Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭greasepalm

When i had to go into hospital for an op i had to be tested before hand, throat and nostril swabs.

They gave me a form with details to log into using a 6 digit code for results 24 - 36 hrs to say results were in.

both negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

kippy wrote: »
    That's an interesting standpoint.
    How exactly are they harmful?

No its not really interesting. Having had the test done there is nothing harmful about it. eleventh's spreading his opinion based on no first hand experience of the test is harmful.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

That's an interesting standpoint.
    How exactly are they harmful?
    I haven't had it done so can't answer your question there.

There was video material on youtube months ago which was taken down. Search on other platforms if interested.

The test is invasive going by descriptions of others who had it done. Inserting an object so far into the head - reason enough stay away IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

eleventh wrote: »

There was video material on youtube months ago which was taken down. Search on other platforms if interested.

The test is invasive going by descriptions of others who had it done. Inserting an object so far into the head - reason enough stay away IMO
    There are videos on youtube stating, with certainty that the earth is flat, and plenty of others commenting that it is indeed.
    Reason enough to believe the Earth is flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Sure..

source.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

There are videos on youtube stating, with certainty that the earth is flat, and plenty of others commenting that it is indeed.
    Reason enough to believe the Earth is flat?
    The videos were taken down, I said. They were removed by youtube.

Where you getting flat earth from. Anything to go off topic I suppose. I'll leave you to it.

The videos were taken down, I said. They were removed by youtube.

Where you getting flat earth from. Anything to go off topic I suppose. I'll leave you to it.

Nothing off topic about it - just saying you will find all manner of daftness on Youtube.
    One would assume that daftness associated with major health implications results in takedowns, lest people believe it to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

You are advising your friends and family not to get tested because you saw a youtube video saying the swab goes so far into your head, it causes damage? Did it say what damage it causes?

You haven't had the test yet you know the swab is too invasive?

On what basis do your friends and family listen to your advice on this matter over medical and scientific advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Waiting on yet another test result here. Test taken at 2pm yesterday. Will we get result today?

fits wrote: »
    Waiting on yet another test result here. Test taken at 2pm yesterday. Will we get result today?

It depends but it would be more likely than not that you will get the result today.

• Advertisement

It depends but it would be more likely than not that you will get the result today.

I really hope so. I have job interviews this week and need the kids to be able to go to preschool etc.

fits wrote: »
    I really hope so. I have job interviews this week and need the kids to be able to go to preschool etc.

I hope you get a negative result and soon, if that is the case.

I hope you get a negative result and soon, if that is the case.

Got not detected result 24 hours after swab taken so all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lasted an entire year through this pandemic and had to be tested for me surgery last week.

All clear. But not pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,079 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Got tested twice, both negative

Once as a close contact in August, once for symptoms in December. Both were unpleasant but August was much more painful, I believe they changed the size of the probes in those intervening months

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

How long was everyone waiting from test to text, and was it positive or negative???

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

amor3 wrote: »
    How long was everyone waiting from test to text, and was it positive or negative???

Hello amor3! My two daughters were tested at half five on Monday and negative results came just after 9pm on Tuesday.

cornflake1 wrote: »
    Hello amor3! My two daughters were tested at half five on Monday and negative results came just after 9pm on Tuesday.

That's good to hear, delighted they are negative.

My son was tested yesterday at 4.40. Anyone I know that tested negative had results within 24 hours, so good to hear you were waiting a little over the 24 hours.

I know they say up to 48 hours, but I personally know no one waiting that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nextgen2020

Tested yesterday before 5pm. Still no result...

Anyone been able to select a time for their second test? Or do you just have to take what they give you?

Tested yesterday before 5pm. Still no result...

Anyone been able to select a time for their second test? Or do you just have to take what they give you?

Same here, still nothing and I think they stop at 9 o'clock..

• Advertisement

Just got text now, negative, thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nextgen2020

amor3 wrote: »
    Just got text now, negative, thank God!

Same as! Need a second negative test on Saturday. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get one early in the morning and get the results back early on Sunday.

For those who had to get two tests, when did you get your appointment for your second test?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Got tested about 8 hours ago and will do it again in 3 hours, getting close to 80 times so far, not bad considering that I’m also vaccinated :)

(company mandated)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

smurfjed wrote: »
    Got tested about 8 hours ago and will do it again in 3 hours, getting close to 80 times so far, not bad considering that I’m also vaccinated :)

(company mandated)

We're all 80 tests negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Yep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

greasepalm wrote: »
    When i had to go into hospital for an op i had to be tested before hand, throat and nostril swabs.

They gave me a form with details to log into using a 6 digit code for results 24 - 36 hrs to say results were in.

both negative.

Similar experience, had to go to hospital so I needed a covid test before I could go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Tested yesterday at one of the pop up centres. Tests back positive today. One more test for an under 18s due tomorrow which will also likely be positive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭prunudo

Knine wrote: »
    Tested yesterday at one of the pop up centres. Tests back positive today. One more test for an under 18s due tomorrow which will also likely be positive

As a matter of interest, what prompted you to get tested. Were you in contact with a positive person or were you just going because it was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I had a test on Thursday last as I was identified as a close contact at work.
    It was negative.
    I have to have a retest now next week but am unsure when.
    Do the hse make contact re the 2nd test or do I go to my GP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

prunudo wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what prompted you to get tested. Were you in contact with a positive person or were you just going because it was available.

It was indicated but not confirmed that my youngest daughter was a possible close contact. She has very severe health issues so the adults including one older sister got tested. Quickest way was the Walk in. I has some very strange severe skin symptoms all week which I had no idea were associated with Covid! We all have symptoms now & this morning my older daughter was suddenly not well.

Advertisement