Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭wandererz

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Thanks, still nothing for me and the GP says they put it through. Apparently it can take up to two days but that definitely doesn't seem to be the norm.
    Get the doctor to check if the mobile number was input under mobile and not under "Landline" on the system.

It can prevent the text from going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Is there much of a wait to get your test once your GP refers you? I called the GP this morning and am waiting for the HSE to contact me.

They say up to 24 hours but in reality its pretty quick, my mother in law rang her GP yesterday and had it within 90 seconds if putting the phone down.
    My wife, her brother, his partner all got it within the hour. I on the other hand waited 5 days for my appointment!!

I eventually got the text around 7pm last night after calling the GP that morning. Had the test at 10am this morning, so overall it was turned around pretty quickly. I was told results could take up to 72 hours (possibly slower than usual over the weekend?).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Kav_Piero wrote: »
    Got tested on New Year's eve and got a phone call new year's day at 9am from my GP to confirm I tested positive, received a text shortly after from the HSE.

If you experience even the slightest of symptom's please go get tested! I was consumed with worry and an awful sense of guilt that I might have passed it onto my parents and was kicking myself that I didn't go for a test earlier (my symptoms started on the 28th).

Tony Holohan said if you have symptoms then you need to assume you have it. If you are a close contact, then the same applies - regardless of whether you go for a test or not, you have to isolate. If you have only minor minor symptoms, a test would not change what you are supposed to do.

If a person has symptoms, they can ring their doctor and honestly describe the symptoms. People shouldn't be exaggerating their symptoms to try to get a test on the off chance that they don't have to isolate. Not your case of course, but the general scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Do you wait longer for a result over weekend- tested in the west this morning- should I not expect to hear back until Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Do you wait longer for a result over weekend- tested in the west this morning- should I not expect to hear back until Monday?

Tested Friday 3pm Dublin. Wondering same. I assume might be Sunday or Monday result. They do post figures over the weekend so I assume results are also issued

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Tested Friday 3pm Dublin. Wondering same. I assume might be Sunday or Monday result. They do post figures over the weekend so I assume results are also issued

The turnaround time for results is the same at the weekends as it is during the week.

The turnaround time for results is the same at the weekends as it is during the week.

Sound and what is it on average- around 48 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Curious - how does one contact their GP at weekends for a referral? Not needed myself, just wondering.

Or is it just a case of self isolate until Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Curious - how does one contact their GP at weekends for a referral? Not needed myself, just wondering.

Call the out of hours service. For example in Dublin Northside you would call North Doc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Sound and what is it on average- around 48 hours?

From people posting here and other anecdotal reports elsewhere turnaround time from swab to result should be around 30 hours.

funnydoggy wrote: »

To be honest, these days I find it easier to use the online video doc service from my insurance provider (like VHI).

Can always get a booking and at a time that suits me.
    Prescriptions sent directly to my chemist for collection and now covid test booked immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

We had turnaround time of 22 hours here. So calling doc, getting test and result all within 22 hours. Which is top drawer

We had turnaround time of 22 hours here. So calling doc, getting test and result all within 22 hours. Which is top drawer

28.5 hours here since test. North Dublin. Wondering what are the chances of hearing tonight?

28.5 hours here since test. North Dublin. Wondering what are the chances of hearing tonight?

Just back and negative. 30 hours and 20 minutes since test. Awesome service

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Just got a positive result for my son, about 28 hours in total

Got my result (negative) this morning, 24 hours after the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

OH was tested at 13.50 yesterday and result today at 11.30. Negative
    I was tested at 14.30 and still awaiting the results. I have had headaches the last two days and congestion so hopefully it's just sinus.

Promised results within 30hrs in Swords.
    Received 28hrs later on 7th Jan.

Bit like a cattle mart and not unlike a post apocalyptic movie scenario

But very efficient service.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

2nd positive result in our house this morning, results took only 22 hours. So 28 for my son yesterday, 22 for my husband today.

• Advertisement

Is there a time after which you won’t receive results on a Sunday and just have to wait for next day?
    Tested yesterday but nothing 34 hours later- guessing I’ll be waiting till tomorrow now- probably keep normal office hours I’m guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Shocking waiting Time, I registered for a test through the Bons in Tralee on Sunday, went down the next morning at 8:15, did the test and had result back at 13:20 that day.

Is there a time after which you won’t receive results on a Sunday and just have to wait for next day?
    Tested yesterday but nothing 34 hours later- guessing I’ll be waiting till tomorrow now- probably keep normal office hours I’m guessing?

I think they work until 9pm, so you might still get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I got the text at midnight - 30 hours turnaround

Shocking waiting Time, I registered for a test through the Bons in Tralee on Sunday, went down the next morning at 8:15, did the test and had result back at 13:20 that day.

Shocking really!
    Thats what happens down the country to be fair!
    Second rate citizens!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Had a close contact that didn't tell me he had it because he had no symptoms ,he said "I can't give it to you if I've no symptoms" .. anyway i was feeling under the weather just prior to being told, nothing terrible but enough to be drained of energy.

Got onto gp..got a test.. roughly 30 hrs later.. negative..but still symptomatic..still have to isolate..

I live alone, anyone know how long I gotta isolate exactly..?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

Had a close contact that didn't tell me he had it because he had no symptoms ,he said "I can't give it to you if I've no symptoms" .. anyway i was feeling under the weather just prior to being told, nothing terrible but enough to be drained of energy.

Got onto gp..got a test.. roughly 30 hrs later.. negative..but still symptomatic..still have to isolate..

I live alone, anyone know how long I gotta isolate exactly..?

14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

I got tested in airport 30dec covid detected i did 10 days isolation got a call last night to say it was really inconclusive on a further test done in the uk and the would test me again unfortunitely i have just left the country took them a long time to let me know.
    Probably get checked where i am just to be sure

Now the HSE have issued an isolation order declaring me as a positive case by text msg but the call that followed has said the will investigate further.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Shockingly good!!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

I got test dub airport told i was positive did 10 days isolation day after was told i was actually neg all the time cost airline ticket + test fee yesterday HSE msg me to isolate immediately follow on phone call nearly 2 wks late dont know which is worse just glad i am clear.
    God help us with the HSE administering a vaccine I will seek a vaccine outside the country as I am now

I know there are some genuine people working hard there but it a union shop first no reform allowed

Advertisement