Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if the recruitment comes out but your don't have your LC results yet?

• 19-03-2020 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I am just wondering what should you do if the recruitment comes out but you haven't got your leaving cert results back. I have a huge passion for this and since the applications come out in April/May usually that means I won't have results until August.

Would anyone know if they ask for leaving cert results before you enter stage 1 or is it later on?

Any reply would be appreciated

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

It’s highly unlikely there’ll be a recruitment drive in April/May with the virus, possibly at the end of the year at the earliest unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

KyleQ02 wrote: »
    Hi, I am just wondering what should you do if the recruitment comes out but you haven't got your leaving cert results back. I have a huge passion for this and since the applications come out in April/May usually that means I won't have results until August.

Would anyone know if they ask for leaving cert results before you enter stage 1 or is it later on?

Any reply would be appreciated

Thank you

you are required to enter your leaving cert subjects in the application form but you dont need to put down a grade, but will be required to bring the results to stage 3 if you get that far, likewise any other qualifications you have, im sure ul be safe enough tho as i cant envisage a recruitment drive in 2020 unfortunately for you, id advise getting some life experience before applying as they love that in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KyleQ02

Jaymc1 wrote: »
    you are required to enter your leaving cert subjects in the application form but you dont need to put down a grade, but will be required to bring the results to stage 3 if you get that far, likewise any other qualifications you have, im sure ul be safe enough tho as i cant envisage a recruitment drive in 2020 unfortunately for you, id advise getting some life experience before applying as they love that in the interview

Thank you very much. It is a relief to hear that. But I will take your advice on life experiences though. Good day.

Advertisement