Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch sitting on their hands after deactivating sensor

Options
  • 19-03-2020 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

After setting off an alarm going out a door when it was armed we got the usual call from phonewatch only on my mobile phone. The landline had been bad that day, we weren't getting a dial tone a few times.

Phonewatch said the sensor + alarm was constantly notifying their monitoring centre so they recommended turning off the sensor. They gave me an engineers code (which I regret not writing down now) and instructed me to deactivate it and then they scheduled an engineer appointment which are now cancelled until mid April.

I called them about reactivating the sensor but they will not do it. I asked for a support engineer to call me and talk me through it but they refuse. I then had to explain that someone can come through that point of entry while we sleep and both Phonewatch and ourselves would not know about it.

They dont care and "cant" help. I offered to exit the house while an eingeer works to ensure no virus transmission.... still no.

When I mentioned not paying for the next month they said they'd still be charging. Lovely bunch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

After setting off an alarm going out a door when it was armed we got the usual call from phonewatch only on my mobile phone. The landline had been bad that day, we weren't getting a dial tone a few times.

Phonewatch said the sensor + alarm was constantly notifying their monitoring centre so they recommended turning off the sensor. They gave me an engineers code (which I regret not writing down now) and instructed me to deactivate it and then they scheduled an engineer appointment which are now cancelled until mid April.

I called them about reactivating the sensor but they will not do it. I asked for a support engineer to call me and talk me through it but they refuse. I then had to explain that someone can come through that point of entry while we sleep and both Phonewatch and ourselves would not know about it.

They dont care and "cant" help. I offered to exit the house while an eingeer works to ensure no virus transmission.... still no.

When I mentioned not paying for the next month they said they'd still be charging. Lovely bunch

Unfortunately due to the virus we are all in the same boat.
    If the sensor is faulty then its best to leave it off the system.
    Have you PIRs installed in the premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

altor wrote: »
    Unfortunately due to the virus we are all in the same boat.
    If the sensor is faulty then its best to leave it off the system.
    Have you PIRs installed in the premises?

I was cool with that but I asked that someone from support could talk me through re-adding the sensor and then doing a system test. Its just annoying that they wouldn't try to help. I think myself the sensor is fine just with the phone line being bad on that day I believe that effected the alarm. For us the alarm sounded only once until we turned it off but at their call centre it was showing as still going off.

There is a PIR in the nearest room from the door sensor. I concern would be at night tripping the alarm going downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

I was cool with that but I asked that someone from support could talk me through re-adding the sensor and then doing a system test. Its just annoying that they wouldn't try to help. I think myself the sensor is fine just with the phone line being bad on that day I believe that effected the alarm. For us the alarm sounded only once until we turned it off but at their call centre it was showing as still going off.

There is a PIR in the nearest room from the door sensor. I concern would be at night tripping the alarm going downstairs.

They would get a description of the fault, so if it was the sensor they would see it at their end.
    If it was phone line related they wouldn't receive anything if the line was down.

Have you no keyfob or app on the system that could be used to set and unset the system?
    Do you know what type sensor or alarm you have installed?

Advertisement