Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCT Testing During Covid19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I just booked in for my re-test that was cancelled in March. I got an appointment for two weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Galadriel wrote: »
    I just booked in for my re-test that was cancelled in March. I got an appointment for two weeks away.

Yeah theres plenty of dates. Only those with a test from before the end of march are allowed to book appearnelty, plenty of dates all through June and July available.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

What happens to those due a retest before the end of March but local test center isn’t open yet? Ours has to be completed before the 6th of July but no test center near us is open. It states you must still adhere to the limitations on traveling set out by government. I wonder when will the rest be opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Yeah theres plenty of dates. Only those with a test from before the end of march are allowed to book appearnelty, plenty of dates all through June and July available.

Mine was originally booked for April 3rd,and I rebooked today for June 21st

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Mine was originally booked for April 3rd,and I rebooked today for June 21st

The release they put out said those with NCT due before 28th March should book now.

Everyone with NCT expiring after 28th was given an extra 4 months so shouldn't have a need to book now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The release they put out said those with NCT due before 28th March should book now.

Everyone with NCT expiring after 28th was given an extra 4 months so shouldn't have a need to book now.

I know...I just tried it and they gave me the date straight away??car has just been serviced so I’d prefer not to hang around,so hopefully will get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,403 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone know if your expiry date was extended is that your new anniversary date forever or will it revert back to registration date next time?

Anyone know if your expiry date was extended is that your new anniversary date forever or will it revert back to registration date next time?

Yeah it'll be forever, all NCT got a 4 month extension so if it's out now in say July it'll be July next time again

• Registered Users Posts: 82,403 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yeah it'll be forever, all NCT got a 4 month extension so if it's out now in say July it'll be July next time again

Cool, some good from Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 TomTanks

I got my test done just before lockdown they were unable to complete test due to faulty lifts. I can now book a free retest in 2 weeks time. Am I doing the right thing or is the retest only after a completed full test?

I cant book anything else only the free retest online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

TomTanks wrote: »
    I got my test done just before lockdown they were unable to complete test due to faulty lifts. I can now book a free retest in 2 weeks time. Am I doing the right thing or is the retest only after a completed full test?

I cant book anything else only the free retest online.

Of course it is free for you now.

Just book it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 TomTanks

wonski wrote: »
    Of course it is free for you now.

Just book it.

I did I'm worried I'll turn up and they'll say it's the wrong test.

TomTanks wrote: »
    I did I'm worried I'll turn up and they'll say it's the wrong test.

It's a retest. Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,248 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So if out now, ok for a 4 months to book?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So if out now, ok for a 4 months to book?

If your NCT test was due before 28th March fire away and book is what they're saying. If it was out after 28th there was a 4 month extension given so dont book yet according to the FAQ on the site.

My own was out the week before the 28th and couldn't get a test until mid April which was cancelled, have it in for a service in a weeks time and got the NCT booked for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

My NCT was due the day the restrictions came in. Went on the NCT site a day or two ago and was able to book in for this Wednesday at my local centre, no hassle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Sorry to post in a month old thread and apologies if there is a more relevant one.

I've gone to book my car in (expires end of this month) but the next available date at any centre in my area or surrounding areas is mid-September. :eek:

I will book it now to ensure I have the paperwork in my car in case of being stopped, but has there been any indication in relation to the (understandably) long wait times and how this may impact on how it is policed over the coming months or what would your opinion be on same?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

BrentMused wrote: »

I've gone to book my car in (expires end of this month) but the next available date at any centre in my area or surrounding areas is mid-September. :eek:

Was that the original date or the new one with 4 months added?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭wassie

Sorry to post in a month old thread and apologies if there is a more relevant one.
    I've gone to book my car in (expires end of this month) but the next available date at any centre in my area or surrounding areas is mid-September.

Make a reminder to check the website every Tuesday morning as that when bookings are updated and earlier slots may be available.

Slots also come up as people cancel. In the past I was checking several times a day and have managed to get an opening. You obviously need to have some flexibility to be able to grab a spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cudsy1

also september for cork city locations, only the odd cancellation slot before then. these seem to come and go in a matter of minutes

• Advertisement

Is all NCT centres opened back up?

I will book it now to ensure I have the paperwork in my car in case of being stopped, but has there been any indication in relation to the (understandably) long wait times and how this may impact on how it is policed over the coming months or what would your opinion be on same?

Thanks.

The earliest I can get a booking online for is October, seems all are extended for four months

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mickwat155

Sorry for jumping onto this thread but my nct was extended due to covid so it's up next week but the nearest test day I can get in sligo is 12 weeks away should I go with it and hope any garda that stops me understands?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭janisjoplin

I'm in the same situation. My car was due nct in April and it was then extended to August, went to book a new nct last week and have to wait until November. Just going to keep the confirmation email and text in the event the Gardaí stop me, hopefully they will understand

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Hi all.My car was tested week before lockdown with due date 30/04/2021 but when I checked on nct site has been extended till 30/08/2021.Same with my second car with nct due on the disc 28/02/2021 now 28/06/2021 and just thinking would be safe to drive past due date on the disc as new dates suits me better to do the test :)

Of course you can.

Your new due dates are perfectly valid.

Do they take cash at the centres?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

Hi all,
    My NCT was due back in Sept 2020, with the Covid19 thing, it has postponed to this month on the 20 of JAN 2021. I tried to book it, the next available is in March on the 10th. I do not know what to do. I ve sent an email to the NCT to see what to do. I should have booked it in advanced with more than a month....to late now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭This is it

emy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My NCT was due back in Sept 2020, with the Covid19 thing, it has postponed to this month on the 20 of JAN 2021. I tried to book it, the next available is in March on the 10th. I do not know what to do. I ve sent an email to the NCT to see what to do. I should have booked it in advanced with more than a month....to late now.

I don't know how far you'll get with email but if you call them they can out you on a cancellation list, it'll be short notice but you should get a date and time quick enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

This is it wrote: »
    I don't know how far you'll get with email but if you call them they can out you on a cancellation list, it'll be short notice but you should get a date and time quick enough

I tried to call them in the morning, nobody answered. It seems that they have an hour break now, at 14:15 will open again.

Advertisement