Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Yurt! wrote: »

Newsflash lads, you screwed up a lot of sh*t and people don't like you.

I know SF are so perfect up North
    People vote on their policies up there,they implement them so well

• Registered Users Posts: 68,980 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I know SF are so perfect up North
    People vote on their policies up there,they implement them so well

More people voted for them here than anyone else.

Tough to grasp but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

christy c wrote: »
    Take the Pearse Doherty approach, it's a slight adaptation of the underpants gnomes approach:

Step 1: Reduce the pension age despite having a pension time bomb
    Step 2: Decimate the tax base
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: Better

Step 5. (a) In the North. Blame the British. They control the purse strings
    (b) In the South. Blame FF and FG. They are anti democratic and wont allow anyone else have power.

Edgware wrote: »
    (b) In the South. Blame FF and FG. They are anti democratic and wont allow anyone else have power.

FG and FF = Blame a certain section of the people and anyone else but themselves who have shared power in this state since it's foundation.

More people voted for them here than anyone else.

Tough to grasp but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

What SF'S vote in the north is less than 25%
    My
    Were they found out

• Advertisement

What SF'S vote in the north is less than 25%
    My
    Were they found out

What are you on about now Morte?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Maybe.

I think ultimately the responsibility falls to Martin to verify. We can only take politicians at their word until we know different.

In truth we can only 'trust' that NPHET and the HSE are giving the correct figures. we can't actually and factually verify them.

“We can only take politicians at their word until we know different”

Quite a number of politicians have stated that Gerry Adams was Commander-in-chief of the IRA. We can take that as settled then.

What are you on about now Morte?

You said more voted down south for SF than up north
    I said oh less than 25% were they found out,aka why?
    You of course know perfectly well what I said and meant

You only go on like that when you e a holding reply before the longer one is cleared from head office :D

Edgware wrote: »

Tbf FF and FG have come out and said they dont want 47.6 % of first preference votes in waterford (just of elected tds,) to be in government (38.3 sf plus 9.3 indo)

But are happy for mary butler (a particulary stupid td) on 12.4% and are wanting green canditadte who got 7.4% to be in??

Its somewhat difficult to draw any conclusion,other than they think people of waterford arent wanted

Some of you may not have noticed but Sinn Fein are back.

Remember the social distancing guidelines for no more that 10 people at a funeral?

Well, the good republican Sinn Fein Councillor Francie McNally passed away during the week, and 200 good republican souls turned up at his funeral to commemorate his passing. He got most of the full package, the horse-drawn carriage and the tricolour on the coffin, don’t know if he got the gun salute at the graveyard, though it hasn’t featured as much in recent years.

Police are investigating the incident which was a serious breach of public gathering guidelines. Once again the entitlement culture shines through with Sinn Fein.

Still, glad to hear they haven’t gone away, you know.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Some of you may not have noticed but Sinn Fein are back.

Remember the social distancing guidelines for no more that 10 people at a funeral?

Well, the good republican Sinn Fein Councillor Francie McNally passed away during the week, and 200 good republican souls turned up at his funeral to commemorate his passing. He got most of the full package, the horse-drawn carriage and the tricolour on the coffin, don’t know if he got the gun salute at the graveyard, though it hasn’t featured as much in recent years.

Police are investigating the incident which was a serious breach of public gathering guidelines. Once again the entitlement culture shines through with Sinn Fein.

Still, glad to hear they haven’t gone away, you know.

And how many SF members were at it??

You seem to have an indepth knowledge of this situation (ie wasnt presently an coucillor,but pedel lies away mate)

You can be a republican without supporting SF

Quite why you want to use this mans death to further your propaganda (what was it 12 of last 14 threads of yours is sf related.......indeed iirc you even berated them for wanting to cancel paddys day parade)

To me anyway,unless you can identify SF members,this critism is partisan and just a propaganda effort on your part....if you can identify them,then fair enough......,fact-check your pics here (if you wish)

You said more voted down south for SF than up north
    I said oh less than 25% were they found out,aka why?
    You of course know perfectly well what I said and meant

You only go on like that when you e a holding reply before the longer one is cleared from head office :D

I meant 'more voted for them' down here than they did for any other party.

And how many SF members were at it??

You seem to have an indepth knowledge of this situation (ie wasnt presently an coucillor,but pedel lies away mate)

You can be a republican without supporting SF

Quite why you want to use this mans death to further your propaganda (what was it 12 of last 14 threads of yours is sf related.......indeed iirc you even berated them for wanting to cancel paddys day parade)

To me anyway,unless you can identify SF members,this critism is partisan and just a propaganda effort on your part....if you can identify them,then fair enough......ive mates up and about there,so i can fact-check your pics here (if you wish)

Have a read of it yourself.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/04/09/news/mourners-at-funeral-of-francie-mcnally-blatantly-ignored-virus-advice-1897356/

https://www.irishnews.com/news/council/2020/04/09/news/psni-investigating-possible-social-distancing-breaches-at-francie-mcnally-funeral-1897261/

If it wasn’t Sinn Fein, is there another organisation that he might have been a member of who organised it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

They haven't gone away.......at least in Clare they haven't......

509114.PNG

She can hardly string a sentence together. Seriously there needs to be a certain standard set for the level of intelligence a candidate has before running for election. Did she only get elected because there was a SF logo beside her picture on the ballot paper?

If it was sf....the psni,or even dup would've laid blame at their feet,and not waste an oppurtunity to do so

Seems to.me,your blowing smoke,where theres no fire tbh.....still waiting on any actual.confirmation of SF members at attendece

Indeed his pub was smashed up by the psni,after a psni member was killed few years ago iirc (kerr was name i think??),chap was most deffo a dissident like

Tbf FF and FG have come out and said they dont want 47.6 % of first preference votes in waterford (just of elected tds,) to be in government (38.3 sf plus 9.3 indo)

But are happy for mary butler (a particulary stupid td) on 12.4% and are wanting green canditadte who got 7.4% to be in??

Its somewhat difficult to draw any conclusion,other than they think people of waterford arent wanted

Do you want a separate government for each county or a national government?

aido79 wrote: »
    Did she only get elected because there was a SF logo beside her picture on the ballot paper?

This seems to be likely the case,which would be a momentus shift for Shinners,as previously they had to do trojan work to get elected

And could potentially indicate,they are embedded within irish politics,wheter this is good.or bad,is entirely of ones own view i guess

What would SF have said if ,their democratically elected T.d's were dismissed like that in last Dáil ?
    News flash All T.d's are equal in the Dáil
    A majority agrees a government
    That's democracy

What would SF have said if ,their democratically elected T.d's were dismissed like that in last Dáil ?
    News flash All T.d's are equal in the Dáil
    A majority agrees a government
    That's democracy

Ive not said anything otherwise??

Just i cant see any future potential for waterford......even within the ranks of ff/fg their isnt anyone decent likely to be a td in next 10-15 years,
    Waterford strongest trade union city in the state,and couldnt muster a labour canditadte

Like i can just see ff/fg let waterford fall in decline tbh.....the refusal to allow indos,robbed waterford of.a good representive in matt shanahan (even fg members locally pissed off over this as some canvassed for him on understanding he was to be co-oped into fg)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

She can hardly string a sentence together. Seriously there needs to be a certain standard set for the level of intelligence a candidate has before running for election. Did she only get elected because there was a SF logo beside her picture on the ballot paper?

I would "question" her Psychology degree from Trinity also her husband is a drug dealer.
    Typical SF candidate..

• Advertisement

Quite a number of politicians have stated that Gerry Adams was Commander-in-chief of the IRA. We can take that as settled then.

No, the same onus is on those politicians as is on Martin to 'verify' what they say by presenting the evidence they have, if asked.

Same thing is asked of the police and judiciary if they present a case...show the evidence they have.

And nobody has done that or Adams would have gone to jail.

As for Adams...he says he wasn't, I cannot verify the opposite of that so therefore I can only take him at his word.

The Shinners are just a unit of the IRA, no one should ever take them seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

It got better......:D

Wynne hits out at ‘moaning’ constituents and ‘Prat Breen’ in bizarre online rant

......and the article only has a "selection" of her comments covered.

You should try living in a constituency that presented Hugh McElvaney and Conlon for election.

Yes it is 'whataboutery' because it is ridiculous to point to one elected rep and try to say all that party are like that. Unless you apply that standard across the board.

There is no way in hell I would say all of FG is like McElvaney.

JMMCapital wrote: »
    I would "question" her Psychology degree from Trinity College Dublin also her husband is a drug dealer.

Sinn Fein voters aren't bothered by things like that. Over 14000 of them gave first preference votes to a man who was jailed for having bomb making equipment under his bed and links to several bombs(through his fingerprints) in the UK. I'm not saying SF have links to the IRA but join the dots....

Sinn Fein voters aren't bothered by things like that. Over 14000 of them gave first preference votes to a man who was jailed for having bomb making equipment under his bed and links to several bombs(through his fingerprints) in the UK. I'm not saying SF have links to the IRA but join the dots....

You would have to be naive to believe the Shinners and IRA aren't connected.. worrying times indeed.

Wynne seems to be an anti-vax too, oh dear..

You should try living in a constituency that presented Hugh McElvaney and Conlon for election.

I do but I'm am in the half that presented Pauline Tully for election. Hopefully her political decisions are better than the decisions on who she chose to marry(which says a lot about her). McElvaney and Conlon definitely done themselves or their party no favours with their actions. Are they part of your reason for voting SF? For what its worth I think Matt Carty is a decent politician. It would be nice if him and Heather Humphries could work together.

Yes it is 'whataboutery' because it is ridiculous to point to one elected rep and try to say all that party are like that. Unless you apply that standard across the board.

There is no way in hell I would say all of FG is like McElvaney.

Yes one elected rep shouldn't tarnish an entire party. SF is such a mixed bag of representatives that it's very hard to know their standard at all.

I do but I'm am in the half that presented Pauline Tully for election. Hopefully her political decisions are better than the decisions on who she chose to marry(which says a lot about her). McElvaney and Conlon definitely done themselves or their party no favours with their actions. Are they part of your reason for voting SF? For what its worth I think Matt Carty is a decent politician. It would be nice if him and Heather Humphries could work together.

Put it this way, McElvaney and Conlan and an assortment of loons in the local party didn't prevent me from voting for FG in 2011.
    There isn't a party in Ireland that you couldn't dissect like that..nor the world I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Ive not said anything otherwise??
    You've said they're keeping poll toppers out of government
    They didnt have two massive Kerry poll toppers in it last time,I don't recall similar complaints
    Besides,best way to get into the next government is to agree a programme that commands s majority of Td's
    No sign of that from Sinn Féin (yet)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement