Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

Why would people even consider getting tested if they have no symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CorkBlackbird

tobeme2020 wrote: »

Close contact with a positive case

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Close contacts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

quaalude wrote: »
    I got a text out of the blue yesterday saying I’ve an appointment for a test today. No one called me, no doctor or HSE person, so I don’t know why I have to have a test.

Has this happened to anyone, is there an opportunity to find out why an appointment was made for me? (It’s definitely not spam BTW).

This can happen if you part of a group close contact e.g were in a pub which had outbreak. They do not keep track times people visit so get a list (often long) customers over a day/2 and block book appointment.
    But feeling they requested you reply text before going to give name

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Is there data on testing turnaround times available anywhere? I remember data being published before about it but I can't remember where. Family member awaiting to hear about test results and wondering if they will have them back tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Queried wrote: »
    Is there data on testing turnaround times available anywhere? I remember data being published before about it but I can't remember where. Family member awaiting to hear about test results and wondering if they will have them back tomorrow.

I searched the HSE site and all it says is it should be back in 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I searched the HSE site and all it says is it should be back in 2 days

Thanks a mill! I actually managed to find what I was looking for. Detailed testing and contact tracing data available here: https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/integrated-information-service-testing-and-contact-tracing-dashboard.html

Anybody get results today that were tested yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cjyid

GFs mother was tested at 12 yesterday and got her result at 14:00 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭dinjo99

Wife tested positive on 12th December. Son positive on 21st December, daughter positive on 22nd. I have had 3 negatives so far and will have my 4th test on 29th. Thankfully nobody too sick. HSE told me today as I have had continuous exposure there is no point/need for the kids to self isolate from me which is great news on Christmas Eve. Between us have had 9 tests so far. Slowest result was 30 hours. Multiple contacts with HSE have been excellent and helpful. Stay safe everyone. Nollaig Shona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

ax530 wrote: »
    This can happen if you part of a group close contact e.g were in a pub which had outbreak. They do not keep track times people visit so get a list (often long) customers over a day/2 and block book appointment.
    But feeling they requested you reply text before going to give name

Yeah, I called the couple of people I (safely) met with in that window of time (5/6 days before test) and they’re all grand, they didn’t point me as close contact. I did do 3 yoga classes in that time so that’s what the HSE phoneline chap reckons it was that maybe. The classes were distanced and clean, masks etc so I guess someone was being overly cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Me - tested yesterday 23rd at 4.30pm, result received today 24th at 12.30pm

quaalude wrote: »
    Me - tested yesterday 23rd at 4.30pm, result received today 24th at 12.30pm

I’m starting to get worried! Still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

Same got tested around 11am yesterday and still no text or call which a good bit longer then the last time I had to get tested.

I’m starting to get worried! Still nothing

A 9:30am test yesterday just came back negative in the last half hour .( 34 hours )
    Hang on in there

Close contacts ?

Close contact of people who tested positive who had no symptoms either. I'd thínk I'd wait until I was really sick until I'd even consider thinking of taking a test.

Close contact of people who tested positive who had no symptoms either. I'd thínk I'd wait until I was really sick until I'd even consider thinking of taking a test.

Well you would be wrong to do so . Its neither big nor clever to even consider not getting tested if you are a close contact

Well you would be wrong to do so . Its neither big nor clever to even consider not getting tested if you are a close contact

Wrong in who's eyes. Unless they where really sick and I was a close contact then I'd consider it. If they have no symptoms and they where tested with a covid19 pcr test then I wouldn't even waste my time getting tested.

You may not show symptoms but still pass on the virus to others who are more vulnerable. Do you not understand that?

You may not show symptoms but still pass on the virus to others who are more vulnerable. Do you not understand that?

Depends on how the test was carried out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cjyid

Tested yesterday at 12pm in citywest, negative result recieved this morning at 10.

Great turnaround for Christmas eve/day.

Tested the 23rd at 1420, negative result today the 25th at about 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Text response is a joke, got a msg at 4pm for test at 2pm on same day, my wife got same for our 4 year old. Also was talking to hse contact they had my result but did not get response by text 2 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 31,631 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Depends on how the test was carried out

What? This doesn't make any sense, and nor do most of your posts... it doesn't matter if you're a close contact of someone asymptomatic, or someone very sick. Catching it from very sick doesn't mean you'll get very sick. Catching it from someone asymptomatic doesn't mean you'll be asymptomatic.

Any close contacts should get tested if at all possible, and isolate entirely for 2 weeks. This is basic stuff.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What? This doesn't make any sense, and nor do most of your posts... it doesn't matter if you're a close contact of someone asymptomatic, or someone very sick. Catching it from very sick doesn't mean you'll get very sick. Catching it from someone asymptomatic doesn't mean you'll be asymptomatic.

Any close contacts should get tested if at all possible, and isolate entirely for 2 weeks. This is basic stuff.

What about just isolating for 2 weeks instead of the test aswell.

What about just isolating for 2 weeks instead of the test aswell.

Ah yes . You must be one of the special people to whom the restrictions don’t apply .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I was tested Tuesday and still have no response despite being onto the delays team a few times. Should I just get tested again at this stage cos this is a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I was tested Tuesday and still have no response despite being onto the delays team a few times. Should I just get tested again at this stage cos this is a joke?

No you shouldn't. Your swab is highly likely done and processed at this stage. Maybe an issue with your contact information.
    Ring your GP. They might be able to look up your result.

Ah yes . You must be one of the special people to whom the restrictions don’t apply .

Not special but one who has a different opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IntoTheAshtray

I was with a friend 48 hours before he became symptomatic and he has since tested positive. Am I likely to be regarded as a close contact?

Advertisement