Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus voucher

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

I've still got no voucher :(
    Mean't to be flying out on the 28th of May. Obviously can't now.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

looks like there is a ORK to LHR at 4pm tomorrow but nothing from SNN.

No Shannon to Heathrow flights yesterday, today or tomorrow

Rang up during the week about a flight this weekend and a full refund put through without issue. Took 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭paddy19

6 wrote: »
    Rang up during the week about a flight this weekend and a full refund put through without issue. Took 5 minutes.

Excellent, I have been waiting, got the standerd letter that I was in the queue.

Are you in the queue or have they actually processed the refund?

When did they say your money would be back in your account?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Messi19 wrote: »
    No Shannon to Heathrow flights yesterday, today or tomorrow

So they changed my flight and airport, didn't inform me and probably will take my money if I don't ring them. Bhasta@s!

paddy19 wrote: »
    Excellent, I have been waiting, got the stander letter that I was in the queue.

Are you in the queue or have they actually processed the refund?

When did they say your money would be back in your account?

Haven't processed back to credit card yet. They have 7 days from day of flight I think. Stand corrected on that one though.

Limpy wrote: »
    So they changed my flight and airport, didn't inform me and probably will take my money if I don't ring them. Bhasta@s!

That something to watch out for. Mine was cancelled but I had, unknowingly to me, being moved to the another flight.

6 wrote: »
    That something to watch out for. Mine was cancelled but I had, unknowingly to me, being moved to the another flight.

Thats very sneaky. I didn't expect this from Aer Lingus.

What did you end up doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I had similar.

Flight to Gatwick last week changed to Heathrow but they didn't tell me. And the new flight was over 1 hour earlier than the one I had booked. I never would have known to go to the airport earlier.
    I contacted them on Twitter to ask about the cancelled flight and they gave me a date and time of a notification email for a reschedule that I definitely did not receive.

• Advertisement

Cancelled, full refund. Waiting on cash to go back on to card so happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

rang Aer Lingus this morning about a my refund from the 18th March - go through fairly quickly tbf,

they said they will escalate it and to allow 7 more days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    they said they will escalate it and to allow 7 more days.

Aer Lingus told me the same "wait 7 days" lie about 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Aer lingus trying to pull a fast one on me too. Changing flights to a completely different airport without any communication. Not even an apology

Messi19 wrote: »
    Aer lingus trying to pull a fast one on me too. Changing flights to a completely different airport without any communication. Not even an apology

I just googled "Aer Lingus flight refund EU261" and the refund page came up. Filled it out and got confirmation that refund is been processed.

I just googled "Aer Lingus flight refund EU261" and the refund page came up. Filled it out and got confirmation that refund is been processed.

When will you get your money in a week, a month, a year?

In the meantime Heather Humphreys/Shane Ross bring in emergency legislation converting consumer debt to vouchers.

Has happened in 7 EU countries already!

• Advertisement

When will you get your money in a week, a month, a year?

In the meantime Heather Humphreys/Shane Ross bring in emergency legislation converting consumer debt to vouchers.

Has happened in 7 EU countries already!

If it's a 5 year voucher I'l accept it. I will travel again but not sure when or with who.

If it's a 5 year voucher I'l accept it. I will travel again but not sure when or with who.

5 years is along time!

You appear to have requested a refund not a voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I phoned up there and they said they would issue a refund but it might be a month or two before I get it.

Meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ozark2020

Phoned AL today..... surprised to speak to an agent within 15 seconds. Assured me I was in a queue for refund with many thousands and to allow one to two months for refund.

Ozark2020 wrote: »
    Phoned AL today..... surprised to speak to an agent within 15 seconds. Assured me I was in a queue for refund with many thousands and to allow one to two months for refund.

Isn't it amazing, the airlines can take you money instantly when you are booking.

But they cannot seem to get the reverse process to work.

You'd think you should be able to log on and ask for the refund and reverse the process instantly.

Those darned computers they only work in one direction.

Strange that car hire companies and Ticket Master seems to have worked it out.

Nothing obviously to do with holding on to your money in the hope that Heather Humphreys/Shane Ross will roll out a bill forcing you to take a voucher.

Perish the though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

What happens if the outbound flight is cancelled and return flight is still running?

What happens if the outbound flight is cancelled and return flight is still running?

If either the out bound or the return flight is cancelled you are entitled to full refund within 7 days for the amount you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Did it actually say it's being processed or being reviewed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Four of us were due to go to Manchester this weekend, Friday 24th Cork – Man, Sun 26th Man – Cork. By Thursday evening I had got no word of a cancellation from Aer Lingus.

I rang AL that evening explaining that I would like to know the status of the flights. The agent just kept telling me that there were no matching flights. They really do not like to use the term cancelled flights. She said there was an alternative flight from Dublin to Manchester. I said I didn’t really think that Dublin-Manchester was an option considering we are not supposed to travel more than 2km from our homes.

When I asked why I had not received an e-mail from Aer Lingus to inform me that the flights were cancelled she disconnected me…….. great customer service Aer Lingus!:rolleyes::mad:

For anyone with a straightforward situation looking for a refund I wouldn’t bother wasting time ringing AL.

Just fill in the Disrupted Flights Refund Form https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/disrupted-flight-refund-form/?fbclid=IwAR2ZVobH6PzQtaWTyfqZ7JAZ7o6S58OGZR44Ch_YedescKALyiXwtVisXgg

I know I will still be waiting a long time before anything happens but this is the reply I received by e-mail a few minutes after submitting the form.

Your refund request has been received and your case reference is XXXX

Due to the current situation, we are experiencing an extremely high volume of requests and will process your refund as quickly as possible.

If your flight is no longer operating, we will process a full refund. As noted on the Refund Request form you submitted, if your flight is still operating, we will be refunding per the rules of the fare purchased.

If you wish to add to your case, please forward this email to GuestRefunds@aerlingus.com. Do not change the Subject Line and your case will be updated. Sending new requests or completing additional webforms regarding the same issue may result in slower handling times.

If you have sent an email to this address that was not a reply to an existing case, then your email will be addressed by our Guest Services team in the order in which it was received.

Please refrain from submitting multiple requests and please allow additional time for processing.

Kind Regards

Guest Refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Four of us were due to go to Manchester this weekend, Friday 24th Cork – Man, Sun 26th Man – Cork. By Thursday evening I had got no word of a cancellation from Aer Lingus.

I rang AL that evening explaining that I would like to know the status of the flights. The agent just kept telling me that there were no matching flights. They really do not like to use the term cancelled flights. She said there was an alternative flight from Dublin to Manchester. I said I didn’t really think that Dublin-Manchester was an option considering we are not supposed to travel more than 2km from our homes.

When I asked why I had not received an e-mail from Aer Lingus to inform me that the flights were cancelled she disconnected me…….. great customer service Aer Lingus!:rolleyes::mad:

For anyone with a straightforward situation looking for a refund I wouldn’t bother wasting time ringing AL.

Just fill in the Disrupted Flights Refund Form https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/disrupted-flight-refund-form/?fbclid=IwAR2ZVobH6PzQtaWTyfqZ7JAZ7o6S58OGZR44Ch_YedescKALyiXwtVisXgg

I know I will still be waiting a long time before anything happens but this is the reply I received by e-mail a few minutes after submitting the form.

Your refund request has been received and your case reference is XXXX

Due to the current situation, we are experiencing an extremely high volume of requests and will process your refund as quickly as possible.

If your flight is no longer operating, we will process a full refund. As noted on the Refund Request form you submitted, if your flight is still operating, we will be refunding per the rules of the fare purchased.

If you wish to add to your case, please forward this email to GuestRefunds@aerlingus.com. Do not change the Subject Line and your case will be updated. Sending new requests or completing additional webforms regarding the same issue may result in slower handling times.

If you have sent an email to this address that was not a reply to an existing case, then your email will be addressed by our Guest Services team in the order in which it was received.

Please refrain from submitting multiple requests and please allow additional time for processing.

Kind Regards

Guest Refunds

I've been waiting over 7 weeks for mine. I got insurance at the time but the insurance company won't pay out until Aer Lingus contact me. Its very frustrating. I've contacted aer lingus numerous times telling them to just email me with a response and that they won't pay so I can claim it on the insurance. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I posted in the thread so just thought I'd updated, even though my flights were with British Airways and not AL

Flight was cancelled (by them) on March 13th. Dublin to London City. They offered change to Heathrow but we declined. Return flight was March 16th. As we were already checked in, we couldn't cancel the flight online

On March 16th, we contacted them to cancel (mainly as by now it was "full on" now and we wanted to free up the flights). Mrs Dodge contacted them through twitter. A little while later they phoned her. Confirmed some details and they said a full refund would issued in 7 working days

Then it went from "full on" to "global pandemic" and we heard nothing. Mrs Dodge contacted them in early April, again via twitter, and they said that as refunds were processed through an Indian office and they were at full lockdown, it'd be a while

April 15th we received an email saying our voucher refund had been processed and to click to confirm...

Again, we send a message through twitter and though it took a while of back and forth (maybe a week), they agreed last week that a refund would issue as originally promised.

Money on the card today

CosmicFool wrote: »
    I've been waiting over 7 weeks for mine. I got insurance at the time but the insurance company won't pay out until Aer Lingus contact me. Its very frustrating. I've contacted aer lingus numerous times telling them to just email me with a response and that they won't pay so I can claim it on the insurance. Very frustrating.

All the airlines are stalling in the hope that Heather Humphreys
    and Shane Ross will force vouchers instead of cash refunds on customers.

You have 4 options to get your money back.

I have a sticky on this thread that guides you through the options.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

CosmicFool wrote: »

You won't be able to claim on insurance most likely. I had similar issue year before last with the big snow and the insurance company said to me that Aer Lingus are always trying to fob people off onto travel insurance and I needed to be firmer with them.

All the airlines are stalling in the hope that Heather Humphreys and Shane Ross will force vouchers instead of cash refunds on customers.
    You have 4 options to get your money back.
    I have a sticky on this thread that guides you through the options.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208

Success!

Hats off to the https://www.flightrights.ie/ The free complaint wing of Commission for Aviation Regulation.

Logged complaint online on 21st and showed on my credit card on the 27th.

It can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Success!

Hats off to the https://www.flightrights.ie/ The free complaint wing of Commission for Aviation Regulation.

Logged complaint online on 21st and showed on my credit card on the 27th.

It can be done.

nice one Paddy,

just fired off 2 there myself one for Ryanair and one for Aer Lingus,

due about 500 back in total - nearly 400 for Aer and 100 from Ryanair

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement