Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Symptoms seem to vary so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lisha wrote: »
    Symptoms seem to vary so much.

I wonder are symptoms different with the various strains / variants now circulating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Poll should have more options, I'm not showing symptoms, nor have I ever, but we have a new thing in work where we have to get tested weekly. I've gotten two tests in the last couple of weeks, 1st was neg and still waiting on 2nd.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder are symptoms different with the various strains / variants now circulating?

Spoke to someone yesterday whose parents in law (approx 70s v healthy active people), he has head cold, tired but not frightfully unwell, she has stomach bug type symptoms, just feels wreaked.

Apparently must common presentations currently are off form, loss of appetite, stomach pain, stomach bug-ish, sore legs, sore back, sinus type symptoms, headcold, just off form. Often no temp issues.

Another one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

My OH had a slight head cold but no covid symptoms, two days later I got a very, very slight head cold but I couldn't smell or taste anything. I tested positive.

Galadriel wrote: »
    My OH had a slight head cold but no covid symptoms, two days later I got a very, very slight head cold but I couldn't smell or taste anything. I tested positive.

I wonder if your OH would have tested positive too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Another one

I tested positive 2 weeks ago and my symptoms where savage back pain and crazy tiredness. Very little coughing. Also headaches like migraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I wonder if your OH would have tested positive too?

I think so, too coincidental otherwise. He is going to pay for an antibody test so we know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

CptMackey wrote: »
    I tested positive 2 weeks ago and my symptoms where savage back pain and crazy tiredness. Very little coughing. Also headaches like migraine.

I tested negative on Thursday but am still suffering from something. Tiredness, headaches and earache (swollen glands have cleared up)

• Advertisement

emrys wrote: »
    I tested negative on Thursday but am still suffering from something. Tiredness, headaches and earache (swollen glands have cleared up)

I was asymptomatic for 4 days. I initially got tested as a close contact of a confirmed case . Private test

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CptMackey wrote: »
    I was asymptomatic for 4 days. I initially got tested as a close contact of a confirmed case . Private test

Was it lower back pain you had?

Stheno wrote: »
    Was it lower back pain you had?

From my neck down. All over my back really.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

frink wrote: »
    Was a close contact to a positive case and had developed a minor cough to clear my throat. Rang the GP and they advised that there wasn't much benefit to me getting a test and I should isolate for 14 days but to ring back if anything more serious symptoms transpire. Thankfully nothing more serious other than a minor cold. Onto day 10 now so hopefully can get out for some exercise in a few days

Got to Day 14 and then woke up with a chronic headache and slight dizziness. Called the GP and they referred me for a test as I have a slight temperature. Had the test this morning so hoping for results tomorrow. Feeling better today already so hopeful

Myself and the OH haven't left the house in 2 weeks, she is feeling great so fingers crossed it is just a Sinus infection so we can at least get out for some exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Zogabomb

I developed a cough and headache on Sunday and developed a temperature, got tested this morning and waiting on a result. I'm not feeling too bad but defo not feeling 100% either.

I was sent to The RDS for the test and I have to say it was very efficient, no hanging around and back out within a few mins.

I was worried that the test would hurt, but it wasn't too bad just a little bit uncomfortable for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Got to Day 14 and then woke up with a chronic headache and slight dizziness. Called the GP and they referred me for a test as I have a slight temperature. Had the test this morning so hoping for results tomorrow. Feeling better today already so hopeful

Myself and the OH haven't left the house in 2 weeks, she is feeling great so fingers crossed it is just a Sinus infection so we can at least get out for some exercise

Hope your test comes back negative and you start feeling better very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Was a close contact to a positive case and had developed a minor cough to clear my throat. Rang the GP and they advised that there wasn't much benefit to me getting a test and I should isolate for 14 days but to ring back if anything more serious symptoms transpire. Thankfully nothing more serious other than a minor cold. Onto day 10 now so hopefully can get out for some exercise in a few days

Test came back positive this morning so that is another 10 days isolation for me and 14 days for the OH. Very frustrated now that I didn't get a test that time when doctor said there wasn't a benefit to it. I more than likely would have tested positive at the time but i would probably still have to restrict movements until symptoms passed

Test came back positive this morning so that is another 10 days isolation for me and 14 days for the OH. Very frustrated now that I didn't get a test that time when doctor said there wasn't a benefit to it. I more than likely would have tested positive at the time but i would probably still have to restrict movements until symptoms passed

Take Care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭d161

9 days later and still no results.

So, I spoke to my doctor on Tuesday (19/1) at 4.50pm and she referred me for a test. Received a text within 10 minutes for an appointment the next day.
    Next day in and out within 10 minutes. I was very impressed.

2 days later no results so I phoned HSE Live. The person I spoke to filled in a delayed response form and advised that I would get a response within 24 hrs.
    Next day, called again and advised that the next step was an email which would be answered within 24 hours.
    Again nothing, so I called back but their system doesn't have another step in the process so that's the end of that.
    I've called back several times, sometimes they "try" to transfer you to the delayed response team but never successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

d161 wrote: »

So, I spoke to my doctor on Tuesday (19/1) at 4.50pm and she referred me for a test. Received a text within 10 minutes for an appointment the next day.

2 days later no results so I phoned HSE Live. The person I spoke to filled in a delayed response form and advised that I would get a response within 24 hrs.
    Next day, called again and advised that the next step was an email which would be answered within 24 hours.
    Again nothing, so I called back but their system doesn't have another step in the process so that's the end of that.
    I've called back several times, sometimes they "try" to transfer you to the delayed response team but never successful.

Have you rang your GP and asked them to look up your result

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭d161

Have you rang your GP and asked them to look up your result

Yes. The receptionist was a little vague first saying they don't get the results then saying they do after a few weeks. I asked her to check and she said they had no results.
    The doctor wouldn't see me without the test so just as well my symptoms had improved. She prescribed an antibiotic which I think did the job.
    My partner who is with a different doctor also developed symptoms after me but wasn't referred for a test. Kids fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Toddler picked it up in crèche and was tested on Sunday. That was the same day my symptoms started. I was tested on Wednesday. Both of us positive but he has no symptoms.

This is the worst illness that I have faced. I’m just finishing day 6 and I have been a physical and emotional wreck. Part of the emotional side is fear of my wife and 1 year old getting it like I have. If the 2 adults are knocked out at the same time, we have no support to help with the children.

I started off with a sore throat, muscle aches and exhaustion. Other symptoms I’ve had were head cold, sinus pain, severe headache (worst), nausea, some chest pain but my breathing is ok, fingers aching, loss of appetite, I only had slight fever one night and it was gone the next day. I’ve had the cough with lovely brown mucous, and my latest one is an ear ache.

Today I was able to sit up for the first time in 48 hours, my appetite came back a little, and I actually felt good for an hour, but then started to feel bad again.

There doesn’t seem to be a peak in symptoms to know when I’m getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

53 tests and counting :):) getting used to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

smurfjed wrote: »
    53 tests and counting :):) getting used to this :)

howcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Employer mandated. These days we are doing them on a daily basis.

I’m delighted for you. Mind yourself now and I hope the headaches ease off.

My headaches are getting worse but no other symptoms, no temperature or cough, I might enquire with my GP if bad headaches continuously need checking out, had a mild sore throat which now is fine, I don't know if I will be sent for a test again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

smurfjed PCR or antigen testing? Does your employer expect you to WFH/selfisolate while awaiting results?

My headaches are getting worse but no other symptoms, no temperature or cough, I might enquire with my GP if bad headaches continuously need checking out, had a mild sore throat which now is fine, I don't know if I will be sent for a test again

Oh nasty, I get headaches sometimes migraine a lot. They are horrible. Definitely check in with your gp. Hope you are a lot better soon.

d161 wrote: »

Did you get any result yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭babybuilder

You have my sympathy. I had similar episode in March. I spent three days in bed with piercing pains behind my eyes, general exhaustion, muscle and joint pains and a sore throat with an insatiable thirst. My son had a persistent cough but nothing else. Neither of us could get a test.

Advertisement