Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sinn Fein can't win on boards can they? :pac: If they shut up and let the gov do their jobs (the right thing to do imo) people say they've vanished but if Mary Lou was on the radio every day there'd be people here complaining about that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

MadYaker wrote: »
    Sinn Fein can't win on boards can they? :pac: If they shut up and let the gov do their jobs (the right thing to do imo) people say they've vanished but if Mary Lou was on the radio every day there'd be people here complaining about that too.
    I'd agree on the first but if they must have something to say let it be useful and not sounding like they just want to be heard. I'd say leave it to Mary Lou herself and certainly do not have the MoH in waiting doing rambling political point scoring or needing to sound like she's running the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Its not about winning on boards and that sum it up really its not about winning its about being serious about doing the correct thing.

The most interesting thing to me anyway is how all the posturing from all sides all political parties, is falling away, all the so-called characters from all sides, all the blustering, all the nonsense has mostly disappeared when things got real.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

She could offer solutions and maybe praise the hard work the government are trying to do.

You know stick together as we're all in it together.

But all she was interested in last night was criticising, moaning and taking the apple money.

Nothing constructive or helpful.

they built that cross for themselves. let them sit up on it a while yet.

and yeah, if mary lou had anything to say that was worth hearing it might be a different story.

maybe people might start to see yet that ireland isnt and hasnt been the disaster zone the rhetoric would have anyone believe, if they had any awareness or ability to look around a bit.

makes the descriptions sf and others have painted of the country look as stupid as they always were.

but no doubt theyll be back screaming about everything as soon as even their limited sense of decorum allows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,876 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

She could offer solutions and maybe praise the hard work the government are trying to do.

You know stick together as we're all in it together.

But all she was interested in last night was criticising, moaning and taking the apple money.

Nothing constructive or helpful.

Absolute and utterly unsustainable nonsense.

She gave the government credit where it was due credit. Clearly.

Her job is not to fawn, her job and her duty as an opposition TD is to monitor the performance of a government...even in a crisis...more importantly in a crisis.
    I think the people she spoke up for would disagree that she had nothing constructive to say.

this duty as an opposition td stuff

wheres this enshrined

every td has the same duty lads.

to legislate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Absolute and utterly unsustainable nonsense.

She gave the government credit where it was due credit. Clearly.

Her job is not to fawn, her job and her duty as an opposition TD is to monitor the performance of a government...even in a crisis...more importantly in a crisis.
    I think the people she spoke up for would disagree that she had nothing constructive to say.

When Ivan put it to her that saying take the Apple money she laughed sarcastically as to say I know it's a stupid odes but SF havd invested too much time in this Apple money fairytale to backtrack now.

It was a terrible interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

this duty as an opposition td stuff

wheres this enshrined

every td has the same duty lads.

to legislate.

They have spent so long whinging and complaining that it's all they know. They have no other response to anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

SF have fallen out of the news cycle and that's what they thrive on. PR and spin, increasing their electoral position. All with one principle objective - get rid of the border. So if the mood music is not in that direction at the moment, then it's time for them to retreat and fade, as nothing to be gained. But they will be back sooner or later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

Can a Sinn Fein Supporter explain the fascination with the Apple Tax money ?

As far as I am aware they have objected to every EU referendum which in turn has given the EU the power to issue this fine.

Do SF not see this fine as an attack on Irish Sovereignty ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

BarryD2 wrote: »
    SF have fallen out of the news cycle and that's what they thrive on. PR and spin, increasing their electoral position. All with one principle objective - get rid of the border. So if the mood music is not in that direction at the moment, then it's time for them to retreat and fade, as nothing to be gained. But they will be back sooner or later.

Theyve been all over the radio tv and papers the past two weeks.

I get people can’t tune into everything but they’ve been far more visible than at any point I can ever remember. And they’ve not made mention of their get rid of the border objective once.
    Bizarre take Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

If there was a proper conversation and not the usual BS that will never work in the real world it would be fine. What of the coronavirus, what's the SF plan ? This is real government issue right her right now.... no need one year down the road saying we would have done this or that.. Wright now what is SF plan of action .. what suggestions s do they have appart from taking money from an escrow account that does not below in whole to the irish revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

piplip87 wrote: »
    Can a Sinn Fein Supporter explain the fascination with the Apple Tax money ?

As far as I am aware they have objected to every EU referendum which in turn has given the EU the power to issue this fine.

Do SF not see this fine as an attack on Irish Sovereignty ?
    It's the same attitude for any entity looking to spend a whole lot of money, because of its sheer size. That we "own it" is the selling point and nothing else needs to be explained. I blame that IT journalist who wondered aloud about it as an option!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

they built that cross for themselves. let them sit up on it a while yet.

and yeah, if mary lou had anything to say that was worth hearing it might be a different story.

maybe people might start to see yet that ireland isnt and hasnt been the disaster zone the rhetoric would have anyone believe, if they had any awareness or ability to look around a bit.

makes the descriptions sf and others have painted of the country look as stupid as they always were.

but no doubt theyll be back screaming about everything as soon as even their limited sense of decorum allows.

eh? they built that cross for themselves? do you think SF give a monkeys what some posters on boards think? jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

maccored wrote: »
    eh? they built that cross for themselves? do you think SF give a monkeys what some posters on boards think? jaysus

Have you seen the amount of effort SF supporters go to defend SF on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

You clearly care anyway

if you don't understand what i was referring to, its considered good form to delve further rather than either presuming/inventing whatever meaning upsets you the most

When Ivan put it to her that saying take the Apple money she laughed sarcastically as to say I know it's a stupid odes but SF havd invested too much time in this Apple money fairytale to backtrack now.

It was a terrible interview.

All she was proposing was that it is looked at as a way of raising money that is going to be very necessary.

it took about a minute of the interview to deal with.
    An I disagree about the interview being 'terrible'.

You'll find it hard for instance to find an ordinary construction worker who would disagree with her view that they need to be protected too and her asking the question - if the decision not to shut sites was based on care for people or economics.

Stark wrote: »

I don't read too many SF supporters/voters sinking to fat shaming and low level misogyny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

FG will be returned in a landslide next election. It'll be like SF never had their victory.

All political parties monitor all social media.

SF employs a lot of spin doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The ERSI are predicting a 7% shrink in the economy due to actions taken in response to the virus. A lot of people are going to be relying on SW and tax take is being decimated. This should be a fertile hunting ground for SF and the left. Will it be?

mariaalice wrote: »

How many? Link?

I don't read too many SF supporters/voters sinking to fat shaming and low level misogyny.

i dunno if anyone else has noticed, but during an actual crisis the level of importance given to this type of thing has receded somewhat

almost as if it was either not all that troublesome really unless people were desperate for a complaint

or as if it was employed typically as a deflection tactic in an argument

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I wonder how many people are interested in taking on a €12bn a year economic basket case now that the economy's been flushed down the toilet?

How many? Link?

Inside Sinn Féin: the party with 200 staff and an extensive property portfolio
    According to party finance director Des Mackin, Sinn Féin has 200 staff and extensive property across the island.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/inside-sinn-f%C3%A9in-the-party-with-200-staff-and-an-extensive-property-portfolio-1.4193162

i dunno if anyone else has noticed, but during an actual crisis the level of importance given to this type of thing has receded somewhat

almost as if it was either not all that troublesome really unless people were desperate for a complaint

or as if it was employed typically as a deflection tactic in an argument

The point was, that 'SF supporters go to great lengths to defend'.

Fat shaming and misogyny is about as desperate as it gets and this site is riddled with it when it comes to SF.

Stark wrote: »

you mean the ones starting all the threads .. oh no ... sure they ARENT SF fans (or so they say)

• Advertisement

mariaalice wrote: »

if you think parties are bothered what people without an iota on boards say then you obviously overestimate your importance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement