Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency laws

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

About time the country was run properly.
    Sniper rifles with infra-red scopes for anyone who owns a uniform. :cool:

Bullying in school yards will suddenly be very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Don't know much of th details on this, but I just heard on RTE that an amendment to the bill was passed by one vote, to make it illegal to 'evict' travellers from any site, not sure what other amendments were proposed, or passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

To boost their social welfare entitlements if they are out of work due to a pandemic disease?

Work?

Big Gerry wrote: »
    I can see them using these new laws against Dissident Republicans.

Unlikely, but anything that rids society of those vermin gets my vote

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged (#97)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

thanks Beasty, had a look but didn't see this one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Don't know much of th details on this, but I just heard on RTE that an amendment to the bill was passed by one vote, to make it illegal to 'evict' travellers from any site, not sure what other amendments were proposed, or passed.

Should be fun if they decide to take over a hospital car park.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Should be fun if they decide to take over a hospital car park.
    Won't be any visitors parking there anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Beasty wrote: »
    Won't be any visitors parking there anyway....

But doctors and nurses might want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭sporina

Q the deaths so far here in Ireland (RIP) - I understand that the patients wer all in a hospital or nursing home/long term care setting..
    Does anyone know if these people wer already in those settings? I assume those in the nursing homes/long term care wer?
    In any event - it looks like those settings are a big risk..
    I am wondering though if the deceased contracted the virus in those settings? If so, thats v worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

There seems to be posters here who would be happy to see people die if they could continue with their normal routine.

Did their parents not love them?

that's a bit much to say that .

it is an emergency but lets be honest if our normal system fails during times of trouble then it was a bag of sh1te to begin with.

I am concerned with these laws that they offer the state too much power into our lives. Sure it's an emergency but we still should have our freedoms.
    The laws are scheduled to be removed afterward but lets see if they are or continue indefinitely - some temporary measures seem to hang about forever like PRSI !

It's worrying that people actually cheerlead this kinda stuff. trading bits of their freedom for supposed security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

Going to arrest people if they don't keep social distance and yet not one of them is doing it on the street walking the usual side by side, no ppe at all on street or in cars, I suspect a surge very soon within the force.. for example look at this on camera and not one of them has distance from each other.
    https://m.facebook.com/rtenews/videos/2619098248378788/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I agree they should be wearing PPE at checkpoints and for on street interactions, but whats the point of them keeping their distance from each other? Each pairing and shift unit cannot fail to be close to each other, it'd be pointless to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Topdolla wrote: »
    Going to arrest people if they don't keep social distance and yet not one of them is doing it on the street walking the usual side by side, no ppe at all on street or in cars, I suspect a surge very soon within the force.. for example look at this on camera and not one of them has distance from each other.
    https://m.facebook.com/rtenews/videos/2619098248378788/

Does this really need a thread?

The other guy could be 2 metres behind him and all the lads down along are spaced out.

Topdolla wrote: »
    Going to arrest people

Which means the Gardai would be on top of each other anyway. What'd be the point of trying to maintain social distance. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

Which means the Gardai would be on top of each other anyway. What'd be the point of trying to maintain social distance. :rolleyes:

Id say they do be on top of each other alright haha, but seriously it only takes one person to handcuff someone.

Advertisement