Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been tested?

Options
1757677787981»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭prunudo

Knine wrote: »
    It was indicated but not confirmed that my youngest daughter was a possible close contact. She has very severe health issues so the adults including one older sister got tested. Quickest way was the Walk in. I has some very strange severe skin symptoms all week which I had no idea were associated with Covid! We all have symptoms now & this morning my older daughter was suddenly not well.
    Hopefully you all get over it quickly, such a strange virus with the varying symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

It was indicated but not confirmed that my youngest daughter was a possible close contact. She has very severe health issues so the adults including one older sister got tested. Quickest way was the Walk in. I has some very strange severe skin symptoms all week which I had no idea were associated with Covid! We all have symptoms now & this morning my older daughter was suddenly not well.

Fingers crossed for all of you

How's your daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Fingers crossed for all of you

How's your daughter?

She suffers with respiratory issues & often hospitalised for them. At the moment she is in good form with a terrible cough & high temperature but oblivious singing Christmas & Barney songs. She is 13. I have a Stats monitor & so far these are ok

Thank you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

She suffers with respiratory issues & often hospitalised for them. At the moment she is in good form with a terrible cough & high temperature but oblivious singing Christmas & Barney songs. She is 13. I have a Stats monitor & so far these are ok

Thank you

Best wishes to you all for a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before. Our 4 year old got tested on Sunday afternoon. No word back so far. Does it usually take this long? I know there's a 48 hour window for contact, and my wife is going to ring if we've heard nothing at lunch time. But since it's the first time any of us has been tested (thankfully we've managed to avoid it so far!), we're kinda flying blind here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Got tested over Christmas myself and my 3 year old where negative,
    My partner and my 11 month old (at the time) where positive, My mother and Father in there 70's where positive, my borhter and his family of 4 all positive,

Not as much as a sniffle or a cold or a cough or a high temperature between any of them, nothing at all ,

My missus is a teacher and was told to get tested because another teacher in her school was ill, Otherwise not one of the 8 people in my family who had it would have know .

Obviously I share a bed with my partner and my son is in it most mornings so iv no idea how I didn't test positive,
    My daughter is also all over her mam and her brother every day and was also negative makes no sense to me,

I had 2 tests in the weeks after and remained negative ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before. Our 4 year old got tested on Sunday afternoon. No word back so far. Does it usually take this long? I know there's a 48 hour window for contact, and my wife is going to ring if we've heard nothing at lunch time. But since it's the first time any of us has been tested (thankfully we've managed to avoid it so far!), we're kinda flying blind here.

No it shouldn't take that long. Their test is well processed at this stage. Ring your GP to follow it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

Sanjuro wrote: »

In my case, the mobile number was input into the wrong field (Landline) hence I didn't get a message.
    Contact the testing location or the GP to get the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

How long were people waiting for a test appointment? Called the GP at 9.15 am for my daughter and still no appointment....kinda surprised as thought it would be quicker.

Both parents healthcare workers so we are having to cancel our clinics while awaiting this test 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Trilogy wrote: »
    How long were people waiting for a test appointment? Called the GP at 9.15 am for my daughter and still no appointment....kinda surprised as thought it would be quicker.

Both parents healthcare workers so we are having to cancel our clinics while awaiting this test ��

Ah man I had a nightmare back In December,

Took 6 days after the first person in the house tested positive before we got a call to be tested ,

My mother in-law never got a call so I rang them constantly for 3 days to try and find out why not and they keep saying they will contact her,

She eventually got the call to be tested after 15 days of he last contact with us or anyone else and she refused to go as what was the point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Olaz

Got test appointments x3 yesterday while on phone to GP.
    Trilogy wrote: »

Both parents healthcare workers so we are having to cancel our clinics while awaiting this test 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Thanks guys....called back the GP to check if the request for a test had been submitted (Hate being *that* person) ...but no -they hadnt submitted it yet for me so not sure if we'll get tested today.

Baaaah frustrated here as my own oncology clinic will be on hold until I can leave the child with the childminder and go to work

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Needed to go to GP yesterday for non covid stuff but i have what i believe to be a cold so had to get tested before they would see me which is fair enough, rang GP at like 9am they booked a test for me which was at 1pm yesterday but no results yet.

My support bubble person just tested positive & I also got a phone call to say it is showing as the SA variant. So 4/4 positive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My support bubble person just tested positive & I also got a phone call to say it is showing as the SA variant. So 4/4 positive

Hope you all feel a lot better v soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Went up to a walk in test center on the 31st for peace of mind, and got a negative test result yesterday afternoon.

However, I got a close contact alert via the tracker app last night around midnight, to say I'd been a close contact with someone who tested positive on the 31st.

The only place I've spent 15 mins with anyone other than my family was the queue for the test.

I'm fairly certain that I wasn't within 2m of the people in front or behind me - either that or they painted the distance markers on the ground wrong. Fairly frustrating stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

hardybuck wrote: »
    Went up to a walk in test center on the 31st for peace of mind, and got a negative test result yesterday afternoon.

However, I got a close contact alert via the tracker app last night around midnight, to say I'd been a close contact with someone who tested positive on the 31st.

The only place I've spent 15 mins with anyone other than my family was the queue for the test.

I'm fairly certain that I wasn't within 2m of the people in front or behind me - either that or they painted the distance markers on the ground wrong. Fairly frustrating stuff.

Frustrating is right! That would be some bad luck if you were positive after catching it at the walk in test centre.

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Frustrating is right! That would be some bad luck if you were positive after catching it at the walk in test centre.

I'm not sure how accurate these apps are, if they can tell the difference between 1.95 and 2.05m for example.

Everyone was outdoors and wearing masks, nobody was coughing and spluttering. Have no symptoms before or afterwards.

If anyone is reading this and going for testing - make sure you give yourself a good 4m from the people in front and behind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do they inform you now of the variant?

I hope you will be ok and your friend

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do they inform you now of the variant?

I hope you will be ok and your friend

I don't know if it is the norm but I got a call from the Public Health Doctor to do some timeline tracking about how my daughter got infected & it was discussed with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I don't know if it is the norm but I got a call from the Public Health Doctor to do some timeline tracking about how my daughter got infected & it was discussed with me.

Hope you all doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

Would anyone know the current turn around times for test results from RDS test centre?
    Thanks

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Would anyone know the current turn around times for test results from RDS test centre?
    Thanks

You'll probably get it within 48 hours, and maybe within 24 hours.

I did a test in a walk-in centre at about 6.30pm and had the result the following afternoon around 4pm.

A couple of hours later I got a close contact notification (I'm certain it was someone in the queue in front or behind me at the walk in centre who tested positive) and had a test done 10 days later in the National Show Centre. I did that test at 11.35am on a Saturday and had the result at around 7pm on Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

hardybuck wrote: »
    You'll probably get it within 48 hours, and maybe within 24 hours.

I did a test in a walk-in centre at about 6.30pm and had the result the following afternoon around 4pm.

A couple of hours later I got a close contact notification (I'm certain it was someone in the queue in front or behind me at the walk in centre who tested positive) and had a test done 10 days later in the National Show Centre. I did that test at 11.35am on a Saturday and had the result at around 7pm on Sunday evening.

Great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Anyone know when the results from a test at midday today would be available? I have a child waiting to return to sports training tomorrow night so I need a negative test text before 6.30 tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is it just a case of ringing out of hours GP if you need a test over a weekend? Are the testing centres open Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays? Would the labs be operating on Sunday and Monday too or would it be a few working days to get the result back? Thanks a lot

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is it just a case of ringing out of hours GP if you need a test over a weekend? Are the testing centres open Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays? Would the labs be operating on Sunday and Monday too or would it be a few working days to get the result back? Thanks a lot

Yes ring out of hours Gp

Test centres and labs work 7 days a week

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Eod100 wrote: »

OOH can arrange test. You should get a time fairly quickly and then results back nearly next day or following day. No real slow down over weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Stheno wrote: »
    Yes ring out of hours Gp

Test centres and labs work 7 days a week

Perfect, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement