Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30" Cinema Display + Mac Pro 1,1

Options
  • 20-03-2020 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

I know both of these are old gear by now, but they are good for the work I need them for and my budget is limited. The 30" display I bought recently. The Mac Pro is patched to run El Capitan 10.11. My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 210, which has one DVI port, a HDMI and a VGA.

I also purchased a second hand 150w PSU for the 30" display. However, I'm not sure if the 150w PSU is actually not working or if the problem is my graphics card!

I also have a 23" Cinema Display which is using a 90w PSU and works fine with the Mac Pro and graphics card. I switched the 90w PSU with the 150w for the 23" display and nothing shows on the 23".

I have no other way of testing the 150w, but I think it's dead, not 100% sure. Is there any way I can test it, or should I look at buying a new graphics card with dual-DVI?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement