Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm in CUH now as oxygen low

Get well soon.

How are the rest of your family?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

Come back and let us know about your friend.

test was negative - yipee..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stheno wrote: »
    Get well soon.

How are the rest of your family?

They are good, mild symptoms treated at home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

sporina wrote: »
    test was negative - yipee..

Sounds like her GP knew what they were doing after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Sounds like her GP knew what they were doing after all...

yep - still - great to know - peace of mind and all that.. for those she lives with too etc

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Thanks all I feel a bit better, they are great in CUH

Can you provide some context: age, underlying health issues (if you wish to divulge etc.), current status (BMI etc.); fitness level.

Can you provide some context: age, underlying health issues (if you wish to divulge etc.), current status (BMI etc.); fitness level.

I've asthma and high blood pressure, yes I would say I'm chubby so overweight, I do walk in the evenings when I was able

I'm feeling stronger day by day with oxygen reducing and chest cough clearing

They are great in CUH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Please don't ask posters for personal info again - if they wish to supply it they can do so themselves but don't need to provide any information they are not comfortable with

I don't mind sharing, I'm feeling much better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Daughter just tested positive. She showed symptoms 15 days after my son and myself tested positive. Still waiting on my wife’s result. Just goes to show how long it can take to show up. There was no way to isolate our kids as they are both toddlers and we live in an apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Daughter just tested positive. She showed symptoms 15 days after my son and myself tested positive. Still waiting on my wife’s result. Just goes to show how long it can take to show up. There was no way to isolate our kids as they are both toddlers and we live in an apartment.

So you've to do a second bout of staying at home?

That sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Stheno wrote: »
    So you've to do a second bout of staying at home?

That sucks

According to the HSE, my son and myself are free to go out and about because we have recovered. Thankfully I seem to be the only one of us that has had a rough time of it. Wife has very mild symptoms, same as daughter, and son only had a slight cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

Got tested recently, had sorethroat, cough. Still do. Also had tight heavy chest(2 days max), doc thinks its anxiety due to work.

Test came back negative, close contact negative aswell.

Not entirely convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Did PCR test #48 last night, #49 about an hour ago, and will do #50 at lunchtime tomorrow, and maybe #51 tomorrow night. Seriously getting used to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

smurfjed wrote: »
    Did PCR test #48 last night, #49 about an hour ago, and will do #50 at lunchtime tomorrow, and maybe #51 tomorrow night. Seriously getting used to this.

Is being tested every day really necessary. Seems like a waste of resources to do it that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Totally agree with you Martina1991, some days we even do it twice !

Would you believe that the results will be back in a few hours, totally dedicated resources just for us.

(Im not in Ireland obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

Just back from being tested,fingers and toes crossed

Woohoo,negative

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Tested negative, no symptoms. It was necessary for a wedding before the present lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Does anyone know how long results are taking to issue at the moment? Was tested just over 24 hours ago and was hoping I might hear soon. I know they say within 48 hours - anyone gotten it earlier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Got tested today in Cork. Am hopeful of a negative result tomorrow as I need to get back to work. Had a dry throat over weekend so had to get test. Feel slightly warm at times but nothing major. In ‘normal life’ I wouldn’t even consider myself sick but heyho this is our reality now.
    It was my 4test today. I had COVID last March. I had 2 tests in January, one private for peace of mind after Xmas and one in work in January.

I really hope I don’t have it. I’d find it very hard mentally if I had it again. I’ve done my supermarket shopping online since Xmas and I’ve been no where only work.. might pop into small shop for milk/bread but always pay contactless, even in work canteen.

Feic COVID. I’m sick of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I firmly believe the main reason I have not been diagnosed with cv19 yet is because I have never once been tested. I'm am nearly certain if I took a test everyday for the last 6 months for arguments sake at least one of those results would have been positive. I know of a good few who tested positive but none were even sick says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

GT89 wrote: »
    I firmly believe the main reason I have not been diagnosed with cv19 yet is because I have never once been tested. I'm am nearly certain if I took a test everyday for the last 6 months for arguments sake at least one of those results would have been positive. I know of a good few who tested positive but none were even sick says it all really.

Yep, it's very easy to spread and you can see why restrictions are in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Emma2019 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long results are taking to issue at the moment? Was tested just over 24 hours ago and was hoping I might hear soon. I know they say within 48 hours - anyone gotten it earlier?

For anyone searching this thread for the same answer, got my results 27 hours after my test.

Got mine in 22 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Had my negative result in 24hrs... great service. Still have slight temps and doc reckons a sinus infection... so on antibiotics and no work for week. It’s mad really. I’ve been in work sicker than this before. But this is it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was talking to my Danish friend today and he can't believe our system for getting a test, like having to contact your GP and having to have symptoms before you get a test. He was telling me that at the testing centres in Denmark, you just join a queue, no questionnaire or GP necessary, and they test you for free. Why can't Ireland have this system here, they would probably catch a lot more cases.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭wandererz

I was talking to my Danish friend today and he can't believe our system for getting a test, like having to contact your GP and having to have symptoms before you get a test. He was telling me that at the testing centres in Denmark, you just join a queue, no questionnaire or GP necessary, and they test you for free. Why can't Ireland have this system here, they would probably catch a lot more cases.

On the one hand you have to pay higher taxes to get that type of service, as your friend probably does.

On the other hand the government here has to balance free tests (that cost money) with staffing and funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

GT89 wrote: »
    I believe the tests themselves to be harmful. I won't be getting one ever and advise family/friends the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

eleventh wrote: »
    I believe the tests themselves to be harmful. I won't be getting one ever and advise family/friends the same.

That's an interesting standpoint.
    How exactly are they harmful?

Advertisement