Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Neither did the Dutch and yet we've tulips in the photo too

To be honest, the reason the UN flag was hoisted had to do with something SF will never understand.......us being an outward looking country. Why not share the moment with the wider world?

And yes, there probably was a political dimension to it, given the upcoming vote on our SC membership.

But really, when it comes to the politicisation of symbols, dates, "flegs" and even language, SF really have no ground to stand on when it comes to questioning others.

Let me get this straight, are you saying Sinn Fein are only insular and have no international links?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

But why traditionally do SF have an alternative march on Easter Monday. Any takers?

Because SF honour more than those killed during 1916-1923.

Alot if their Easter commerations locally take place at gravesides of fallen Provos.

I'm friends with a Pro of a SF cumman and she had up that she took a walk to the Cavan Monument for 1916 to lay some Lillie's for all those who died in Ireland's fight for freedom from 1798-1998

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Serious bang of snobbery off ladz here....every factory line is full of tradesmen aswell

I know literally dozens lada qualified,who are working in factories,driving trucks,working at milking cows etc etc,whether these wpuld return to building is another qs....

.i seriously wonder do people posting here,ever meet anyone outside their office.....theres rake of tradesmen who never set foot in oz/nz as many again have returned....people are returning from canada in their droves (serious pinch coming on rental properties in next few months there too)

As for stopping people building x....just introduce tax breaks/penalties for drive building towards targeted areas

I am self employed in the trade business.

Every day I get calls from people looking for sparks, plumbers, fitters etc.

They can't be found.

You Sir are lying.

Every factory line is full of tradespeople?

Milking cows????????

Can I even ask for some small but of evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

smurgen wrote: »
    Do you ever post anything of substance. I notice you as some sort of self appointed ref between posters? If you're not getting paid to do this it's some truly bizarre behaviour.

yes I'm getting paid to do this...jesus wept...

I am self employed in the plumbing business.

Every day I get calls from people looking for sparks, plumbers, fitters etc.

They can't be found.

You Sir are lying.

I am not.....i know dozens of lads working in factories etc,pay enough and you'll soon find em

Well out where i is anyway....but i know several civils companies who cant get staff to work in dublin alright and no longer price for jobs there....lads wont travel to work there,becuase its a sh1thole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

piplip87 wrote: »
    Because SF honour more than those killed during 1916-1923.

Alot if their Easter commerations locally take place at gravesides of fallen Provos.

I'm friends with a Pro of a SF cumman and she had up that she took a walk to the Cavan Monument for 1916 to lay some Lillie's for all those who died in Ireland's fight for freedom from 1798-1998

Fallen Provos, right :cool:

Which leads me to the 2nd part of my question. If SF get into government can they continue to have their Easter Monday march (in commemoration of the Provos)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Why does Lieo have ...
    Do you ever post anything of substance.

Have you no self awareness!

I am not.....i know dozens of lads working in factories etc,pay enough and you'll soon find em

Well out where i is anyway....but i know several civils companies who cant get staff to work in dublin alright and no longer price for jobs there....lads wont travel to work there,becuase its a sh1thole

Oh so Dublin is a ****hole now and that's the reason a lad won't work?????

Back to bed for you.

You SF lads are something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Let me get this straight, are you saying Sinn Fein are only insular and have no international links?

No, I'm saying they are not globalist in their outlook.

Just because they take money from all sorts, and fetishise failed parties and failed countries around the world, and have historically courted despots and dictators, it doesn't make them internationalist

They're Europhilia is only very recently acquired, they're hardly continentalist or Atlanticist, let alone internationalist.

They're opportunists.

Which leads me to the 2nd part of my question. If SF get into government can they continue to have their Easter Monday march (in commemoration of the Provos)?

When or where have SF ever held an easter monday march....you and i both know this hasnt occured....your blowing smoke,where theres no fire mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Of course they will. The will have to keep their base in tact.
    The question is would a SF lead government use the instruments of the state to commerate those who tried to overthrow it

Oh so Dublin is a ****hole now and that's the reason a lad won't work?????

Back to bed for you.

You SF lads are something else.

I lived in similar sized cities to dublin....its quality of life it offer citizens is a sh1thole status

Im up since before 7 mate,some of us need to keep working,

I lived in similar sized cities to dublin....its quality of life it offer citizens is a sh1thole status

Im up since before 7 mate,some of us need to keep working,

Sorry I don't believe you.

Factory lines of sparks and plumbers milking cows.

Sounds like a fairytale.

But most of what SF come out with is so you're in safe hands.

Sorry I don't believe you.

Factory lines of sparks and plumbers milking cows.

Sounds like a fairytale.

But most of what SF come out with is so you're in safe hands.
    Well....your free not to believe me...but it is the truth....my normal.job leads me to meet all sorts

These lads do nixers enmass at weekends,most make a grand a month cash-in-hand on top of their wages

Lads are gonna be needing to clear 2.5 to 3K minimum a month to give it up like (maybe need add few hundred a month for dublin based people?)....cant see too many building companies willing to compete with pharma sectors for employee...

i know lads left perth to go do concrete work on the new underground in london few years ago as they were getting substancially more(along with lifestyle benefit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Funny how I work with lads travelling up from Wexford, Wicklow and the midlands everyday and ones who rent during their shift from the west and north then go back home after.A lot of them have family farms but choose to come to Dublin to work , your talking through your arse .

Funny how I work with lads travelling up from Wexford, Wicklow and the midlands everyday and ones who rent during their shift from the west and north then go back home after.A lot of them have family farms but choose to come to Dublin to work , your talking through your arse .

I know lads coming from newry and beyond aswell....never said it wasnt happening (seriously read,what i said)??

Just that i know civils companies,who wont price work up.there as they cant get people to travel...given a choice with any regional cities,where they also do work,noone picks dublin

Indeed ask your mates travelling and double renting,if.they would rather work nearer home,if their companies had work there or be pricking about in dublin?

I know lads coming from newry and beyond aswell....never said it wasnt happening (seriously read,what i said)??

Just that i know civils companies,who wont price work up.there as they cant get people to travel...given a choice with any regional cities,where they also do work,noone picks dublin

Indeed ask your mates travelling and double renting,if.they would rather work nearer home,if their companies had work there or be pricking about in dublin?

Well that could a be problem for SF's housing policy.

Lorcan Sirr, cited with authority earlier as something of a sage, has highlighted how Dublin is pretty much "it" when it comes to housing etc ("To solve housing crisis, we must get over our problem with cities").....
    Dublin’s demographic and economic magnetism is such that no plan will stop it, and nor should any try. As more than half the country’s tax take comes from Dublin, what’s good for Dublin is good for Ireland. The issue is how does the rest of Ireland respond.

.....so people want to live in Dublin, but, per your post, builders/tradespeople don't want to work in Dublin.....how then will SF deliver on their promised housing policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Well they all pass other Pharma companies on the way up who are hiring for the positions they have so they mustn’t think it’s that much of a ****hole .

Well that could a be problem for SF's housing policy.

Lorcan Sirr, cited with authority earlier as something of a sage, has highlighted how Dublin is pretty much "it" when it comes to housing etc ("To solve housing crisis, we must get over our problem with cities").....

.....so people want to live in Dublin, but, per your post, builders/tradespeople don't want to work in Dublin.....how then will SF deliver on their promised housing policy?

Social housing is needed across the state,you have areas like piltown,south kk now listed as rent pressure zones

Rest of state is roughly 18 months behind dublin in terms of housing shortage,the scale of problem developing outside dublin and noone reporting on it,just highlights how completly dublin-centric and ignore rest of the state tge media here is(rents in my local village are now starting at e900 a month,its a nice place...but not worth that)

......instead we will do usual retard thing politians here,embark upon,wait for problem to develop and then walk around blaming everyone else for not proactively getting ahead of problem....lack of political.leadership and vision is a disgrace here

Well they all pass other Pharma companies on the way up who are hiring for the positions they have so they mustn’t think it’s that much of a ****hole .

And yet again,im talking about civil companies,not pricing in dublin due to not being able to get staff to go there??
    (Ive no doubt your buddies,travel.distance to go there,but realistically,most would prefer a 30 min commute vs 3 plus hours,same as most would prefer to pay 1 rent vs 2)

Just because we barely disagree politically,deosnt mean you have to oppose everything,water is wet irregardless of who says it

• Advertisement

Phoebas wrote: »
    Have you no self awareness!

What's incorrect there? He is a liar. It's proven.

https://www.thejournal.ie/waterford-hospital-varadkar-2-4620107-May2019/

What's incorrect there? He is a liar. It's proven.

https://www.thejournal.ie/waterford-hospital-varadkar-2-4620107-May2019/

This likely cost FG a seat in waterford

I know members of FG,who refused to canvass/put up posters in local elections down here after his carryon (iirc correctly was around that time?)

Social housing is needed across the state,you have areas like piltown,south kk now listed as rent pressure zones

Rest of state is roughly 18 months behind dublin in terms of housing shortage,the scale of problem developing outside dublin and noone reporting on it,just highlights how completly dublin-centric and ignore rest of the state tge media here is(rents in my local village are now starting at e900 a month,its a nice place...but not worth that)

......instead we will do usual retard thing politians here,embark upon,wait for problem to develop and then walk around blaming everyone else for not proactively getting ahead of problem....lack of political.leadership and vision is a disgrace here

Love it :D

Lorcan Sirr is an oracle when he suggests SF's housing proposals have merit, but is to be ignored when he suggests Dublin takes priority.

Love it :D

Lorcan Sirr is an oracle when he suggests SF's housing proposals have merit, but is to be ignored when he suggests Dublin takes priority.

I have never said dublin shouldnt take prioirty nor ever heard of lorcan sirr??

Quite how yous managed to draw that from my post is beyond me??

,but anything that you need to run away from debate,sure throw up a few rubbishy uncalibrated graphs while your at it

This likely cost FG a seat in waterford

I know members of FG,who refused to canvass/put up posters in local elections down here after his carryon (iirc correctly was around that time?)

Yep they ran 3 candidates and for the first time didn't get one elected in Waterford.

I have never said dublin shouldnt take prioirty nor ever heard of lorcan sirr??

Quite how yous managed to draw that from my post is beyond me??

,but anything that you need to run away from debate,sure throw up a few rubbishy uncalibrated graphs while your at it

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what an "uncalibrated" graph is?

Do you mean to say that the axes of the graph that showed that SF TDs own (or have an interest in) land to a greater degree than any other party, was scaled in relativities or indices rather than in absolutes?

Again, nothing wrong with that - for example, dose / response curves are often specified using such techniques as it aids understanding, likewise a lot of economic data is specified relative a fixed base and expressed as an index.

Anyway, another poster was citing Lorcan Sirr, (lecturer in housing studies and urban economics with DIT/TU-Dublin) because he, to a degree, endorsed SF's housing policy proposals - it seems Sirr's bona fides have not permeated fully through the Shinner-verse.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what an "uncalibrated" graph is?

Do you mean to say that the axes of the graph that showed that SF TDs own (or have an interest in) land to a greater degree than any other party, was scaled in relativities or indices rather than in absolutes?

Again, nothing wrong with that - for example, dose / response curves are often specified using such techniques as it aids understanding, likewise a lot of economic data is specified relative a fixed base and expressed as an index.

Anyway, another poster was citing Lorcan Sirr, (lecturer in housing studies and urban economics with DIT/TU-Dublin) because he, to a degree, endorsed SF's housing policy proposals - it seems Sirr's bona fides have not permeated fully through the Shinner-verse.

Meh lookit,some of us obviously have/require higher/basic standreds for evidence/proof and thats ok too....just seems hypocritical to sneer at shinners for being poor at maths,while running with uncalibrated graphs to indulge said sneering

But everyone is entitled to their view/way of doing things i guess

Meh lookit,some of us obviously have/require higher/basic standreds for evidence/proof and thats ok too....just seems hypocritical to sneer at shinners for being poor at maths,while running with uncalibrated graphs to indulge said sneering

But everyone is entitled to their view/way of doing things i guess

So how does one "calibrate" a graph?

And it's not just maths SF are bad at - some of their bright young things called to canvass my father-in-law on his farm.......and proceeded with their spiel about SF and agriculture.....which was all centred on beef and dairy farming......they didn't realise they were on a tillage holding and when he asked about grain supports they were, to say the least, perplexed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Lol. Expecting canvassers to be aut fait with grain subsidy policy. How well do think the average FG canvasser would fare on your pop quiz?

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    Lol. Expecting canvassers to be aut fait with grain subsidy policy. How well do think the average FG canvasser would fare on your pop quiz?

Not at all, but I'd expect canvassers to know the difference between a livestock and tillage holding - it's not that they look totally different, they even smell totally different.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement