Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest car insurance?

Options
  • 19-03-2020 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone lads, hope all of ye are doing well after all this corona virus thing.
    does anybody know the cheapest car insurance for a first time driver?
    i know it varies depending of many factors. i haven;t chose any car yet but my budget is a bit tight atm.

i'm 25 years of age, 26 on september, just got my full driving license this year and have no experience driving whatsoever.

i'm thinking of spending about a thousand in the car.

is there anybody in the same situation that got a car and the insurance for a reasonable price recently?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ring them all basically.

Try adding a 2nd driver with full driving licence and no pentalty points to the policy, doesn't have to be spouse, can be friend or other relative etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

based on recent experience, Liberty seems to be the only game in town for 1st timers.

Aviva, otoh, will take your money for their driving school ; Level 1, 2 & 3 - and then no-quote you when you're completed them as 'they only quote drivers with at least 1 years NCB'. They didn't say that when they took the €598 for the lessons...............

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ineedinfo

I rang a few places and Quote Devil were better priced. They gave me a cheaper quote for AXA insurance than AXA themselves. Strange but I recommend Quote Devil. Adding people onto it also lowered my insurance (slightly).

I'm driving 10 years but there was a gap in my insurance so they basically consider me a new driver. Paid €1800 for the first year and then about €1200 for the 2nd year. Also bought my car for about €2500... Silly mistake. If I could go back, I'd have taken a bigger loan out for a newer car (maybe not less than 10 yrs old..one that wouldn't die on me after 2 years).

Needless to say I'm looking for a car atm.

Advertisement