Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

agoodpunt wrote: »
    I got test dub airport told i was positive did 10 days isolation day after was told i was actually neg all the time cost airline ticket + test fee yesterday HSE msg me to isolate immediately follow on phone call nearly 2 wks late dont know which is worse just glad i am clear.
    God help us with the HSE administering a vaccine I will seek a vaccine outside the country as I am now

I know there are some genuine people working hard there but it a union shop first no reform allowed

I wonder will the figures be revised downward to reflect this just as they do for increasing figures!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Going for a fourth test later!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

This may be a stupid question but can you still get a test if you go to a test centre without your own transport? In other words due to Covid-19 safety protocols do you have to be alone in a vehicle before you will be tested or can someone else be in the vehicle with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

This may be a stupid question but can you still get a test if you go to a test centre without your own transport? In other words due to Covid-19 safety protocols do you have to be alone in a vehicle before you will be tested or can someone else be in the vehicle with you?

All I can tell you from my experience was that the car behind me had two people in it and a friend was tested at home.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭DJ98

Developed symptoms 11 days ago, all clear now but still isolating, can anyone clear up for me if I am free to leave the house again as I've been told 3 different things lately, 1 being the text message from the HSE said that I must isolate for 10 days after symptoms first appeared, so that was almost 12 days ago, so I'm good to go, I also read that I must continue to isolate for 14 days after symptoms first appeared so I've 3 days to go still and then another theory put to me was that you must isolate for 10 days following the day you received the test. I was almost 5 days waiting for my test so what do I work off? Have had no worsening symptoms in the 10 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

DJ98 wrote: »
    Developed symptoms 11 days ago, all clear now but still isolating, can anyone clear up for me if I am free to leave the house again as I've been told 3 different things lately, 1 being the text message from the HSE said that I must isolate for 10 days after symptoms first appeared, so that was almost 12 days ago, so I'm good to go, I also read that I must continue to isolate for 14 days after symptoms first appeared so I've 3 days to go still and then another theory put to me was that you must isolate for 10 days following the day you received the test. I was almost 5 days waiting for my test so what do I work off? Have had no worsening symptoms in the 10 days

I think the 14 days is for close contacts who don't develop symptoms. I also believe that the best marker is time since you stopped having a fever (5 days since fever). I think you're safe to stop isolating if it's been 10 days since symptoms started + 5 days since fever.

I'm on day 7 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

DJ98 wrote: »

If you had symptoms and tested positive it's 10 days from when symptoms developed.

If you had no symptoms but were tested due to being a close contact, you must isolate for 10 days from the date of the test.

If you are a close contact and not tested, you must restrict movements for 14 days regardless of the fact you might feel fine and have no symptoms!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yes someone else can be in the car. I drove my wife to the test centre. The car in front was having children tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Was a close contact to a positive case and had developed a minor cough to clear my throat. Rang the GP and they advised that there wasn't much benefit to me getting a test and I should isolate for 14 days but to ring back if anything more serious symptoms transpire. Thankfully nothing more serious other than a minor cold. Onto day 10 now so hopefully can get out for some exercise in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nicola123

I'm in Limerick. Headcold symptoms since Sunday, dry cough developed Tuesday, rang GP office 10.30am today (Wednesday) doc called back by 10.45, had the text with appointment by 11am, test at 1.30pm today.
    Very impressed with how efficient everything was so far.
    Anyone get tested in Limerick lately have any info on results turnaround time?

***Update***
    Results received 20hours later - Covid free but still have to isolate at home for 48hours after symptoms pass
    Really impressed with the service overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

From people posting here and other anecdotal reports elsewhere turnaround time from swab to result should be around 30 hours.

Would that not vary depending on where the test was carried out? I had a test at 10.30 this morning in a test centre in a rural area of Munster. How often are the swabs usually sent to the labs for testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Would that not vary depending on where the test was carried out? I had a test at 10.30 this morning in a test centre in a rural area of Munster. How often are the swabs usually sent to the labs for testing?

The variables would be where and what time the swab was taken, how often courier trips are made from each test centre to the lab. I dont know what courier service your testing centre offers.

The same service should be available to everyone in the country, regardless of where they live.
    So 30 hours or less should be the turnaround time maintained for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

I'm in Dublin. Swollen glands, headache since Monday. No close contacts, everyone at home apart from supermarket shopping and walking the dog.. Currently isolating away from everyone till I get result. Rang gp 2pm yesterday had appointment 18.30 same day. Well organised, no queues, in and out in under 10 mins. Awaiting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Developed a cough on Mon evening so rang the GP office @ 0930 on Tuesday morning, they rang back at 1130 and I had an appointment @ 1330 in Castlebar. Very efficient drive-through setup, in and out in a few minutes. Result back Wed evening @ 2000 so just over 30h from swab to result

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Do you need to isolate after a negative test result if you still have symptoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Do you need to isolate after a negative test result if you still have symptoms?

Yes. It will say so in your text message :)

You isolate until you're 48 hours symptom free.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/test-results/if-your-test-is-negative.html

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Miike wrote: »
    Yes. It will say so in your text message :)

You isolate until you're 48 hours symptom free.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/test-results/if-your-test-is-negative.html

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've a runny nose and migraine, haven't had a test should I request from my doctor, I'm afraid as cases are rising fast I would prefer to know as it seems to be everywhere, yes I'm a hypochondriac but I've asthma and high blood pressure

I've no cough or temperature

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I've a runny nose and migraine, haven't had a test should I request from my doctor, I'm afraid as cases are rising fast I would prefer to know as it seems to be everywhere, yes I'm a hypochondriac but I've asthma and high blood pressure

I've no cough or temperature

If the runny nose is unusual or worse than usual I would say yes a test Is needed. Even if only to put your mind at rest.. I’m a hypochondriac (who got Covid last March) so I understand your fear that you are asking unnecessarily but a negative result is great to have and if you are positive then it’s better to know for sure. . I get migraines a good bit but not at all while I was sick with Covid weirdly enough .
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Gemma1982

Waiting for a result for my five year old. Feel sick with nerves. She was referred by gp with a very high temperature. She is quite unwell but no respiratory symptoms. The test was yesterday at 3.30 in Swords so based on this thread, I should hopefully hear tonight.

• Advertisement

Gemma1982 wrote: »
    Waiting for a result for my five year old. Feel sick with nerves. She was referred by gp with a very high temperature. She is quite unwell but no respiratory symptoms. The test was yesterday at 3.30 in Swords so based on this thread, I should hopefully hear tonight.

I hope negative for her

I am having a test tomorrow

Got my result (29 hour turnaround) thankfully negative although still have still have what must be just a heavy head cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

emrys wrote: »
    Got my result (29 hour turnaround) thankfully negative although still have still have what must be just a heavy head cold.

Just curious..do you then ring back your GP for a prescription for your symptoms?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Rang GP at 2pm yesterday got the test at 5.30pm yesterday and got the results this morning at 9am, very quick turnaround they seem to be back on top of the testing anyways!

I've still symptoms so will continue to isolate and then when better will only return to work after 48 hours of being symptom free.

Just curious..do you then ring back your GP for a prescription for your symptoms?

Good question. My doctor told me to call back next day if symptoms (earache, swollen glands, headache) have not improved. The surgery is open so I would be able to see him face to face if necessary.

Rang GP at 2pm yesterday got the test at 5.30pm yesterday and got the results this morning at 9am, very quick turnaround they seem to be back on top of the testing anyways!

I've still symptoms so will continue to isolate and then when better will only return to work after 48 hours of being symptom free.

Were you negative?

Lisha wrote: »
    If the runny nose is unusual or worse than usual I would say yes a test Is needed. Even if only to put your mind at rest.. I’m a hypochondriac (who got Covid last March) so I understand your fear that you are asking unnecessarily but a negative result is great to have and if you are positive then it’s better to know for sure. . I get migraines a good bit but not at all while I was sick with Covid weirdly enough .
    Best of luck

The HSE can confirm that this test did NOT detect COVID-19 virus

I'm relieved

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The HSE can confirm that this test did NOT detect COVID-19 virus

I'm relieved

I’m delighted for you. Mind yourself now and I hope the headaches ease off.

Lisha wrote: »
    I’m delighted for you. Mind yourself now and I hope the headaches ease off.

Thank You

• Advertisement

Symptoms seem to vary so much.

Advertisement