Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcasts for Anxiety

Options
  • 18-03-2020 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Have found a few good ones, mostly for night time anxiety/not being able to fall asleep or waking up at 3am and trying to get back to sleep.

The Anxiety Slayer - really works - the two hosts have a lovely calming air about them - I have used this to help myself go to sleep a number of times. They also have some really good tips and tricks and are generally really nice people who care.

Sleep with Me - This takes a few goes to work - once it works once you literally will not stay awake past the opening credits. Dearest Scooter is a genius at telling non sense stories that dither...

Untangle - Part of the meditation studio app.. mostly interviews with people re- mindfullness. Some really good calming content (I dont like guided meditation or anything like that but enjoy the interviews)

Any podcast regarding philosophy - Starting at Aristotle - asleep fairly quick.

Any other suggestions welcome. I get very bad anxiety at night (am a warrior during the day) and can only sleep with headphones in.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Have you tried self hypnosis or reciting positive affirmations before going to sleep. The thoughts you have in your mind are the thoughts that your subconscious mind focuses on during the night and are the thoughts you wake up with. You need to think positive thoughts as you lie down.

Just listen to Eamon Ryan on a loop.

Plant your window boxes now and have the salads ready lads when we need them.

Advertisement