Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Tbf FF and FG have come out and said they dont want 47.6 % of first preference votes in waterford (just of elected tds,) to be in government (38.3 sf plus 9.3 indo)

But are happy for mary butler (a particulary stupid td) on 12.4% and are wanting green canditadte who got 7.4% to be in??

Its somewhat difficult to draw any conclusion,other than they think people of waterford arent wanted

Well if there is a FF FG Green coalition they will be two reps from Waterford and the Cardiac TD might throw his lot in. Thats 75% pro Government.
    Mr. "Up the Ra" can whine away for the nextfour years on the opposition bench

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

How anyone can still defend FG after everything that Michael Noonan did and got away with, is beyond me.

How anyone can still defend FG after everything that Michael Noonan did and got away with, is beyond me.
    You are very limited in your judgement of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0411/1129983-sinn-fein-criticise-call-for-covid-19-help-from-army/
    Sinn Féin has criticised a decision by the Stormont Health Minister to formally request assistance from the British Army to help deal with the coronavirus crisis.

Robin Swann said he has asked the military to assist with the distribution of lifesaving equipment and in the planning for a temporary emergency hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I see SF are now going on the: FF/FG exculded us from government but are now trying to steal our policies....

So trying to sort out homelessness and health now belong to SF ?

Is this what we will be in for ? Every decision the government make will be lambasted by SF because they think they have a monopoly on certain issues ?

I'll tell you what FF/FG won't do. They won't look at the Vacent site levey which take in 1 Million and double it to 100 Million to fund it.......

• Advertisement

piplip87 wrote: »
    I see SF are now going on the: FF/FG exculded us from government but are now trying to steal our policies....

So trying to sort out homelessness and health now belong to SF ?

Is this what we will be in for ? Every decision the government make will be lambasted by SF because they think they have a monopoly on certain issues ?

I'll tell you what FF/FG won't do. They won't look at the Vacent site levey which take in 1 Million and double it to 100 Million to fund it.......

Tbf they are actually implenting SF policies??

Like they are kinda what decided last election in most areas,it would be gross incompetence to.not do so.......like i welcome.anyone implenting policies to improve lives of those living here,i dont see whats to.complain about??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I see Sinn Fein have come out all guns blazing (in NI) at the very thought of the Army Logistical unit being used to transport supplies in the current Covid-19 crisis :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I see Sinn Fein have come out all guns blazing (in NI) at the very thought of the Army Logistical unit being used to transport supplies in the current Covid-19 crisis :)

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0411/1129983-sinn-fein-criticise-call-for-covid-19-help-from-army/

That's it Mortelaro, that's the story ✓

That's it Mortelaro, that's the story ✓

They also don't want them involved in building field hospitals
    Could the war not be put aside for one minute even for this crisis
    Most of the recruits involved won't be old enough to remember the troubles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Are they staying in their safe houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Edgware wrote: »
    You are very limited in your judgement of people.

We have someone who will be mentioned internationnly after he dies for all the wrong reasons, how does that seem wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,980 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Has everybody forgotten what we were all afraid of in Brexit?

There are still elements who will attack a BA presence in NI, they are a very very last resort.

As the article points out there are plenty within NI willing to help and with the resources too. Doesn't look to me that all resources have 'been exhausted'.

Who is the new leader of SF.........Phillip Flop??

One minute it's

Coronavirus: Sinn Fein would accept British Army help in Northern Ireland's Covid-19 fight, says Conor Murphy

Now it's......

Sinn Féin hits out at call for British Army assistance to deal with coronavirus

Which is it?

Has Conor been telling porkies again?

Do you guys just read headlines?

From the article:
    Sinn Fein has made it clear we will not rule out any measure necessary to save lives, protect the public and tackle the spread of Coronavirus,"

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Could the war not be put aside for one minute even for this crisis
    Most of the recruits involved won't be old enough to remember the troubles

The only war I know of is the war against Covid-19.

The only war I know of is the war against Covid-19.

Aye....great idea,send dissidents hundreds of handy targets

Jesus,the lack of risk.analysis or basic commonsense about here is both a joy and horror to behold

Has everybody forgotten what we were all afraid of in Brexit?

There are still elements who will attack a BA presence in NI, they are a very very last resort.

As the article points out there are plenty within NI willing to help and with the resources too. Doesn't look to me that all resources have 'been exhausted'.

I think anyone attacking British military building hospitals for Covid19 should be in prison
    Preferably in a loyalist wing with sashes for bed sheets and God save the Queen on repeat

We have someone who will be mentioned internationnly after he dies for all the wrong reasons, how does that seem wrong?
    Because you are wrong

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I think anyone attacking British military building hospitals for Covid19 should be in prison
    Preferably in a loyalist wing with sashes for bed sheets and God save the Queen on repeat

What?

• Advertisement

So SF criticises the decision to ask the army to help distribute medical supplies but they won't stand in the way of any measure to protect lives?

So SF criticises the decision to ask the army to help distribute medical supplies but they won't stand in the way of any measure to protect lives?

I presume it's acceptable as a last last resource.

Anyone with sense who wishes to keep things stable in NI would not have the BA next or near the place.
    Anyway with almost a 1000 people dead in Britain they may be needed there first.

so a political dig at a time of crisis.

don't we laugh at orange men for living in the past?

so a political dig at a time of crisis.

don't we laugh at orange men for living in the past?

How is wanting to keep the situation stable and not giving targets to people who wish to de-stabilise a political dig?

How is wanting to keep the situation stable and not giving targets to people who wish to de-stabilise a political dig?
    i mean ok, that could be the reason, i suspect its simply not wanting to see BA boots on the streets (which i understand) but now is hardly the time to worry about aesthetics

i mean ok, that could be the reason, i suspect its simply not wanting to see BA boots on the streets (which i understand) but now is hardly the time to worry about aesthetics

There was never anything 'simple' about 'BA boots on the streets' in Ireland sadly.

There was never anything 'simple' about 'BA boots on the streets' in Ireland sadly.
    i get it but its not the time imo

What?

You know exactly what

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Still no sign of Mary. Great leader right there...

• Advertisement

I presume it's acceptable as a last last resource.

Anyone with sense who wishes to keep things stable in NI would not have the BA next or near the place.
    Anyway with almost a 1000 people dead in Britain they may be needed there first.

The army has a second to none logistics capability, would be crazy not to use the Royal Logistic corps (if they were called for), no guns, just logistical transport support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement