Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Solli wrote: »
    One daughter is waiting for 6 days for test, was referred Monday morning last, she is sick for three weeks now, not much fever, cough, extreme fatigue and a few sudden headaches. She is 19 and we are based in the mid west.
    Daughter no 2 has been contact traced, through her work. She got fatigued and chills last night but is ok today.
    I rang HSE helpline only this morning. They said their list is extremely long.
    I figure they are looking after older people first, my daughters youth is on their side but what about us their parents? Cant help being a little worried although I am upbeat enough for all their sakes.

I rang them yesterday, the girl said that they are looking after health workers first and everyone else is just basically on a list.
    Nobody can check this list, you just have to wait for a text from the HSE saying where and where your test is.

I'm in the same boat as you, waiting since Monday to get the young lad tested.
    He has chronic asthma and earlier in the week, he was that bad I was convinced he was going to die.
    He's a bit better now though.

What do you do if you get symptoms on a Friday evening after gp is closed. Just wait til Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Rang my GP last thursday, had these symptoms:

sore / inflamed throat / nostrils
    blocked nose
    dry cough for a few days prior
    slight shortness of breath
    wheezing
    headaches periodically

Said he couldn't test me because I hadn't travelled or been in contact with a confirmed case. That changed the following day. My symptoms worsened and then improved and I feel OK now for the most part. 65EUR for the pleasure of this.

Could just have been a cold.. as I know there are still colds going around. No fever, but I know that isn't a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

What do you do if you get symptoms on a Friday evening after gp is closed. Just wait til Monday?

Yes, that's what I did last week

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Just curious to know if anyone here has tested positive and if so how are you feeling? I'm waiting to be tested, have cough sore throat but tempature is fluctuating between normal and high- just wondering what symptoms those who tested positive have or had? Have heard of loads of "friends of friends" who have it but no one I directly know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

:pac:
    fifth wrote: »
    Rang my GP last thursday, had these symptoms:

sore / inflamed throat / nostrils
    blocked nose
    dry cough for a few days prior
    slight shortness of breath
    wheezing
    headaches periodically

Said he couldn't test me because I hadn't travelled or been in contact with a confirmed case. That changed the following day. My symptoms worsened and then improved and I feel OK now for the most part. 65EUR for the pleasure of this. That 'you haven't been to Italy or China' (p.s. it's now the world) is outdated advice the GP is running on. It's community and local transmission now. My brother was told the same thing a week ago but I suspect he had it.

Could just have been a cold.. as I know there are still colds going around. No fever, but I know that isn't a requirement.

We basically have the same symtpoms. I started getting headaches this afternoon in addition to Day 4 of chest tighness, very light cough. On Day 3, I felt great, like it all went away until the end of the day it returned. This morning I felt it a bit worse. The 'you haven't been to Italy/China' is old advice because it's everywhere now. Where isn't infected? It's community/local transmission now. My brother was told the same as you a week ago, despite having 3 nights of a bad fever and still the GP said no you're fine because you haven't been to Italy. I think he had it.

I got referred by phone this morning. I've mild asthma which was an alarm bell for the GP, he arranged a prescription for an inhaler in case I get into trouble which my brother just picked up and threw at me in the drive 5 mins ago. :pac:

I know someone who waited outside a&e in her car for 7 hours waiting to be tested(she was sent there) and got the results 3 days later and it said inconclusive. They want to test again.

From your name in guessing you're in Waterford? Have you been waiting long? My referal was sent Monday morning.

Edit to say Topdolla in the "have you been tested?" thread has been tested positive. My symptoms are just like his

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Asked my GP for a follow up call today. Since I still have dry cough and sore throat, I'm now being referred for testing and told to self isolate.
    How long it will take, I don't know. Today is day 7 with symptoms. I'm hoping it's just the normal flu.

Very similar symptoms here too but only since yesterday, am a healthcare worker so referred for priority testing, only it seems not every area actually has a priority list...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Topdolla wrote: »
    Symptoms come and go all the time, different symptoms different times but all the time tired for me

Hope you symptoms subside quickly, can I as you how was/is your appetite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

Honestly appetite has been OK still holding my weight, also if you need a doctor the weekend or anytime call ddoc 24hrs I think just Northside dublin 1850 224 477

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Do they do tests at the weekend?

I have just returned from a holiday in Africa and started to get very unwell in the last two days with great shortness of breath and profuse sweating. Started to feel confused, uncoordinated and unable to hold a full conversation. Got home today and within an hour dr eloped a high fever. Have sent an email to my GP regarding my situation, and am self isolating. I’m expecting to weather this out at home. Too unwell to be able to drive out to a centre for testing, and live alone. I’m not expecting to be tested any time soon, and am sure there’s many who are/will be just like me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

I have just returned from a holiday in Africa and started to get very unwell in the last two days with great shortness of breath and profuse sweating. Started to feel confused, uncoordinated and unable to hold a full conversation. Got home today and within an hour dr eloped a high fever. Have sent an email to my GP regarding my situation, and am self isolating. I’m expecting to weather this out at home. Too unwell to be able to drive out to a centre for testing, and live alone. I’m not expecting to be tested any time soon, and am sure there’s many who are/will be just like me.

Were you not meant to be self-isolating straight away after you returned?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

youandme13 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin and was put on the list for testing Monday evening...

Still waiting on a word about the test!

Anyone else in the same boat??

Me, my GP called me today. She said no one that she referred on Monday has been called yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

If anyone with asthma has tested positive sees this post, please post and let us know how bad it is. I have asthma and really don't want to catch this. (Provided I haven't already based on my symptoms last week)

Topdolla your symptoms sound similar to mine, I have a sore throat and really lethargic. Cough comes and goes, headache comes and goes and tempature is fluctuating between 37 and 39..its a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Unicorn55

Midlands here...temp, cough, sore throat. Referred for testing Monday morning, still no word on a test.

deise18 wrote: »
    Topdolla your symptoms sound similar to mine, I have a sore throat and really lethargic. Cough comes and goes, headache comes and goes and tempature is fluctuating between 37 and 39..its a strange one.

Same as me. Thought I was doing better today then this evening I felt **** again.

I'm assuming they will be testing over the weekend? 2 drive in centers now open in Waterford.

Wish there was a way of finding out where on the list you were

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭XsApollo

mackeire wrote: »
    I rang them yesterday, the girl said that they are looking after health workers first and everyone else is just basically on a list.
    Nobody can check this list, you just have to wait for a text from the HSE saying where and where your test is.

I'm in the same boat as you, waiting since Monday to get the young lad tested.
    He has chronic asthma and earlier in the week, he was that bad I was convinced he was going to die.
    He's a bit better now though.

I’m not being smart here.
    Just genuinely wondering.
    If he was that bad why didn’t you take him to hospital?
    Or did you and if you didn’t why not?
    I have no idea of what asthmatic people go through or what the protocol for a bad episode would be so maybe that’s not what should be done.

Just wondering with all the information out there about self isolating and not going to hospital if someone has symptoms I am presuming A&E is still functioning for emergencies? Or is that closed as well I have no idea?
    I presume if people are getting to a stage where they are waiting for a test and take a turn for the worst they are not staying at home waiting for phone calls or a gp to ring them back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭crisco10

XsApollo wrote: »
    I’m not being smart here.
    Just genuinely wondering.
    If he was that bad why didn’t you take him to hospital?
    Or did you and if you didn’t why not?
    I have no idea of what asthmatic people go through or what the protocol for a bad episode would be so maybe that’s not what should be done.

Just wondering with all the information out there about self isolating and not going to hospital if someone has symptoms I am presuming A&E is still functioning for emergencies? Or is that closed as well I have no idea?
    I presume if people are getting to a stage where they are waiting for a test and take a turn for the worst they are not staying at home waiting for phone calls or a gp to ring them back?

Our GP told us to call 999 if the symptoms worsened to a severe extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Waiting on a test here since yesterday. My wife and I had very bad sinuses, lethargy occasional headaches, heavy burning chest . We have 3 kids 2 of them have temps the other has a sore throat.
    People on here saying people with mild symptoms are blocking up the system don't comprehend how important it is to test the milder affected people, these are the ones that if they do have will pass it on . Ordinarily I would have gone into work like this and I could have passed it on to everyone there.
    We are quarantined here until we get the all clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭smallgarden

If an emergency they said to ring ambulance straight away but to advise them that you are awaiting test so they can put the precautions in place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭XsApollo

What happens if an ambulance or whatever is coming isn’t gonna arrive for an hour or 2?

I presume if somebody takes a turn for the worst this could escalate pretty quick , especially for people with asthma or other issues.

I’ve never rang 999 I assume they give you a time frame for an ambulance or give you the option to get in Yourself if it’s possible and quicker and they would notify the hospital of your arrival so they can be ready or?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Do they test for the flu as well. E.g. if you test negative are they able to tell you that you have the flu or is it just assumed

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

I was referred Monday morning haven't heard a thing. Based in north Dublin. Had a fever, cough and sore throat for a few days before that. Im feeling fine now so if I did have something say it'll be a negative result at this stage. Unless i catch it again before the test comes around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Testing is way behind the curve going by people's experiences here. Ignoring possible positive cases massages the daily reports. My son was meant to be tested yesterday. Referred Monday last

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The delay in testing people who are symptomatic is extremely dangerous. Typically these people will recover and doubt they even had it, return to mingle in the community and likely spread the virus, all while still waiting to hear their result. Please if you have any of the symptoms (you don’t need to have all) isolate yourself until you get a result (and after that too if pos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery. Stay strong folks and have faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Topdolla wrote: »
    I usually like to prove people wrong but not in this case, I have tested positive and not one time did my fever reach 38... 37.7 was the closest.

If you don't feel right please get tested and stay safe everyone

I'm waiting on test. Temp going between 36.9 and 37.8.

How are you feeling otherwise

Advertisement