Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running, Corona Virus and Social Distancing

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

MacSwifty wrote: »
    Hi folks

quick question

When are physios etc allowed back operational is it May 18th?

Thanks

I’m going to one tomorrow, think it fits in with medical appointments for Phase 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I definitely feel a bit more comfortable with the idea of track races later in the year, I guess it depends on if we have another wave in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Right, it's my turn to have a whinge about a jogger.

I'm out by the canal doing a sprint speed session and I see a jogger in the distance grab my water bottle and help himself to a couple of swigs. When I catch him red handed and give him an earful, he says simply he needed the water, and half heartedly apologises. I challenge anyone to top that level of Covid stupidity.

It also meant I had to run the remainder of my session with no water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Chivito550 wrote: »

I'm out by the canal doing a sprint speed session and I see a jogger in the distance grab my water bottle and help himself to a couple of swigs. When I catch him red handed and give him an earful, he says simply he needed the water, and half heartedly apologises. I challenge anyone to top that level of Covid stupidity.

WTAF?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hedgehoggy

WHAT!!! I have on occasion left a water bottle out to loop bk to... Now I'm worried that total strangers have been coming along and having a secret drink....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've been paranoid that a dog could have cocked his leg, never someone else taking a swig when I leave a bottle out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I've put the fear of God into you all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

What a spanner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How I wish his need for water was met with a trip into the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Similar stuff happened to me as well once, though at least it was well before Covid. To pull that stunt at the moment is just fundamentally stupid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Saw huge crowds gathered today like as if for a concert. This pandemic won't be over by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

A bemused, confused and friendly runner knocked on my door a few days ago. Someone had actually stolen his small bag with his water bottle and other belongings in it. He had it leaning against a lamppost hidden with some vegetation outside my house.

It was only after myself and the kids helped him look for it and he headed off I realised I'd completely forgotten to offer him some water.

If you're on here sorry dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

That is stupidity at the highest level.
    Some people think corona is just a conspiracy theory for some reason, maybe he was one.

I would never even think about picking up a bottle of water as wouldn't know what's actually in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

That is stupidity at the highest level.
    Some people think corona is just a conspiracy theory for some reason, maybe he was one.

I would never even think about picking up a bottle of water as wouldn't know what's actually in it.

Or how long its been there? That is pretty weird if you ask me, and that's before considering COVID!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You win! Close the thread!

How would anyone in their right mind think that was an ok thing to do? Even in normal times that's mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I've been terrified to come into this thread one of the days to see someone respond with "I take people's water the odd time if I need it" but thankfully, everyone here has some sense! (or else they're just keeping quiet...)

I still can't get over this!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I do but fear not, I've only rarely, maybe seldomly, okay occasionally backwashed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Reminds of my sister in law who is on the local tidy towns- she was giving out about people throwing away bottles of water by tossing them into the shrubs in a raised bed she looks after on the way into our village. The grass verge and bed also doubles as the start point of a nice flat 5k loop that get used a lot for tempo runs. She has left many a runner thirsty by clearing out all the water bottles every Saturday morning!

Advertisement