Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

Sheddie2 wrote: »
    Agreed. Definitely not wasting time. Will also inform you as to how long you need to isolate - if both positive (obviously not what you want), you can isolate together and it may make things easier logistically within your home.

Great I will do that. Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Is it about 24 hours minimum for results? My brother was tested this morning at 8am in Cork (symptomatic, work colleague positive) and was impressed with the testing centre in North Link business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Talguetler wrote: »
    Is it about 24 hours minimum for results? My brother was tested this morning at 8am in Cork (symptomatic, work colleague positive) and was impressed with the testing centre in North Link business park.

A family member got results yesterday evening, test was the morning before. About 30hr turnaround. We're in the east. Hope your brother is okay!

Queried wrote: »
    A family member got results yesterday evening, test was the morning before. About 30hr turnaround. We're in the east. Hope your brother is okay!

Thanks Queried. You too!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭eastie17

Talguetler wrote: »
    I was tested Tuesday afternoon, results before 9 this morning so as someone else said, about 30 hours

• Advertisement

Thanks eastie, hope you are feeling ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Hi, hope all is well. I had a test around 24 hours ago now and I'm just waiting for a result. Is it still the case that your GP will call you if you are positive? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

Munster46 wrote: »
    Hi, hope all is well. I had a test around 24 hours ago now and I'm just waiting for a result. Is it still the case that your GP will call you if you are positive? Thanks

You get a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

They say 30hrs for a response.

I received a response 28hrs later.
    Did the test 3pm the previous day in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Family member got a text followed by a phone call the next day. They said some people had trouble with getting texts so were checking up. Result was negative thankfully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 killach

Have slight symptoms - contacted GP yesterday around 2pm but still waiting for text conformation of test app. Normal wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kav_Piero

Got tested on New Year's eve and got a phone call new year's day at 9am from my GP to confirm I tested positive, received a text shortly after from the HSE.

If you experience even the slightest of symptom's please go get tested! I was consumed with worry and an awful sense of guilt that I might have passed it onto my parents and was kicking myself that I didn't go for a test earlier (my symptoms started on the 28th).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

killach wrote: »
    Have slight symptoms - contacted GP yesterday around 2pm but still waiting for text conformation of test app. Normal wait?

Dont think the wait should be that long to get a text for your appointment.

Maybe ring your gp tomorrow to make sure they put through your referral and that your contact number is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Woke up on New Years day with a temp of 39 and very bad case of the runs, felt very fatigues too.

Wife confined me to bedroom with en suite, rang HSE that afternoon, had test 13:00 on 2nd (Sat) and received a negative at 14:00 on 3rd (Sun)

Had a very bad case of viryl Gastro Entreitis, just over it now but was a terrifying weekend.

I've gone into next level social distancing now, no way do i want to go through that again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

I rang my Dr on Tues afternoon, got a test that evening and got negative result early the following afternoon. About 24 hrs in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Responder XY

I rang my Dr on Tues at lunchtime, got a test that evening and got negative result early the following afternoon. About 24 hrs in total.

I rang Tuesday afternoon too. Test Wednesday afternoon and still no result now (Friday morning) - quite different outcomes. approaching the 48 hours from doing the test now. But assuming they meet that timeline (which they said would be the maximum wait) it's still going to be a full 3 days between reporting and getting a result. Presumably a bit longer again if I'm positive before I talk to contact tracers. Fortunately I'll have 0 contacts to report, but if I did that's quite the delay in people getting notified! 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I rang Tuesday afternoon too. Test Wednesday afternoon and still no result now (Friday morning) - quite different outcomes. approaching the 48 hours from doing the test now. But assuming they meet that timeline (which they said would be the maximum wait) it's still going to be a full 3 days between reporting and getting a result. Presumably a bit longer again if I'm positive before I talk to contact tracers. Fortunately I'll have 0 contacts to report, but if I did that's quite the delay in people getting notified! 

You must isolate immediately while waiting for a test and then while you are waiting for results. It taking 24 or 48 hours to give you your result, should not increase your contacts as you are in isolation.

bikeman1 wrote: »
    You must isolate immediately while waiting for a test and then while you are waiting for results. It taking 24 or 48 hours to give you your result, should not increase your contacts as you are in isolation.

Obviously! I hope everyone knows that by now!

The problem I refer to would be contacts that I could have had before knowing I should have been tested. They are potentially out there spreading covid unknowingly!

As it happens I've just got my text. Negative thankfully, so an entirely hypothetical case in my scenario!

Is there much of a wait to get your test once your GP refers you? I called the GP this morning and am waiting for the HSE to contact me.

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Is there much of a wait to get your test once your GP refers you? I called the GP this morning and am waiting for the HSE to contact me.

There was a 30min delay for me, maybe your doctor forgot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

I got tested Wed and today I got a positive result :eek:
    I was worried as I had a kidney removed 3 months ago. I live alone and only met 1 person in the last week, They are going for a test tomorrow.
    I dont feel too bad, I am 58 and my symtoms were hot and cold several times a day and fits of sneezing.
    I ordered my shopping online this morning ( With several of their off licence offerings included !). It is what it is, I have my warm place, my internet and phone, Netflix etc so I suppose I am lucky.
    Hopefully the 14 days will fly by:)

There was a 30min delay for me, maybe your doctor forgot?

Thanks, will give it another half hour or so and ring back.

Ish66 wrote: »
    I got tested Wed and today I got a positive result :eek:
    I was worried as I had a kidney removed 3 months ago. I live alone and only met 1 person in the last week, They are going for a test tomorrow.
    I dont feel too bad, I am 58 and my symtoms were hot and cold several times a day and fits of sneezing.
    I ordered my shopping online this morning ( With several of their off licence offerings included !). It is what it is, I have my warm place, my internet and phone, Netflix etc so I suppose I am lucky.
    Hopefully the 14 days will fly by:)

That sounds like you were very unlucky to pick it up. Hopefully, you won't experience any worsening symptoms. Get better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

That sounds like you were very unlucky to pick it up. Hopefully, you won't experience any worsening symptoms. Get better soon!
    I must have picked it up out and about, Where, I havn't a clue. I wear my mask etc and wash my hands and all that good stuff. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭DJ98

Got tested yesterday and just had a missed call from the HSE Live number, do they ring you to give the result or text?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Got my result today, negative. I've been sick the last few days and getting worse My girlfriend was experiencing symptoms too and she tested positive today.

I live at home with my parents and my mam works in the HSE as a carer going to people's houses. I've rang my doctor again to try get another test.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

DJ98 wrote: »
    Got tested yesterday and just had a missed call from the HSE Live number, do they ring you to give the result or text?

They usually ring if it's a positive result or your a close contact plus they text too

Flying Fox wrote: »

For me only about 10 minutes from refferal to getting a text with test appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭DJ98

audman13 wrote: »
    They usually ring if it's a positive result or your a close contact plus they text too

Have received no text yet, I wasnt expecting a call, thought the text comes first and I was on another call at the time, hopefully I'll hear something soon

• Advertisement

For me only about 10 minutes from refferal to getting a text with test appointment.

Thanks, still nothing for me and the GP says they put it through. Apparently it can take up to two days but that definitely doesn't seem to be the norm.

Advertisement