I spent an hour face to face (me with a visor, him with a face covering and his toddler with no covering obviously) with someone in the last week who has since tested positive for covid. This person got in contact with my workplace to let us/me know straight away himself, but I still have not heard from contact tracing so I have had to continue work. I have not been referred for a test yet as a result.

I'm anxious because the nature of my job means that if I have covid, I could potentially infect a lot of people. Work are taking the fact that contact tracing have not got in touch yet to mean that everything is fine...I am less confident and would actually think that there is something wrong with the system if I am not contacted.

I am wondering how much time passed from when you had contact with a confirmed case to when you were contacted by contact tracing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Salty wrote: »
    I found out yesterday that I spent an hour face to face (me with a visor, him with a face covering and his toddler with no covering obviously) with someone in the last week who has since tested positive for covid. This person got in contact with my workplace to let us/me know straight away himself, but I still have not heard from contact tracing so I have had to continue work. I have not been referred for a test yet as a result.

I'm anxious because the nature of my job means that if I have covid, I could potentially infect a lot of people. Work are taking the fact that contact tracing have not got in touch yet to mean that everything is fine...I am less confident and would actually think that there is something wrong with the system if I am not contacted.

I am wondering how much time passed from when you had contact with a confirmed case to when you were contacted by contact tracing?
    I know of someone who hasn't been contacted and another who was contacted 6 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I was thinking that to be possible, however two other colleagues came up with negative’S too. Sure three false negatives aren’t possible

Could you have bee tested too soon, hence the negative result.?.. when was the last time you met the person and how many dats later were you tested?

It could be the timing of the test that caused a negative. Possibly tested too soon. Or test taken wrong. I'm just finding it all so weird with being in contact with a positive case and then symptoms. I hope you're feeling better now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭kg703

I was tested 48 hours ago in Ringsend... Still no word yet. Me and my dog are very impatient to leave the house....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

s1ippy wrote: »

Wtf? Should they have been doing that from the beginning?

Lisha wrote: »
    Could you have bee tested too soon, hence the negative result.?.. when was the last time you met the person and how many dats later were you tested?

Last met the person on the 17th and got tested on the 24th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mousblaster17

Wtf? Should they have been doing that from the beginning?

They didnt have the resources to trace potential origins before. Any case that was a positive case and wasn't a result of a close contact of a known case was considered a community transmission case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Was supposed to be attending a hospital appointment on Thursday but was coughing so got tested to be on the safe side. Rang gp and got referral for test about 3pm. Had test about 4 hours later. Got results 28 hours later. Negative thank god :D test was very unpleasant, made my eyes water and me gag :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tip The Hat

Was tested on Tuesday lunchtime at home. It's now Saturday evening. 100+ hours later. This seems abnormally late, no? Have submitted the late form on the hse website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I know of someone who hasn't been contacted and another who was contacted 6 days later.

Thanks for the information. I ended up telling work that I was not happy to see my clients today and that we should cancel. They agreed thankfully, it all feels wrong! And I can't get a referral for a test because I haven't been contact traced, and I don't have any apparent symptoms right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

I developed a runny nose sore throat etc ( non smoker fairly fit and recently had a health screening which was all perfect )
    . Have a 6 week old child so called doctor and got tested the next day Friday. Got negative result yesterday. Still getting up thick green brown mucous and small amounts of blood. Will ring doc for anti biotic on Monday. My experience of the testing was very good. Went to clonskeagh. Parked up. Nice young nurse came over and have me some literature and said they would be with me shortly. 2 guys swabbed my throat and nose / brain (though this is not as bad as people say.. it just made my eyes water) got result by text about 26 hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭baldshin

My wife, a HSE doctor, had to be tested by occupational health at work on Friday after getting what seemed to be a mild cold. While there they advised I contact my GP to see if I should be tested. GP referred me, had a test within 90 minutes and negative results within 36 hours.

Meanwhile she still awaits her results, and cannot go back to an already cripplingly understaffed hospital until she gets them. How is it that members of the public are getting higher priority with testing than the people most exposed to the virus!!?

Advertisement