Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

4o hours for tests carried out on Wednesday & Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Got a negative result back in less than 22 hours there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Eod100 wrote: »
    Got a negative result back in less than 22 hours there.

Was that a Dublin centre? Wait is killing me here

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Was that a Dublin centre? Wait is killing me here

It was. Hopefully you get a negative result asap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Friend of mine just got her result back after 74 hours - Cork City.

• Advertisement

Can they text you in the evening after work
    Hours, or if no word by now is it going to be tomorrow at the earliest now?

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Can they text you in the evening after work
    Hours, or if no word by now is it going to be tomorrow at the earliest now?

Know someone who got result around 8ish so think they work into the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Tested twice, diagnosed ashmatic earlier in the year after a 4 month long cough around Christmas. Would lvoe to have an antibody test to see if that was it.

My OH test was 34 hours and they texted after 9pm. My own was just today but they said 3-5 days turnaround. When I queried that he said he has to say that but I could still get a result in 24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭victor8600

I am getting a test tomorrow. Question: where to park for the Covid test at Handball Alley Croke Park? It's a walk in, is there a car park nearby? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

victor8600 wrote: »
    I am getting a test tomorrow. Question: where to park for the Covid test at Handball Alley Croke Park? It's a walk in, is there a car park nearby? Thanks!

It's the new handball centre. Parking available right outside. Follow the signage on Clonliffe Road. Google maps brought me to old handball alley. Hope you're alright!

petejmk wrote: »
    It's the new handball centre. Parking available right outside. Follow the signage on Clonliffe Road. Google maps brought me to old handball alley. Hope you're alright!

Thanks! I hope that's just a cold cough, I have not lost the sense of smell or taste. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Can someone explain why only 35 in the poll are positive ! ie. after all the thousands of positives & only 37 on boards.ie, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Can someone explain why only 35 in the poll are positive ! ie. after all the thousands of positives & only 37 on boards.ie, weird.

Well, 35 positive out of 147 tested is a positivity rate of almost 24% - so by this metric boards is exceptionally high when compared to the rest of the population.

Weird, but for a different reason.

petejmk wrote: »

Just to follow up: the Google Maps link to the parking for the Covid-19 testing centre at Handball Alley Croke Park is

https://goo.gl/maps/XUwMjFK4BVxxAiUX6

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

Quick question folks. Child was a close contact and got the results of the second test. The date to restrict movements is the 28th but the nurse said second test negative so no need to restrict movement anymore. What's the story there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Quick question folks. Child was a close contact and got the results of the second test. The date to restrict movements is the 28th but the nurse said second test negative so no need to restrict movement anymore. What's the story there.

How about you protect your community and keep
    your child in and away from all others until 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

I will be. No worries.
    But you would wonder why a health care worker would even suggest that. And how many more people were told this very thing and thought notting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just tested in Ennis at the drive through at Cusack Park, in and out in ten minutes, and the test was painless...

I'm showing no symptoms but I was a close contact with a positive family member.
    Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

Apols, didn't read the whole thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has been tested more than twice due to contact tracing and close contact.

• Advertisement

rtron wrote: »
    Apols, didn't read the whole thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has been tested more than twice due to contact tracing and close contact.

Me and the kids were tested twice, but was told that if anyone shows any symptoms between second test and day 14 of restricted movements I’ve to call for a third one. So I assume some people have.

I got tested at Beacon Hospital ED on Tuesday as I presenting with worsening asthma and joint pain and they wanted to rule out Covid. Was put in a cubicle for about 30 minutes as I awaited Covid result, which was negative, then allowed out in the general waiting area pending other tests. So that particular test only took 30 mins, it was charged in the ED general change which is capped at €560, the receipt which I can submit with the others for general outpatient expenses from VHI.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got tested at Beacon Hospital ED on Tuesday as I presenting with worsening asthma and joint pain and they wanted to rule out Covid. Was put in a cubicle for about 30 minutes as I awaited Covid result, which was negative, then allowed out in the general waiting area pending other tests. So that particular test only took 30 mins, it was charged in the ED general change which is capped at €560, the receipt which I can submit with the others for general outpatient expenses from VHI.
    Do you know what test it was and how accurate it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone know how long results are taking now? Family member was tested at 12.30pm today.
    Hope we get result tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

GP told me this morning that virus was not detected. Still havent been notified almost 48 hours later. Its too long!

Edit got text just around 48 hours after swab taken.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

2nd test on Monday - 2nd time I don't have it, meaning my hospital day-case procedure tomorrow goes ahead (1st test was also ahead of a hospital admission)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

1st person close to me had covid since this started.

found out they tested positive and was told to isolate for a period (think 10 or 14 days) .
    then let loose on society. no test to confirm they are free of covid.

Is this the case?

Seems a bit odd to just assume they are covid free cos of so many days passing...seems bizarre given the whole western world has collapsed over it that the HSE would be so blaise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

paw patrol wrote: »
    Seems a bit odd to just assume they are covid free cos of so many days passing...seems bizarre given the whole western world has collapsed over it that the HSE would be so blaise?

The days only are included if they are symptom free. If they display any symptoms, they are still under quarantine.
    Here in Finland where i am, 4 days after your last symptoms stop. You are free. You are considered to have enough anti-bodies to kill the virus and no symptoms that would likely spread it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

manonboard wrote: »
    The days only are included if they are symptom free. If they display any symptoms, they are still under quarantine.
    Here in Finland where i am, 4 days after your last symptoms stop. You are free. You are considered to have enough anti-bodies to kill the virus and no symptoms that would likely spread it further.

Thanks for that

i get you but consider many people including this person were asymptomatic -

Why isolate asymptomatic people at all then?

I just see a hole in the logic - in that it just seems like a bit of a guess.
    Which is fine in normal circumstances except we are going to such trouble to stop the spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

For those who got tested and had symptoms especially had a child get tested . What were the symptoms?
    Our kid returned home from school today with what looks like a heavy cold but also has a sore throat and headache. No temperature but Some vomiting also so hoping it’s just a tummy bug.
    We will contact GP in morning and keeping other kids home tomorrow as a precaution.
    No close contacts only school and home and same as rest of household.

Advertisement